3D Perspective in vegas : Fine Tuning HELL!

taifunbrowser
Org Profile

3D Perspective in vegas : Fine Tuning HELL!

Post by taifunbrowser » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:33 pm

wow. I really thought that if I just played around with the numbers for enough time, I could get these two clips to match up:

I swear I've been trying to get that to look right for > 1 hr now. I'm gonna move on to other parts of my amv O.O

Has anyone ever used this feature here? Any advice is welcome, until then I guess practice makes perfect....

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:04 pm

try using more keyframes... match it frame by frame?

taifunbrowser
Org Profile

asdf

Post by taifunbrowser » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:37 pm

nonononono I can't even get one frame right :sob:

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:42 pm

ive never messed with the 3d settings, but perhaps if you cut out the shape of, whats that a monitor? and put the 3d altered image on a line below the monitor it would look right?

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:44 pm

Yeah, the 3D tracking in Vegas sucks ass, because it can only be applied to a full track, instead of (what would be more logical) individual clips, making it impossible to attain any kind of accuracy with it.

For 3D tracking, AE>>>>Vegas.

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:47 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:ive never messed with the 3d settings, but perhaps if you cut out the shape of, whats that a monitor? and put the 3d altered image on a line below the monitor it would look right?
Or, for the live action (that is live action, right?), I suggest taking a screenshot of your desktop with the media player showing a solid, vivid color, like red or green, and then importing that into Vegas and applying a chroma key to key out that color. Then put the 3D track behind the screenshot and you can line it up without having to be exactly accurate.

taifunbrowser
Org Profile

Post by taifunbrowser » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:07 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:ive never messed with the 3d settings, but perhaps if you cut out the shape of, whats that a monitor? and put the 3d altered image on a line below the monitor it would look right?
Did this, works fine. kthx.

*its not live action lol*

well, I mean... live action means "shot by camera" right? that's definately anime O.o

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:36 pm

taifunbrowser wrote:
Did this, works fine. kthx.

*its not live action lol*

well, I mean... live action means "shot by camera" right? that's definately anime O.o
Well, it looks like the scene you're trying to overlay onto is a screenshot of your desktop or something o_O

taifunbrowser
Org Profile

asdf

Post by taifunbrowser » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:46 pm

realistic anime then.

but - I propose someone write a web-applet utility that, given 4 points and the dimension of the rectangular clip to perspectivize, calculates the values you could plug into vegas.

I.E. your clip is 720x480 and you want it to take up the space of: (5,5), (105,25),(110,225),(10,225) 's bounding quadrilateral? The xrrotation, yrotation, and zrotation could be calculated to have it fit that shape.

gogo coders! (I'd make it but I don't know what the numbers in vegas mean :X)

Kristyrat
Time-traveling penguin
Org Profile

Post by Kristyrat » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:43 pm

There's a plugin for After Effects that does that automatically, motion tracking and all. Actually, there's quite a few, if you look around, the one that comes to mind was a Sapphire plugin I think (I may be wrong).

As for Vegas, since it seems to be so sadly forgotten in the realm of plugins, there's not much out there, and the most accurate way would be to do as JaddziaDax explained, and combine masking with 3D tracking to get the desired effect.

(Good thing Vegas has infinate video tracks, so if need be, you can do it frame-by-frame, it's just a little awkward)

[Kristyrat]

Return to “Video Editing Software”