Donators forum IC match

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:08 pm

By the way, I was really happy people liked/used Shumelka. One of my favorite songs from a very favorite band of mine :P And damn if Ileia didn't do it justice in action form.

I have to admit I was probably the one most enthusiastically pushing for #30, but gosh, that track just kicks unbelievable amounts of ass. It never came to my mind before how well some of the percussion in there could be used with synching machineguns and stuttery visuals. Great to see Ileia's gonna have it finished up and such :D

As far as Wurpess', that was a real surprise, and while I agree the source did a lot for it (as it did in Ileia's case too actually - can't say the crisp visuals didn't help), but in both the editing was just right. It's a good sign in #50 that I didn't even have to pay attention to the editing - that means it's working!

I really enjoyed a lot of these to be honest. Kinda sad some of them didn't get recognition. The level of entries was definitely quite high. One thing that should've been mentioned is the couple of entries with interesting source solutions - e.g. Orwell who used multiple audio tracks, and KrzT who edited the audio and used multiple video sources. Both of them ran out of time to really get their tracks either to a state of better flow or to completion, I think, but both tried something pretty interesting source-wise.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:40 pm

Toploader - Dancing in the Moonlight (2001)

...I though that song was from like the 80's ...lol. Sorry, none of the others i really listen to. You win this round oto! but we shall meet again, i swear by it!

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:12 pm

I think the audio selection was perfect, IMO. I mean, we had a song for every genre of AMV. Though, I would have liked to have heard at least one teenybobber (NSYNC, BRITNEY SPEARS, Backstreet Boys) song, which would have been a fun AMV.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:40 pm

CodeChrono wrote:I think the audio selection was perfect, IMO. I mean, we had a song for every genre of AMV. Though, I would have liked to have heard at least one teenybobber (NSYNC, BRITNEY SPEARS, Backstreet Boys) song, which would have been a fun AMV.
That's what I was picking for, different genres. And we almost had a Nsync song but the Toploader one got used instead.

BunofGovt
Org Profile

Post by BunofGovt » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:30 am

Congrats, Ileia and Wurpess!

This was fun and I'd definitely like to take part if/when it happens again bweh heh

Meh, I hate traveling without my laptop. Wretched hotel business centers ...
"Didn't I say something clever earlier?"
"Dunno, I was probably asleep when you said it."

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:59 pm

guy07 wrote:
Toploader - Dancing in the Moonlight (2001)

...I though that song was from like the 80's ...lol. Sorry, none of the others i really listen to. You win this round oto! but we shall meet again, i swear by it!
It's a cover of a sixties song.

Kristyrat
Time-traveling penguin
Org Profile

Post by Kristyrat » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:15 pm

Congrats to the winnar + runner-up. This was pretty damn fun, once I got around the various cursing and frustration, I'd definately consider doing another one :up:

krzT
I has a title
Org Profile

Post by krzT » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:31 pm

Yay congrats to Ileia and wurpess!
Seriously #30 blew me away when I watched it. I almost wanted to flush my track down the toilet...if that were physically possible...>_> But hooray for editing under pressure!

wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:44 pm

krzT wrote:Seriously #30 blew me away when I watched it. I almost wanted to flush my track down the toilet...if that were physically possible...>_> But hooray for editing under pressure!
x2. I thought a lot of the tracks were really awesome. (hence why I was so surprised at getting runner up.) But #30 was definately teh awsm. *^_^*

But this was a lot of fun and I would definately do another. (And hopefully my schedule will be better for it and leave me feeling less stressed. :P)
ImageImage

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:34 pm

Yesh, I too would be happy to do another one.

Oh, and I just got through watching all of the videos, and I'm shocked beyond belief how great they were. I mean, #30 was like WOW. :shock:

Return to “General Discussion”