Mac Help: Creating an AMV using Final Cut Pro

For discussion on Mac software and video editing on Mac computers.
Hollow Naruto
Org Profile

Post by Hollow Naruto » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:42 pm

thanx guys a lot this is all useful information that i will be studying hard. Quick question to anybody that wants to answer this how long (avg time) would you say it would take an AMV creator to make a 5 star worthy video on this site in your opinion?

usa mimi productions
Org Profile

Post by usa mimi productions » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:00 pm

Hollow Naruto wrote:thanx guys a lot this is all useful information that i will be studying hard. Quick question to anybody that wants to answer this how long (avg time) would you say it would take an AMV creator to make a 5 star worthy video on this site in your opinion?
are you talkin about how long it takes to make an amv, or rather how long it take till you can make 5 star worthy amvs? i don't get any (nor do i expect any at that point) attention here at all. then again i also make amvs because i like making them...not so much for star ratings/opinions.

Hollow Naruto
Org Profile

Post by Hollow Naruto » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:48 pm

well i think i phrase the question terribly. How long on avg do you think it would take to make a AMV the level that the top 10% rated videos are. like its pretty obvious that most of the videos that i watched so far go well beyond simple cuts and putting clips to music, it seems like these guys/girls put in a whole lot of time and effort to these videos. It's like it would take some of these guys months to create some of this stuff. I dont care about the stars or opinions i'm only concerned about getting better as a video editor, and i want to be to deliver the same calibur work as these guys. The question regarding time was only so i could gauge how much time and energy that i'm going have to prep myself for.... i guess so i can psyc myself up...i guess

usa mimi productions
Org Profile

Post by usa mimi productions » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:34 pm

Hollow Naruto wrote:well i think i phrase the question terribly. How long on avg do you think it would take to make a AMV the level that the top 10% rated videos are. like its pretty obvious that most of the videos that i watched so far go well beyond simple cuts and putting clips to music, it seems like these guys/girls put in a whole lot of time and effort to these videos. It's like it would take some of these guys months to create some of this stuff. I dont care about the stars or opinions i'm only concerned about getting better as a video editor, and i want to be to deliver the same calibur work as these guys. The question regarding time was only so i could gauge how much time and energy that i'm going have to prep myself for.... i guess so i can psyc myself up...i guess
i have yet to do that...this perticular *hobby* is cut throat and seems to offer little help to new people. it is too comptitive, in my opinion. i guess if you are good at what you do, you will do alot better than taking a little bit to warm up and get good. practice, practice, practice? i admire your drive an energy it is something i dont quite have as much lately. :\

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:57 pm

Nobody likes talking about it in our society, what with the idea everyone can do everything if they just put their nose to the grindstone long enough, but there is something to be said for innate skill. You can either have it or not. If not, given years of practice you can fake it, but those with it can also progress in that time too.

There's nothing wrong with having a goal (despite the fact that the vast majority of people here that'll speak out on the subject will argue otherwise), but talking about it causes more drama than it's worth.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Hollow Naruto
Org Profile

Post by Hollow Naruto » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:44 pm

To Basharoftheages: you are right some people have that innate skill, but all of those guy had to start somewhere. The difference between the people who do really well and those who fare not so well is persistance they just stick with it.

To usa mimi pro: The reason i'm so energetic about this stuff is because i LOVE to edit and when i see things that i havent done before i gotta try and re create it or make something similar. Try remembering what made you want to create AMV's in the first place anything after that anything doesnt matter competition or whatever

Shazzy
Org Profile

Post by Shazzy » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:43 pm

What the hell is this thread even about anymore?

"Hollow Naruto" said
I needed help on making my clips into a lossless codec like virtual dub does for a pc.
So I said, hey, DV's not a lossless codec, just so you know, and there are some guides available that show you how to convert stuff on a Mac, knock yourself out.

And then it's Mimi Wants To Be Top Drama Queen? Holy cow you're nuts, girl :p
AMV guides for Mac users
DOWNLOAD THIS AMV
Quarter-life crisis: a sense that everyone is, somehow, doing better than you.

usa mimi productions
Org Profile

Post by usa mimi productions » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:20 am

Shazzy wrote:And then it's Mimi Wants To Be Top Drama Queen? Holy cow you're nuts, girl :p
i am just honest about how things are. since when is that a crime? :)

Return to “Mac Software”