Problem with watching amvs.

GRIM_REAP
Org Profile

Post by GRIM_REAP » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:26 pm

NerdStrudel wrote:If VLC doesn't work, then it's obviously you. VLC can do no wrong, for I worship it in all its glory.
That's sad, whorshipping a program? dude, older computers tend, to need extra attention and some of us, tend not to have to cash or the time to get a new computer.
QUOTE: Andrew Holleran: The demonic paradox of writing: when you put something down that happened, people often don't believe it; whereas, you can make up anything, and people assume it must have happened to you.

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:55 pm

Yah I know what that's like, Besides I was just messin' around. VLC was really my only suggestion, So good luck with... Whatever.

GRIM_REAP
Org Profile

Post by GRIM_REAP » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:07 pm

NerdStrudel wrote:Yah I know what that's like, Besides I was just messin' around. VLC was really my only suggestion, So good luck with... Whatever.
XP, i was joking too, just kinda hard to joke around, when the amvs won't play!
QUOTE: Andrew Holleran: The demonic paradox of writing: when you put something down that happened, people often don't believe it; whereas, you can make up anything, and people assume it must have happened to you.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:26 pm

You... gave system specs and neglected to mention your processor? O.o
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:51 pm

I noticed that often times ffdshow can actually cause problems if it is trying to play a video. I've noticed this on both the audio and video end when it appears.

On the driver part. Goto the websites of the companies your componets came from, such as your video card, sound card, ect. Goto their support section and often Driver Downloads will be there. Check the listed most current driver against the one you currently have running. To check your current driver you need to goto your control panel and open up the device manager. However, I haven't really found a time when the website drivers weren't the most up-to-date, however I have had problems with up-to-date drivers, especially when they are first released, so it is a little hit and miss.
ImageImageImageImage

GRIM_REAP
Org Profile

Post by GRIM_REAP » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:25 pm

ngsilver wrote:I noticed that often times ffdshow can actually cause problems if it is trying to play a video. I've noticed this on both the audio and video end when it appears.

On the driver part. Goto the websites of the companies your componets came from, such as your video card, sound card, ect. Goto their support section and often Driver Downloads will be there. Check the listed most current driver against the one you currently have running. To check your current driver you need to goto your control panel and open up the device manager. However, I haven't really found a time when the website drivers weren't the most up-to-date, however I have had problems with up-to-date drivers, especially when they are first released, so it is a little hit and miss.

o.k., like too much trouble now, but after a few sp1 security updates and following some tips and such, i'ma going try it again... brb

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:27 pm

NerdStrudel wrote:Just get VLC Media player, it's insta-win

It's what all the pros use =O
MPC >>>>>> VLC

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:50 pm

=O... It's on Crack, you will feel my vegence for Going against my God and savior.

GRIM_REAP
Org Profile

Post by GRIM_REAP » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:16 am

NerdStrudel wrote:=O... It's on Crack, you will feel my vegence for Going against my God and savior.
Well, NerdStrudel, your god didn't work -_- and the codec pack is the same, as the others... NOT WORKING! GRAAAAAAGH!

o.k., enough anger... does anyone, have some easier way to upgrade drivers, cause that's my only weak spot on my computer know how xP.... i tried doing manually and i can't find shit -_-

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:07 am

You really need more ram ....

Return to “Hardware Discussion”