Otakon Winners?!?

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Rinny
Org Profile

Post by Rinny » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:22 pm

kiarrens wrote: Although my guy friend sitting next to me didn't enjoy it quite as much as I did. :D
I think a lot of guys discounted it simply because it was shonen-ai, which really is a shame, because it was very well edited and had a nice story.
Thank you. The boy sitting next to me was like "-You- did a -Loveless- video? That's evil." Before it had even aired. I'm willing to bet some people would just refer to it as "that yaoi video", which is sad, I think. But as long as there are people who enjoyed it, I don't care. :)

Adv1sor
Org Profile

Post by Adv1sor » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:32 pm

downwithpants wrote:grats all

too lazy to read through thread. any drama?
Nope, just another great Otakon AMV show!

Thanks John and Gratz again to the winners!

Kumy
Org Profile

Post by Kumy » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:54 am

i entered my video into Otakon, not expecting at all to get into the contest. Which somehow i managed to do. :P Although i didnt win and didnt expect to because my editing skills arent that great. I'm just glad that over 100 people voted for my AMV ^_^

ForeverZeroo
Org Profile

Post by ForeverZeroo » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:17 pm

Kumy wrote:i entered my video into Otakon, not expecting at all to get into the contest. Which somehow i managed to do. :P Although i didnt win and didnt expect to because my editing skills arent that great. I'm just glad that over 100 people voted for my AMV ^_^
where did you find these numbers? >_> i wanna find out.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:37 pm

Okay, it's been over a week... so when is Hackerzc going to make the official announcement, including honorable mentions and vote percentages for the winners?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Kumy
Org Profile

Post by Kumy » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:41 pm

because i was in the contest i just pmed the man who was in charge of the contest ballots and got the numbers from him. He isnt giving out a complete listing of the percentages for each of the winners unless they ask him himself. I just wanted to see how people reacted to mine at Otakon never expecting to be in the contest so i am surprised it got there. Mine was the first one shown in the AMV contest. I don't know how to upload to the site or else i would upload mine here for people to dl.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:59 pm

Kumy wrote:I don't know how to upload to the site or else i would upload mine here for people to dl.
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... yer/up.htm

:idea:
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Kumy
Org Profile

Post by Kumy » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:27 pm

lol thanks alot

dracosidhe
Org Profile

Post by dracosidhe » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:06 pm

Junipertay wrote:
I wasn't surprised. Your video got the best reaction and although it wasn't a traditional crossover video with a ton of masks and whatnot, you had excellent scene selection. For example, you'd have one person swing their sword down and then the other series would block it as if *gasp* it were coming down on them .

Some would call that lazy (i.e. not masking), but I call it good scene selection. I will however agree there were other good entries in all the categories so winning in any category wasn't exactly easy.

Regardless, congrats. Especially since after talking to you on stage, you seem like a newcomer .
Haha, thanks DW! :wink: I hope I didn't come across as lazy---I would have LOVED to do more/better cutouts/masking etc, but good lord, my Premiere 5.5 could barely handle what I did! lol As it was gave me a heart attack at least five different times, with crashing/freezing/and the lovely "file not found" error message. Blargh! :roll: So yeah, I opted to try and do some "clever" editing instead. I'm hoping that I can get some better software this year, thus allowing me to do much better masking, effects, etc.

And yep, I guess I am pretty much a newbie...lol...I did the "Seven May Cry" vid last year and that was my very first. I'm a professional Graphic Designer and I took a few classes on Premiere and video editing back in college, but that's about it.

I thought all the vids in the contest were fantastic, BTW!! Everyone did a great job!

~Junipertay
I recognized the name. I LOVED Seven May Cry last year and your vid this year. Great song choice last year, especially!

I'm glad you stuck with just scene selection, as sometimes masking comes off a bit...ehhh depending on how it is done. At least to me. Perhaps if you hadn't really gotten some wonderful scene selections and didn't come up with the neato idea the video would have suffered, but I think you successfully made a great video that had my friends in stitches and just so pleased with it.

dracosidhe
Org Profile

Post by dracosidhe » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:09 pm

Rinny wrote:
kiarrens wrote: Although my guy friend sitting next to me didn't enjoy it quite as much as I did. :D
I think a lot of guys discounted it simply because it was shonen-ai, which really is a shame, because it was very well edited and had a nice story.
Thank you. The boy sitting next to me was like "-You- did a -Loveless- video? That's evil." Before it had even aired. I'm willing to bet some people would just refer to it as "that yaoi video", which is sad, I think. But as long as there are people who enjoyed it, I don't care. :)
I felt rather lame at first because I was going to be a stupid fangirl and vote on it because OMG SOMEONE USED PLACEBO, but the video really was lovely. And though I'm a shonen-ai fan, I hadn't yet watched Loveless. When I returned home this year after seeing your vid I watched all the episodes and really enjoyed it. So an all around good job on your video and thanks for convincing me, through it, that the show was worth a shot. :-D

Return to “AMV Contests”