Finally A Kingdom Hearts Extractor

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
avdcptr
Org Profile

Post by avdcptr » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:33 pm

could you tell me what you're looking for (key wise) or what pattern your finding, because i've done some hex editing myself and i could find some on my own.

ffxdean
Org Profile

Post by ffxdean » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:23 am

Hey Deanaugust1. will you be able to send me the results that you gained from the game? I also have the PAL Version of the game and just want to compare your results with my own which i found. Im found a different way to extract the FMVs off the game (as hex editing takes a while). I'll make a new thread

Yamatospirit
Org Profile

Post by Yamatospirit » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:23 am

Hello deanaugust1,
Can we have some news about your KH extractor?

starseekergem
Org Profile

Post by starseekergem » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:00 pm

Any progress?
I provide unattributable press briefings, You leak, He is being prosecuted under the Official Secrets Act.
I am an original thinker, You are eccentric, He is loony.

RIPmyprsoul
Org Profile

Post by RIPmyprsoul » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:15 pm

Umm.....actually, I have an idea...since the first Kingdom Hearts was licensed...or had something to do with Disney, why not check some other games that are related to Disney, like....ummm the Disney movie games? (Ratatouille, etc.) And I think the reason Kingdom Hearts 2 is rippable is because it's licensed by Buena Vista Games?

ffxdean
Org Profile

Post by ffxdean » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:58 pm

since the first Kingdom Hearts was licensed...or had something to do with Disney, why not check some other games that are related to Disney

good try ;) but I dont think so, Kingdom Hearts is Huffman Compressed same as final Fantasy X. The other Disney PS2 games are just zipped in a normal PSS file.[/code]

RIPmyprsoul
Org Profile

Post by RIPmyprsoul » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:07 pm

ffxdean wrote:
since the first Kingdom Hearts was licensed...or had something to do with Disney, why not check some other games that are related to Disney

good try ;) but I dont think so, Kingdom Hearts is Huffman Compressed same as final Fantasy X. The other Disney PS2 games are just zipped in a normal PSS file.[/code]
And how do you know that? Have you ripped FMV Cutscenes from Kingdom Hearts yet? If so, can you tell me the offsets/hex that you found?

sayde
Org Profile

Post by sayde » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:29 pm

actually he has...sort of. He just recently released a beta version of a KH fmv extractor. I bolded the word "beta" for a reason though. It can only extract the first 10 seconds of the intro from the PAL version of the game. So it's still very much a work currently in progress.

It's unfortunate, but ffxdean seems rather tight-lipped w/ regards to providing instructions on how he's doing all this. I've tried getting the guy's help on the forum where he released this extractor, but he still hasn't replied.

So ffxdean, if you see this message, please do us a favor and impart your wisdom upon us. How exactly are you making an extractor for this game. More specifically, how are you able to decrypt these fmv's? Because extracting the intro from an iso of the game is rather easy. It's making it watchable that's a pain.

sayde
Org Profile

Post by sayde » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:37 pm

And here are the offsets for the intro to KH1.

56917800 to 64020000.

I'm not sure if this is these are the exact offsets since I don't think this was taken from the US version. But you can still use the header for a KH fmv to find the precise location. I think it's:

010000000100000080027001AF120000

You can go ahead and extract the intro using a hex editor if you want. But I'm almost positive you won't be able to do much with it once it's extracted. (At least not without some help)

ffxdean
Org Profile

Post by ffxdean » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:13 am

Im currently doing one for the Final Mix version beacuse thanks to MaggIvy i was able to find out the exact information i need to modify the extractor,

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”