Souls of the Night

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
omegaevolution
Org Profile

Souls of the Night

Post by omegaevolution » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:23 pm

*Thanks to my sis Karin for the poster (you will see that she played a lot with the colors in our studio name :roll: )

ok my 12th AMV, I really had a difficult time with this one, didn't had that much time thanks to college and the .mp4 encoding was a pain (thanks to kev for helping me on that =D), anyway the anime is Naruto O:

I think I said everything with that XD, for more info and special thanks go and read the description page on the profile lol

I hope you enjoy it ^^

PS: this AMV was not supposed to be/is not original in any way :roll:
ImageImage

Shinodude
emodude
Org Profile

Post by Shinodude » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:26 pm

great job on this one omega

:D

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:39 pm

Already seen it yay! xD

*gets mp4 version* O:

EDIT:/

Bla bla, overused Stuff..you know XD

But Your Unique and awesome editing made me forget about the overused sources ;)

But Like I said before..seems a little OVER-tweaked :lol:

Overall great Video, one of teh best naruto vids I've seen :up: 5/5
Last edited by Kevmaster on Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:40 pm

Bout' time you came up with something new.

kikai_saigono
Org Profile

Post by kikai_saigono » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:52 pm

hm....I'ma get :o

/dling...

EDIT: ooooooo
coolz :)
4/5
Last edited by kikai_saigono on Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Youtuber wrote:What is an MEP exactly? I looked it up but I don't think it has anything to do with being a Member of the European Parliament.

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:17 pm

And as I thought: End the end it looked like average.

Hooray! Disturbed sounds again like at every other song (I know why I´ll never buy a record from them) and yes your amv looks so often like every other Naruto amv out there. I don´t want to be mean, but I don´t see a reason why I should lie to a friend.
The intro: It opened so awesome, but turned out so... well I think the best word is "whatever". My core question is: What can give your amv to me, what all the other better Naruto amvs don´t? Is it an awesome story? No... it´s the same overview of 2 characters I saw so often. Is it the style? Well At a few times: yes. I mean the intro + the play with the words and style there, but the rest? No!
Things distract me like sometimes really horrible or should I say ugly collour mixes. You often played witht he contrast in a bad way. 00:35 omfg look at this ugly colour mix. 01:46 YUK 01:31 Please... don´t give me these beat-flash syncs.
02:52 In my eyes you break the style in this amv quite often. Like here you are useing dots for no reason and that´s the only part where the dots are =/
03:03 Be more strict. You make flaplip mistakes in the amv like at the rotoscoping scene. That´s a no!
03:10 You miss to sync to the riffs.

etc. I´m very tired today so I keep it short.

Positive:
I like the way you changed the scenes like at 01:43. It´s a nice technique.
Intro.
~02:32 long live the Media Generator in Vegas, huh? It´s definatly the best part of the whole amv that finally gives it a characteristica. It makes it different.
It´s an improve for you but it´s like a child on a shaky chair that trys to steal from the citchen´s cookie jar. Well the child gets the cookie, but in a really ambiguous way.

To summarize for the lazy readers:
I´m not sure... I would like to give this a 3.5. Well there is only 3 or 4 for the star rating so I wait for the decision.

Edit:
Please don´t use (self made) wallpapers when they don´t reflect the visual aspect in a video. It´s just irratating and annoying for some viewers.

Audience in my eyes for this amv:
Action fans, Naruto fans that don´t expect too much or revolutionary.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

[Mugen]
Org Profile

Post by [Mugen] » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:11 pm

awesome song, ...editing was good but kinda normal, hmm yeah i very liked the part from 00:39 til 01:15 and 03:03 til 03:13

4/5 good job :up:

omegaevolution
Org Profile

Post by omegaevolution » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:03 pm

shinodude wrote:great job on this one omega

:D
thanks banana man :D
Kevmasterflashdeluxe wrote:Already seen it yay! xD

*gets mp4 version* O:

EDIT:/

Bla bla, overused Stuff..you know XD

But Your Unique and awesome editing made me forget about the overused sources ;)

But Like I said before..seems a little OVER-tweaked :lol:

Overall great Video, one of teh best naruto vids I've seen :up: 5/5
thanks Kev :D , glad you liked it and yes I thought that in some parts the tweak went too far :/
code_chrono wrote:Bout' time you came up with something new.
indeed :roll: , hope you enjoy it btw (if you download it)
kikai_saigono wrote:hm....I'ma get :o

/dling...
hope you enjoy it too O:

oh Bauzi.... I will have to break your comment >.>
Bauzi wrote:And as I thought: End the end it looked like average.
I never said I wanted to blow asses when I sent the betas O:, but agreed.
Bauzi wrote:comments of no originality in the AMV
again, I said in both betas that I wasn't going for originality AND I said it in my PS of my post O:, so you are telling me what I already know, but apreciated nonetheless.
Bauzi wrote:comments about color changes, contrast, etc
well I agree on the one in 01:31 I could have done something better there, the rest is just things about taste, what I think are pretty combinations for you (or anyone) could be just horrible ones, in this one my friend is taste, same as music choice and stuff, though I have one question, what is wrong with the color in 00:35? o.o, there are a lot of scenes there to know which one you meant.
The lip flap was on porpuse, no it wasn't lip synch I will give you that.
And yes I love what my editing program has to offer and I don't feel the need to make those media generators myself cause they are available to use in the program, sorry for not taking the hard way of editing :(
Bauzi wrote:Edit:
Please don´t use (self made) wallpapers when they don´t reflect the visual aspect in a video. It´s just irratating and annoying for some viewers.
ok in this one you just pissed me off :? , FIRST, read the part above in the poster, it was made by my sister and I told her to make it as how she saw it, so I can't tolerate people that insult what my sister did with her heart for me, you hear me? :/
Mugen2004 wrote:awesome song, ...editing was good but kinda normal, hmm yeah i very liked the part from 00:39 til 01:15 and 03:03 til 03:13

4/5 good job :up:
thanks, glad you enjoyed it. You just described how my editing style is in a lot of my AMVs, Mugen :D
ImageImage

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:07 pm

Ok, yes, It's been done. But, still, I enjoyed it tremendously. Nice sync, strong visual quality, all around narutogoodness. 4/5

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:11 pm

Not bad, 3.8/5

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”