Otakon Winners?!?

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:58 pm

Super Search of everything that has this years Otakon listed in participation.

Didn't see the other 2.

Anyway, it was an enjoyable show. Great set-up. And congrats to all the winners. You deserve it. *^_^*
ImageImage

TheLongshot
Org Profile

Post by TheLongshot » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:54 pm

You know, it would be nice if we could get some consistency in the names of cons in the SuperSearch. Right now, it is a mess. I still don't know which con to use to get last Katsucon's videos...

Jason

Katrina
Org Profile

Post by Katrina » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:55 pm

dragontamer5788 wrote:<3 Pride vs the Cows in Comedy.

Actually... anywhere where I can find it online? Most of the AMVs I want to see again, but I'm not finding the ones I really liked. (Pride vs Cows, Sessomeru Champloo, the "poo" one, etc. etc.)
I'm planning on putting up Pride Vs. the Cows this weekend. *Runs off to find the external drive I stuck the thing on*

There's a bunch of videos I want to download as well, but I'm out of hard drive space! *tears*

wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:05 pm

TheLongshot wrote:You know, it would be nice if we could get some consistency in the names of cons in the SuperSearch. Right now, it is a mess. I still don't know which con to use to get last Katsucon's videos...

Jason
Yeah, it took me awhile to try and figure out which Otakon everything was under. I just put 2007 in "Premiered" then started clicking down the line of Otakons in Participation before I found the one that all of this year's stuff was under. The same idea would probably work for the others.

YAY!!! Pride vs Cows!!! *^_^* (eventually :uhoh:)
ImageImage

decoyoctopus87
Org Profile

Post by decoyoctopus87 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:34 am

@ Tobywan
WOW..........that's way too kind. You are dead on about the effects though. I was more concerned with telling a story than with making a piece of eye candy(not that I'm experienced enough in editing or editing software to make good eye candy anyway). Thank you and your nine buddies again though. I was a little disappointed that I didn't even place so it makes me feel better to hear from someone who enjoyed it.
if you don't mind me saying, my friends and I are in agreement there; we were sitting in almost the front row on saturday, in a line: a Samurai Jin, a Phoenix Wright, an Amarao from FLCL (>thats me<), and a few others - we all thorougly enjoyed it. I especially loved it, since I love Akira, and Adema is a pretty sweet band. All in all, the song and the movie compliment each other very well, and I really got a rush watching this video.

The sooner you host this amv the better. I can't wait to watch it again. >_<.
---

Also, from the romantic/sentimental grouping, did anyone else love the Loveless/Space Monkey video: Delirium? I really thought that one stood out in that category personally.

Junipertay
Org Profile

Post by Junipertay » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:41 pm

if you don't mind me saying, my friends and I are in agreement there; we were sitting in almost the front row on saturday, in a line: a Samurai Jin, a Phoenix Wright, an Amarao from FLCL (>thats me<), and a few others - we all thorougly enjoyed it. I especially loved it, since I love Akira, and Adema is a pretty sweet band. All in all, the song and the movie compliment each other very well, and I really got a rush watching this video.
Hear, hear!!! I totally agree. "Acrophobia" is excellent, especially considering it was the first video he ever made.

See, Tobywan?! You're friggin' awesome. That's why I married you. :) :) :)
Also, from the romantic/sentimental grouping, did anyone else love the Loveless/Space Monkey video: Delirium? I really thought that one stood out in that category personally.
YES! I loved that one as well!! It was extremely well done.

~Junipertay

Rinny
Org Profile

Post by Rinny » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:23 am

decoyoctopus87 wrote: Also, from the romantic/sentimental grouping, did anyone else love the Loveless/Space Monkey video: Delirium? I really thought that one stood out in that category personally.
:P ~~~~ Thanks.

downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
Org Profile

Post by downwithpants » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:10 am

grats all

too lazy to read through thread. any drama?
maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>

kiarrens
Hagane no Aikousha
Org Profile

Post by kiarrens » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:05 am

decoyoctopus87 wrote: Also, from the romantic/sentimental grouping, did anyone else love the Loveless/Space Monkey video: Delirium? I really thought that one stood out in that category personally.
x2...
Although my guy friend sitting next to me didn't enjoy it quite as much as I did. :D
I think a lot of guys discounted it simply because it was shonen-ai, which really is a shame, because it was very well edited and had a nice story.
ConnectiCon 2009 - 2013: FMV Contest Coordinator
AnimeBoston 2010 - 2013: Cosplay Chess Coordinator
AnimeBoston 2012/2013: Assistant Masquerade Coordinator

blahcubedbuddy
Org Profile

Post by blahcubedbuddy » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:49 pm

Woohoo, Acrophobia is up! *promptly links a dozen people*

Return to “AMV Contests”