Dead End

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Falconone
get the Punch
Org Profile

Post by Falconone » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:26 am

It was really great.
At the beginning i ask myself, why is there a scenes from Hero? But later it was not so important. The cube was for me cool. I like the effects you used. Great job.

Shazzy
Org Profile

Post by Shazzy » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:24 pm

I generally don't like "surreal" videos, because usually surreal = I halfassed a video by putting lots of shiny random clips together.

This, however, was better than I expected. It's interesting to watch from a purely visual point of view. Nice to see some fairly original effects. Not something I'd re-watch, but it's nice eye candy the first time around.
AMV guides for Mac users
DOWNLOAD THIS AMV
Quarter-life crisis: a sense that everyone is, somehow, doing better than you.

Warheart
Org Profile

Post by Warheart » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:43 pm

Impressive work, very impressive. I love the atmosphere. Suprisingly even the crossover anime/LA/game footagechoice worked. And well the effects look awesome, I assume you used blender for the cube ? Well, it's a real nice FreeArt (A)MV something that I've been aching to see more of on the org. Hopefully you'll make more videos like this I really enjoyed this one.

5/5

TriGGiT
Org Profile

Post by TriGGiT » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:39 am

wow, i was almost sure this thread was way long gone, anyways onto the answers.

@JCD
I have to thank you once again for the beta test, those tips changed the final product.

@Falconone
tnx for the comments and the op glad you enjoyed it

@Shazzy
tnx a lot for your words.

@Warheart
thanks yea the atmosphere really works here, for the huge cube i used Cinema4D.
ill definitely be making this kind of mixed music videos more mostly because anime is not being enough and whats worst is that im finding it difficult to even watch anime anymore so to keep the interest i have to mix sources, and even start making my own, the big problem here is production time due to staying away from the old school editing.

thanks all for the comments.

Streicher
Org Profile

Post by Streicher » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:01 pm

Seems I forgot to heit reply back then.

I liked most of it but not all.
Still very nice to see you're back and learned some new stuff.

TriGGiT
Org Profile

Post by TriGGiT » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:28 pm

Streicher wrote:Seems I forgot to heit reply back then.

I liked most of it but not all.
Still very nice to see you're back and learned some new stuff.
:up: tnx :)

Funky-kun
Org Profile

Post by Funky-kun » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:27 am

That was freaking amazing :O. The audio cut was perfect (Trance FTW!) The idea about using footage from Homeworld 2 was great! The 3D part also awsm! The whole AMV was awsm! GJ!

4.75/5

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”