Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:59 pm

Kitsuner wrote:
Ileia wrote:
wurpess wrote:Doki Doki School Hours.

I generally like school comedies. Which it was on that premise I decided to get that one. (Was going to buy it in the Geneon/RightStuf sale, but they didn't have 2 disks of it, so I bought the box set on Overstock.) I'm not done watching it yet, but I already wish I didn't buy it. Even if it was cheaper than everywhere else. :? I'm going to decide the fate of it when I'm done watching it.
That one's misleading, because usually anything with "doki doki" on it is win.
Funny story about that; a few years ago at SacAnime, I bought Doki Doki School Hours because I thought that was where dokidoki got his username. Image
lol. Yeah, I had actually gotten it because I generally like school comedies and I thought it looked cute. Then I started watching it, and it was like a less amusing Azumanga with the stereotype jokes way too predicatable, overused and drawn out. :? Still haven't watched the last disk. Might get to it eventually. :P
ImageImage

Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Org Profile

Post by Krisqo » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:57 pm

For me it would be Sister Princess. I saw it first at an ADV panel at NekoCon 7 and eventually got the first disk... that was two years ago and lets just say... I don't have any others :x

SilversLightning
Resident Yaoi Fangirl
Org Profile

Post by SilversLightning » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:17 pm

dokidoki wrote:
Ileia wrote:That one's misleading, because usually anything with "doki doki" on it is win.
Everyone's taking the name. :evil:
(though Doki Doki Panic came before)
Kitsuner wrote:Funny story about that; a few years ago at SacAnime, I bought Doki Doki School Hours because I thought that was where dokidoki got his username. Image
It's just onomatopoeia. I used the name long before that existed. Image
Yeah I was half tempted to check out Doki Doki School Hours because of dokidoki *whistles innocently* but if Camillia disapproves then I'll have to pass. :?

I didn't actually 'buy' this one but rather received it as a X-mas gift: Yu-Gi-Oh! the Movie on VHS. I regretted owning it ever since I popped it in the VCR (it also broke the VCR btw.) What's even sadder is that I can guess where they got the movie from: The Dollar Store. Because I saw that on the shelf there in the Dollar Store but it didn't really appeal to me, but I think this person is a cheap bastard :cry:

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:24 pm

I bought the YGO movie as well. Luckily it was only about $8 from Blockbuster's used shelf.
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:42 pm

DivineQueenYeiweh wrote:
dokidoki wrote:
Ileia wrote:That one's misleading, because usually anything with "doki doki" on it is win.
Everyone's taking the name. :evil:
(though Doki Doki Panic came before)
Kitsuner wrote:Funny story about that; a few years ago at SacAnime, I bought Doki Doki School Hours because I thought that was where dokidoki got his username. Image
Yeah I was half tempted to check out Doki Doki School Hours because of dokidoki *whistles innocently* but if Camillia disapproves then I'll have to pass. :?
lol. Am I the only one whose main reason for wanting to watch it isn't doki? But yeah, Yeiweh, you are NOT missing anything. :? If you HAVE to watch it, borrow it from someone.
ImageImage

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:54 pm

Not a series or anything, but these ended up costing me around $300 because I needed one to be toric and the shipping and eye exam were expensive too.

I don't even know where they are now, they're the wrong perscription, and one always seemed to droop and give me problems.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:18 pm

dokidoki wrote:
Funny how that tends to come about. I used to call my brother "dokiboki" when we were little. Nooo idea how I came up with that, but it stuck because I thought it sounded cute. :P AFAIK it doesn't mean anything.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:01 pm

sound of a heartbeat?

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:36 am

JaddziaDax wrote:i find im most irritable when i buy a series i want/like only to find out that a couple months later they decide to release the boxed set... and i got all the individual dvds :/
I've done that with Negima!, unfortunetly. Now I regret that I just couldn't wait. Stupid movie rental store here has an uncomplete series, I couldn't just rent it.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:11 am

Though I didn't buy it (I got it as a prize from an AMV contest), I'm in possession of the Yumeria box set. I've taken to calling it "Bad Harem on Elm Street" - it's one of the most god-afwul pieces of crap i've ever watched (and i've sat through stuff like Cosprayers and it's 2 off-shoot series and live-action La Blue Girl). The intro sequence looks like a 5 year old just discovered WMM and youtube (the character animation for the intro is so poor they look like Downs patients), their attempt at a harem includes 2 lolis (one of which has a 2 sylable vocabulary), 2 of the guy's cousins (both of which seem to really want him), and the one girl he's actually interested in. I guess Angel Sanctuary and Please Twins should have tipped me off to the fact that the Japanese think incest is hot, but all i can do is lol when that sublte bit of the plot is actually the most interesting thing the series has going for it. This series has everything - plot lines that go nowhere, angsty drama out of nowhere, conflict and conflict-resolution that does not even attempt to make sence. Chalk one up for liscensors jumping at everything that comes their way.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “General Discussion”