From what i'm reading ... Linkin Park sucks now cuz of mtv

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Mon Jul 15, 2002 8:34 pm

*Bows down to Rebus_Valstay*
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

UncleMilo
Org Profile

Post by UncleMilo » Tue Jul 16, 2002 7:59 am

I just had to comment on TheRealNeoHentaiMaster.

1) Just because YOU don't get Evangelion, doesn't mean that everyone who claims to understand it is fibbin'

2) Many people here understand that DBZ isn't for all audiences... but that doesn't change the fact that people still don't like it. Furthermore, people who say they don't like it aren't always saying so because they are comparing it to a show that "requires more thought"... I happen to like titles like Street Fighter IIv and Darkstalkers, which both are combat oriented titles... and I don't like DBZ because I don't find the characters to be interesting at all... nor do I like the art style... but I don't compare it to Evangelion (another show I like)

3) I watch shows that are considered "kids shows"... and the problem in the US is that most people think that anything animated is for kids... most people here are anime fans and know the difference, thank you very much.

4) DBZ and Pokemon are most certainly anime.

5) Almost all matters of taste are up for debate. It is the human condition to discuss and argue why or why not they do the things they do. There are reasons why we like or dislike the things we do. To ask people to stop talking about things... or stop debating them... is rather foolish and a real step backwards. You seem to ignore the fact that your whole post IS AN ARGUMENT... it is a list of your reasons why others should give DBZ and LP more respect then you think it is getting. Therefore, you are stating your case. Thus, discussion is happening. You can't make a point and demand that everyone else shut up... well... you can do that, but its naive to think people are going to shut up... most likely, they'll talk more!

6) I don't like DBZ. In fact, I hate it utterly. When I saw the show, I simply disliked it... but what has caused my true hatred of the show is the army of DBZ fans who raid all the anime discussion groups like a group of gangland thugs and harass everyone who isn't into DBZ. It's a real turn off.
(I am not saying you are such a person... I'm just explaining my own personal reasons for hating the show).

Anyway... I just felt like replying to your comments with some views of my own.

-Uncle Milo
There are two kinds of people in this world:
Those who divide people into two kinds of groups
and those who don't.

Return to “General AMV”