Pet Names? Pet Peeves?

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Pet Names? Pet Peeves?

Post by CodeZTM » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:16 pm

Well, I think that everybody has a pet peeve as well as a pet name. Or at least I feel that everybody does, so I don't feel that I'm crazy.

Anyway, I'm called "Zacky" to any and all females in my school. I have no clue why, but apparently they heard my best friend (also a female) call me that, and it stuck.

To my closest friends, I'm known as fuzzball, which applies to the fact that during class, I was required to give a noun eight letters long and that applies to household cleaning. So, I spouted it, and people apparently found it amusing.

As for pet peeves, I cannot stand being intterupted vocally. That drives me to the point wher I just want to scream and hit somebody. I mean, literally.

Oh, and I cannot stand it when people repeat themselves. I mean, when somebody says something over and over again, it drives me up the wall.

Meh. Your turn.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:09 pm

I'll start with "pet names" and maybe post pet peeves later

pet names / nicknames...

a few people who get the reference to my screen name call me "Old Man" I hadnt heard it in ages till Kionon brought it up O.o... Most people just butcher the spelling of my screen name, but it doesn't bother me as I understand its not exactly the most "common" of sns... a lot of people shorten it to Dax which is fine as well

I have a friend J who calls me Jaddy... I've had a few people call me Jazzy O.o

my nick name IRL however is Katie (as its not my legal name) - however I don't respond to my legal name... its rarely shortened and I think the last time it was "shortened" even more was when I was in 7th grade and a kid in my apartment complex called me kaykay O.o.

I'm Aunt Katie to all of my nieces and nephews... my stepmom makes them call me that even though I'm fine with them calling me just "Katie" :/ I think it should be my choice on what they call me, not hers, but she's kinda demanding O.o

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:44 pm

Pet names are one of my pet peeves. Although I've gotten used to go-dicks and old man. Not because I like them mind you, but because as soon as they started I knew there was no chance of them going away.

Inaaca
Org Profile

Post by Inaaca » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:50 pm

My circle of friends just likes to put spins on my name, like "Captain Sean," "The Seanster," "Seaninator," etc. etc, you get the idea.

Specifically with Captain Sean though I believe also comes from the fact that my full name is Sean Patrick Stewart, so people think of Patrick Stewart, the actor who played Jean-Luc Picard, the captain of the Enterprise in Star Trek. And thus, Captain Sean.

As far as pet peeves, my primary one is having to repeat myself three or more times. Ticks me off pretty fast. A couple others would be getting interrupted when I'm clearly talking, or someone repeating something to me when I got it the first time. Yep..

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:21 am

I get "J" and "JC" a lot and "Bashar" occasionally.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:46 am

screen name wise, I'll occasionally get a wurp, but its simple enough it doesn't need to be shortened. My real name is Camillia, so I get butcherizations like Camille and Camilla a lot, as well as Cammi and C for those that don't even want to try to fully pronounce it. My family calls me Lea, Rafe will call me LiLi. And in Basic Training, I was known as Craft. (Because with short hair, I bear a resemblance to Fairuza Baulk in 'The Craft'.)

Pet Peeves, well, once I get a system down, like at work or something, I hate it when people mess up my system. I can be very anal about graphics and visual arts. I don't like being blatantly ignored. And people who do stupid stuff when its 10x easier to do it the correct way.
ImageImage

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:05 am

I don't own any pets right now but my mom does. I used to have a sheltie named bandit, good dog.

I don't really have any brutally enforced pet peeves... But i developed 2 or just realized them more so thanks to this forum. I get really annoyed by arrogance and elitists. I guess thats why I don't get involved much or post often.

I've always just been called by my name since its short and easily pronounced.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Shazzy
Org Profile

Post by Shazzy » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:15 am

Pet names: don't have any.

Pet peeves, complete with non-politically correct generalizations:

- Ditzy girls and everything that goes along with them.
- Constant lolz, :) :) :) :) :), and other forms of ditziness invading the internet.
- Lazy people.
- Welfare.
- People who insist on delivering monologues in everyday conversations sans interruptions (sorry, Chrono!).
- America when it sucks.
- America haters from countries who suck more.
- "Asian fever" on college campuses, e.g. the belief that a subpar-looking Asian girl is the hottest thing since sliced bread because...uh...because she reminds you of hentai, or something.
- Guys who exclusively date foreign girls because they'll laugh at all your jokes and boost your ego forever, you sexy white male, you.
- Morning people who think waking you up at 6 AM on a Saturday is doing you a favor.
- Girls who complain about being fat when they're not.
- Girls who complain about being fat when they are.
- Cartoon Network for perpetuating Inuyasha/DBZ/Naruto fans.
AMV guides for Mac users
DOWNLOAD THIS AMV
Quarter-life crisis: a sense that everyone is, somehow, doing better than you.

Ayanefan
Org Profile

Post by Ayanefan » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:30 am

Ahhhh, yes....

I used to get:

Jack the Rabbit

Then I graduated to
Freak, Jack and Crunchy.

With those nicks I'm amazed I'm married with kids.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:18 pm

As Russian has a wonderfully complicated system of affective suffixation and other wacky name-messing, there were at least 20 different derivations of my name (Georgiy) floating around.

My parents call me "Gosha". My brother mostly calls me "Goha". A popular nickname at school for me was "Gashish", "Goshan" or even "Gohan" (though I assure you, in no way related to DBZ characters or rice). :roll:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Return to “General Discussion”