Audio Timing Off.

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
BJR
Org Profile

Audio Timing Off.

Post by BJR » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:07 am

Okay so i am making an AMV, but when i want to see if the clip fits with the sound the timing is way off.
So when its supposed to be on another part its still near the beggining.
And when i save it there is a great big chunk of nothing at the end that i cant get rid of. Any Tips?

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:40 pm

Well in your preview window of WMM.. the timing is off because WMM sux at previews... I would alwyas like save the project after a couple changes and see how it looks and such....

as for blank spot... possibly where you don't have any clips laid?

BurningLeaves
Org Profile

Post by BurningLeaves » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:51 pm

Ohhh I had this problem so much when I used WMM. There might be a fix for it that I dont know of, but if not I can give you some tips that have worked for me:

Timing Off:

This happed with almost every video I tried to do in wmm. My little backdoor tip for this is After importing your audio drag it to the left and leave your self 10 seconds (or so) to edit with. Once your done with those 10 seconds drag the audio to the right another 10 seconds and so on. You might still have some problems twords the middle/end but at least in the begining you dont have to save every 10 seconds to make sure its right. I cant guarantee this will work for you but it did for me, many times.

Extended Audio:

I have no idea why it does this. But the audio gets extended in the actual program so you have to cut it off at the source. Before you save check just how far your audio clip goes. If you have a 4 minuite song but you notice the track is playing for 8 you need to A. Cut it down to the right time (it usually loops itself so the 1/2 way mark is good just make sure before exporting) B Delete audio track and re-import ( I recomend A for speed) If you already finished your video and the audio is the only thing messed up (looped) You can load your video into VirtualDub click Streams, Disable the audio stream. Click Add (still on the stream menue) Then add your Mp3. Then you will also have to delete the ending of the video were it will just be black while the song plays for the second time.

It gets said alot, but I really do recomend switching from WMM it will give you nothing but problems. I recomend Magix They offer a free trial and from personal exsperiance its a very easy transition between the two programs. If you decide to buy it its only $50 wich is cheep concidering the average price for a decent editing program.

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:27 pm

The audio never got extended or whatever for me in the program... I would jus tsave the project AFTER shortening the audio whenever I would do it. Then I'd just drag the audio to its original length.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:57 pm

As a point of knowledge, this is a known problem with WMM and one of the reasons people tend to switch to other editing programs.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

BJR
Org Profile

Post by BJR » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:34 am

Thanks So Much!

Master_Shinigami666
Org Profile

Post by Master_Shinigami666 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:17 am

all u need to do, is go back to the origional project file and move the sound file over until the video files matche

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:23 pm

Master_Shinigami666 wrote:all u need to do, is go back to the origional project file and move the sound file over until the video files matche
ZOMG!! that totally fixed all sync problems with WMM!! :evil:
new banzors in the making :p

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:00 pm

.. on many older editors there is a "Match Audio to Video Length" option .. today that option is not needed -- unless your computer is slower than a Laptop!

Editing requires a lot of internal commands:
1) get the Image.
2) mark the location.
3) get the Audio section.
4) mark the location.
..... repeat as needed.

.. the problem with that is your computers ability to divide the Audio into proper sections.
( That problem was solved when editors started using API-Calls in the programs. Win98 )
(( That problem re-appeared when Windows moved everything back to non-API programming. WinNT))
((( problem solved by using Real-Time Editors 8-) )))

WMM and WMM2 are NOT real-time editors; as such, you will need to match the Audio to the Video my magic :oops:
[ don't ask, we haven't figured it out either! ]

Master_Shinigami666
Org Profile

Post by Master_Shinigami666 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:10 am

Autraya wrote:
Master_Shinigami666 wrote:all u need to do, is go back to the origional project file and move the sound file over until the video files matche
ZOMG!! that totally fixed all sync problems with WMM!! :evil:
yeah it does :roll:

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”