I Need Help With Current Problem

Zwill
Org Profile

I Need Help With Current Problem

Post by Zwill » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:03 pm

I am using Avs Video Editor and need help on fading clips in and out. I mean in some way "overlapping" for example, one clips goes then in the background but faint there is other clips that you can see kind of like a day dream.

Any ideas is helpful.

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:19 pm

... which avs editor ?? ... there's not many of them left anymore !

Rapture**
Org Profile

Re: I Need Help With Current Problem

Post by Rapture** » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:17 am

Zwill wrote:I am using Avs Video Editor and need help on fading clips in and out. I mean in some way "overlapping" for example, one clips goes then in the background but faint there is other clips that you can see kind of like a day dream.

Any ideas is helpful.
I know my words may be unreasonable,and the favor I will ask may sound impossible.. BUT - could you show at least a schreenshot?
:D I like laughter ;DD
ImageImage

Zwill
Org Profile

Post by Zwill » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:41 am

post-it wrote:... which avs editor ?? ... there's not many of them left anymore !
http://www.avsmedia.com/VideoEditor/ind ... YAodHUGKmw
I know my words may be unreasonable,and the favor I will ask may sound impossible.. BUT - could you show at least a schreenshot?
You mean a example of my fade or the video?

Rapture**
Org Profile

Post by Rapture** » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:38 am

I mean like screenshot of preview window in your avseditor.
:D I like laughter ;DD
ImageImage

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:58 pm

.. the trick to "fading" with a single-line editor is to remember that there IS a duration period for the fading of the two clips; therefor, it is wise to pre-trim your clips before you fade them together 8-)
now THIS type of fading will BOTH back-track the left clip while ALSO forward-tracking the right clip. The Duration Time will only show where the fading will begin and end ... no; it will not show you the fading itself until it is encoded :(
pre-trimming is the key to getting a good fade from this editor 8-)

Does that help ??? 8-)

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:40 pm

... no, I didn't forget what you were asking about ... something like THIS:

It can't be done with that editor -- I've tried and tried but it won't HOLD the image at Levels ...

sorry about the delay in responding .. I just had to make sure it could do it. it can't!

Zwill
Org Profile

Post by Zwill » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:02 pm

Could you convert it from one to the other to fix that or would you just use one program.

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:52 pm

.. in your case, with that editor, having another editing program for what you are trying to do would be a must. Trying to fade across multi sections of Video's and Images, for some reason, didn't turn-out like I was hoping it would.

.. "you need a twin/dual line editor" to hold the first Video/Image at a 30% level and not use anything transition(s) for the second Video/Image at 70% level for the duration of the Dream section. Now you can add THAT dream section to your AMV and no one would ever know how you did it.

.. I have already erased the AVSeditor from my hard drive. btw, it is a good encoder -- I liked that part of it 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

.. what you need is a multi-line editor. I believe that any inexpensive editor that does multi-line editing will do. There is a list of Editors on one of the "stickies" at the top of one of these message area's that I know "can help you."

Wish I could be more helpful.

Return to “Video Editing Software”