Portal effect???

xlostxnekox
Org Profile

Portal effect???

Post by xlostxnekox » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:25 pm

Sorry if there is already a topic on this stuff....>< I'm not very good at explaining things like this. I'm also very sorry if there was already a topic about this and I didn't read it....><

I have adobe premier 3.0 and Photoshop CS. So if you could explain to me ((if what I want is even possible)) How to do it. thank you.
Yastava...Tomodachi...Comrade...Ma Copaine...Friend...on a quest to learn as many ways to say friend.

Next project:
Unbreakable - 5% complete

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:11 pm

Can you give an example of what the effect looks like?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:07 am

Sony Vegas has a transition style called "Portals". It involves breaking the first clip into randomly sized rectangles with border lines, then reconstructing the second clip similarly in reverse. Each rectangle is animated for opacity. A kind of complex, Mondrian-like effect.

requiett
Org Profile

Post by requiett » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:12 am

ZOMG PORTALZ!

xlostxnekox
Org Profile

Post by xlostxnekox » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:10 pm

Scintilla wrote:Can you give an example of what the effect looks like?
I thought I did.... :?: Maybe I didn't, but its like everything is coming to a point. Like you have the video in the center and then as you zoom in on the pocket watch the video becomes clearer and clearer until the end where it seems like your inside the the watch.

its something like this, Click

but I don't want to use 3-d effects as I don't know how use them. But anyway. Thats what it looks like kinda. and I know that I terrible at explaining this but I hope that you understood it for the most part.
Yastava...Tomodachi...Comrade...Ma Copaine...Friend...on a quest to learn as many ways to say friend.

Next project:

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:39 pm

Puh... I don´t think that I know how to create such complex stuff, but I was able to simulate one with Particle Illusions 3.

All you need was a picture like this one (it´s out of the Hellsing series):

After the typic PI stuff (setting parameters, custom particle form blah blah) it came pretty close to the original clip of the hellsing series. It was a static portal (no camera motion), but oh well... it was a portal!

Uhm... If your picture is a screenshot of a video. You could use it... Just a few effects and fine =P

If you have Particle Illusions 3, I could give you my "portal-default-presets-whatever" thing for your programs libary.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

xlostxnekox
Org Profile

Post by xlostxnekox » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:05 pm

Sorry but I don't think I own that. I only have adobe. but thanks though. I guess I'll have to experiment on my own.

Next project:

Metro
Org Profile

Post by Metro » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:38 am

Return to “Effects & Techniques”