So, who's read the new Harry Potter book yey?

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:35 pm

On a related note... now i'll find out who reads my journal when i post to it. XD
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:51 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:I kinda want to make a big poster with all the deaths and page numbers for the big release parties in Boston.
Strike that... Jus tremembered AC Moore sells t-shirts for like $3 and stacks of iron-on transfers for $5 - time to get crafty.
| | |

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:30 am

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:I kinda want to make a big poster with all the deaths and page numbers for the big release parties in Boston.
Strike that... Jus tremembered AC Moore sells t-shirts for like $3 and stacks of iron-on transfers for $5 - time to get crafty.
I saw a place that was selling t-shirts like that from the last book. Something like "*blank* dies on page *blank*, I just saved you $25"
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:36 am

requiett wrote:Those books suck more successive hairy ass with each passing chapter. I should know, having read up to halfway through the 3rd book.

Read Ender's Game for great justice.
:O

Wow. We actually have something we could talk about :o

Been an Ender's Game fan since back in the day.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:44 am

Ileia wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:
I saw a place that was selling t-shirts like that from the last book. Something like "*blank* dies on page *blank*, I just saved you $25"
Yea, going to have to work on font size or something... the list of dead is kinda long... =/
| | |

requiett
Org Profile

Post by requiett » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:40 am

AtomX wrote:
requiett wrote:Those books suck more successive hairy ass with each passing chapter. I should know, having read up to halfway through the 3rd book.

Not like those books haven't gone WAY downhill either. I have to admit though, Ender's Shadow was a perfect counterpart to the original book, and nearly as good. I just wish Card wouldn't drag his great ideas out too far.

Tono_Fyr
Org Profile

Post by Tono_Fyr » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:44 am

requiett wrote:
AtomX wrote:

Not like those books haven't gone WAY downhill either. I have to admit though, Ender's Shadow was a perfect counterpart to the original book, and nearly as good. I just wish Card wouldn't drag his great ideas out too far.
Admittedly, the rest of the series wasn't as good as the first, but it was still good reading, far as I'm concerned. At least he quit not too long after Ender died.

I'll read the seventh Harry Potter book only because I've read the other six, and I'm ready to be fucking done with it. I've been reading these books for the past 8 years.

Ah well. Either way, I won't get around to the new Harry Potter book until I've at least finished the fourth Dark Tower book. Stephen King's masterwork For Great Justice and The Win.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:11 am

I only read classic literature these days :roll:

(on a more serious note, I know for a fact that one day someone will probably make me read Harry Potter books, and for that matter my brother will make me read Ender's Game and other Card books, and fucking everyone will make me read King's books (because apparently I'm always the only one who still hasn't), but eh... I'm in no rush. I'm far more partial to Dostoyevski, Bulgakov and Tolstoy these days than I am to anything particularly modern).

I did see a couple of the HP movies and I thought they were fun enough but really not anything that indicated some sort of good literature behind them. Am I wrong and are the books better than that?

/end somewhat unintentionally snobbish post
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:14 pm

Otohiko wrote:fucking everyone will make me read King's books (because apparently I'm always the only one who still hasn't)
King who?
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

SilversLightning
Resident Yaoi Fangirl
Org Profile

Post by SilversLightning » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:09 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:mmmm Snarry
hawt shit :O

Return to “General Discussion”