*tutorial* How to get the sound working from KH2 fmv's

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
MaggIvy
Org Profile

Post by MaggIvy » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:02 pm

Ok so I tried them at different resolutions and took some screenshots so we can compare, I used your rip sayde as a 352 example if its ok.

But here they are:

640 by 480
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/M ... 217151.png

640 by 400
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/M ... 215237.png

640 by 352
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/M ... 216586.png

Out of all tries, 640 by 400 appears to be the most balanced. Its not too wide, its not to fat...352 also looks great.

So yep, these are my results.

MaggIvy
Org Profile

Post by MaggIvy » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:06 pm

sayde wrote: One more thing. Setting the AR flag to 16:9 *might* help. I don't know if you can do this with other codecs, but I know you can configure xvid to get the job done.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I tried this and it didn't work to well, it stretched it out to much. Square pixels worked best for some reason.

sayde
Org Profile

Post by sayde » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:45 pm

I can't believe you have the first encode I ever made of that fmv. *is embarrassed*

Well anyways, I'm glad to see that 640 x 400 resolution I suggested earlier looks the most appropriate.

shirohamada
Org Profile

Post by shirohamada » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:37 am

ahh, atrac3 >_<.
i tried to rip generation of c.e, but audio, all i get is dat file. this may be the trick i'm looking for thx
<a href="http://shirohamada.blogspot.com/">yet another anime blog -_-'
</a>

sayde
Org Profile

Post by sayde » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:49 am

nice to see this method can be applied to more than just one game.

MaggIvy
Org Profile

Now, back on topic...

Post by MaggIvy » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:20 am

Well thought I'd update...but anyway, I tried this method of getting the audio from the hex editing program and it worked wonders. Thanks Sayde, but there is a slight problem...(I'm doing this with the Final Mix of KH2)...I've tried both ways of getting the audio to sync and it only works well in the beginning. But after a while it slowly begins to lose its synch with the video and by the very end it doesn't match at all. I've had this problem before with my dvd recordings but never direct like this. Very strange. :roll:

sayde
Org Profile

Post by sayde » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:33 pm

MaggIvy wrote:I've tried both ways of getting the audio to sync and it only works well in the beginning. But after a while it slowly begins to lose its synch with the video and by the very end it doesn't match at all. I've had this problem before with my dvd recordings but never direct like this. Very strange. :roll:
Well, if Roxllens method isn't working for you, then all I can tell you is to just keep doing my trial and error method of cutting off the access audio at various different places (after the song is over) and setting the speed/duration of the audio back to the exact time of the m2v. Trust me, after reading about the synchronization errors you keep getting, I'm 100% positive this is how you can fix the problem. It's just a pain in the ass to tweak to perfection. From how things seem to be going for you, chances are, you'll only need to adjust the spot where you keep trimming off the extra audio, by a few fractions of a second--more or less. So just keep playing around with it.

Anyways, good luck. I'm sorry I can't really help you out much more than this.

MaggIvy
Org Profile

Post by MaggIvy » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:47 am

Its alright, I got lazy and used a recording I took with my DVD recorder instead and took the audio from that lol.

I managed to get it to work with every clip but the beginning one...in terms of winhex.

Corallion
Org Profile

Post by Corallion » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:38 am

I can't seem to get it to work.

I followed the guide step by step, used winhex and downloaded atrac3, but all the players i try to use keeps saying it's an unsupported format. I downloaded the atrac3 codec from a different site cause the link provided doesn't work. Could that be the problem?

sayde
Org Profile

Post by sayde » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:02 pm

I don't know if the problem is with your codec. Though if you want to play it safe, I guess you can try downloading the one from this link.

http://www.free-codecs.com/Sony_ATRAC3_ ... wnload.htm

And as obvious as this next bit of info may be, make sure to install codec after you download it.

Other than that, I think I might know the problem providing you followed my instructions exactly. After you've pasted the hex data of the KH audio file your working with into you're original project (this is the 4th part of step 5) make sure ALL of the data within your original project is highlighted in blue before pressing ctrl+shift+n to save it.

You can do this by scrolling to the very first hex character at the very top of the project, left-clicking it once, and then pressing alt+1.

Then scroll to the very last hex character at the very bottom of your project, left click on it once, and press alt+2. Now you can press ctrl+shift+n to save it.

Looking back on my previous directions, I seemed to have forgotten to post this step.

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”