Donators forum IC match

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:01 pm

Orwell wrote:What about tech specs? Or will everyone just release their video individually, if they choose?
I left that open since different people prefer different specs. So if someone wants to do something odd like an 800x60 video in animated gif form so it can be shown in their sig, well, I ain't gonna stop them.

At the end I'm going to link to the video submitted when I announce who did what. Releasing on the org is up to each person though since not everyone does that.

Kristyrat
Time-traveling penguin
Org Profile

Post by Kristyrat » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:22 pm

I'm definately interested in this, especially since it's so soon, and putting aside 48 hours to IC should be fun. Count me in.

Topstar_Productions
Org Profile

Post by Topstar_Productions » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:45 pm

Sounds like fun, It'll have to wait till tuesday though.

Ayanefan
Org Profile

Post by Ayanefan » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:22 pm

Just popping in to say "hi".

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:19 pm

so, I never have two days off in a row...so how 'bout I just make a video in, say, two hours? 48 hours seems like an awfully long Iron Chef....
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:23 pm

Ileia wrote:so, I never have two days off in a row...so how 'bout I just make a video in, say, two hours? 48 hours seems like an awfully long Iron Chef....
Noone says you have to use all 48 hours of it, right?

Me and Jasper had about that much for our original IC and I only used about 8-10 of those hours in one sitting :P

I'll have to check my schedule for this one... :roll:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:12 pm

Ileia wrote:so, I never have two days off in a row...so how 'bout I just make a video in, say, two hours? 48 hours seems like an awfully long Iron Chef....
The 48 hours is a max not what you're forced to do. I know you produce decent videos very quickly compared to, well, just about anyone so if you think two hours is all you need then just use two hours.

The problem with the typical 2 hours is that it often produces videos that has minor mistakes galore and comes to an abrupt stop after 30 seconds because the time limit was up. For example, I remember last years Acen where Nessie won with a theme of revolution. The judges said they voted for her because they could see her video was going somewhere. Which is true but it didn't actually get there because the time limit prevented her from finishing (at the IC at least). So I figured give more time and hopefully the result will be complete videos and an editor can polish it up a little instead of leaving in minor mistakes because of time pressure.

Besides, keeping track of 48 hours by when I send a PM and when the video is uploaded works fine. So someone loses half an hour because they didn't get my PM right away, no big deal. Trying to keep track of many people for just 2 hours where not getting something right away can make a big difference? I ain't even gonna try that.

Nessephanie
Cookie Monster
Org Profile

Post by Nessephanie » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:49 pm

godix wrote:I remember last years Acen where Nessie won with a theme of revolution. The judges said they voted for her because they could see her video was going somewhere.
You should have stuck to not using an example, cause the one you used is wrong hehe.
They voted for my video because of how I used the secret ingredient in accordance to the theme, Revolution. Not because the vid was going somewhere, because honestly my video wasn't going anywhere haha.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:12 pm

Nessephanie wrote:Not because the vid was going somewhere, because honestly my video wasn't going anywhere haha.
Not that unlike the other competitor, who was going nowhere fast due to the nature of the 'revolution' ^^

Lens Flare Nipples is still awesome though!
ImageImageImageImage

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:43 pm

lens flare nipples ....? :shock:

Return to “General Discussion”