Dragon*Con 2007 AMV Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Nimthiriel
Org Profile

Post by Nimthiriel » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:27 pm

Format Requirements:

If we have to do any editing (converting, etc) to your entry we can’t ensure the quality. In order to ensure your quality please follow the formatting rules. Use a plain label disk for submitting your disk. Label the disk with submission title and group name. We will assign a submission number to each disk so leave room for us to write on your disk. If we don’t have room to put your submission number on your disk we will disqualify you. We suggest you leave either the top half or the bottom half open for us.

1) A 10 second bumper is required for all submissions

2) All submissions should be no less than 2 minutes and 30 seconds and no more than 6 minutes in length.

3) Digital Video Format Requirements:

a) Digital video file formatting requirements:

b) 720x480 Frame Size

c) 23.97 or 24 Frames per Second (Progressive)

d) 29.97 Frames per Second (Interlaced)

e) 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz 16 bit stereo uncompressed PCM audio

f) MPEG-2 bitrate must not exceed 15 Mbps

4) The preferred submission format for the contest is: uncompressed AVI @ 29.97 (or 23.976 w/pulldown) frames per second, with a resolution of 720x480 @ 0.9 pixel aspect ratio including 41,000 Hz 16-bit stereo uncompressed WAV audio.

5) All entries must be in digital format. We will accept either a DVD or Data CD from contestants.

6) Large submissions are acceptable but please try to keep the submissions to one disk each

7) Make sure your video will play on several players before submitting it to us. We will make every effort to play your submission however if we can’t play your video it is disqualified.

8) Use a plain label disk for submitting your disk. Label the disk with submission title and group name. We will assign a submission number to each disk so leave room for us to write on your disk. We suggest you leave either the top half or the bottom half open for us.Entries must adhere to these standards. If your video is selected to be shown, we cannot guarantee the quality of your video, or even guarantee that it will be able to be shown if it does not conform exactly to this format. If for whatever reason you are unable to provide us with the above format, the following are also acceptable provided that they maintain the requested 720x480 resolution and 29.97 (or 23.976 w/pulldown) frame rate; however keep in mind that they are *NOT* preferred.

Video
MPEG1 & MPEG2 (.mpeg.mpg.m2v,etc.)
Divx (.avi)
Xvid (.avi)
Audio
Dolby AC3 (.ac3)
MPEG Audio (.mp3.mp2,etc.)
We will reject any submission that comes in as a WMV, RM (Real Player), OGG, MOV (Quicktime) or using any video codec not listed above. We will also reject DVD format. We will be putting your submission into a play list and we will not take the time to convert your files to .avi or .mpg. If we have to do any editing to your entry we can’t ensure the quality.

In order to ensure your quality please follow the formatting rules.

I'm sorry the MPEG formats are acceptable. Apparently I was smoking crack the other day when I posted. :)

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:35 am

Nimthiriel wrote:
1) A 10 second bumper is required for all submissions
does that mean 10 seconds of black or like a studio/creator bumper?

also is this required only at the beginning or at the end?

not trying to be a pain, just trying to help things.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:46 pm

Meh. I might enter. I too want to know about the 10 sec bumper though. :shock:

Nimthiriel
Org Profile

Post by Nimthiriel » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:20 pm

Well if I had my way the credits would be in the bumber however last year I had a lot of complaints about creators not thinking that was a good idea. If you guys want to put in your own credits in the future I can allow it for next year. I'm letting them slip by for now because I want to increase participation. I'm not going to create them for now so I will be announcing them like I did last year because I enjoy getting up there and making a fool of myself. :lol:

Anyway, the bumper is suppose to be at the beginning and the end so I have time to announce the amvs. If they aren't there I won't have time but I'll just work with it either way. I'm pretty flexible unless I'm completely taken advantage of. Once the contest gets a strong foothold I'll become more strict with the rules because I'll have to narrow down the number of amvs we will play during the time allotment.

I hope this helps.

Nimthiriel
Org Profile

Post by Nimthiriel » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:10 pm

Two more weeks til the end of the contest.

Thanks for all the entries you guys!

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:05 am

*entering tomorrow*

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:32 am

Im accually gunna start a new video to enter in here... wish me luck

Nimthiriel
Org Profile

Post by Nimthiriel » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:24 pm

THANKS GUYS!!! It is creators like you who make it all worth while.

BTW....I finished the anime room play list.

OH and I have the infor regarding the room situation for the amv contest. The good news is we have three of the Hanover rooms....the bad news is ....... it is at 11:30 at night which means my attempts at jokes are going to be really really bad. :lol:

I'm hoping that as we continue to gain support from creators we will get a better time slot.

Nim

Nimthiriel
Org Profile

Post by Nimthiriel » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:22 am

Last day everyone! :lol:

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:42 am

Somebody I knew Was gonna enter a video into this thing, But she's been so distraught by a past con where a group of people were laughing at her video -_-, I've tried talking sense into her and stuff.. But yah, Also On the side I was gonna enter when I heard about it.. But it was WAY to late of notice, Maybe next year.

Return to “AMV Contests”