Digimon

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
HyperTails
Org Profile

Post by HyperTails » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:45 pm

Well, Gaomon's VA has finally been revealed, it's Skip Stellrecht. I'm curious as to how the dub of the season is going to work out.

Cornwiggle
Org Profile

Post by Cornwiggle » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:53 pm

Darktau wrote:I don't like this show because it's the same crap over and over.
Ha, at least it hasn't gotten too bad with age.

Can't say the same with Pokemon though. Really fun up until after Johto...after that...just boring.
¯\(°_o)/¯

xLucyyyx
Org Profile

Post by xLucyyyx » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:55 am

I like Digimon, I like the characters and storyline. My fave seasons are Adventure and Savers. :)

vebs
Org Profile

Post by vebs » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:49 pm

Mh, is this seriously anime worth watching? I've been doubting that ever since it came, seems like some anime for 5-year-olds. Is it? Well, I could check out some of the eps.
Which are the first episodes, I mean like I've been reading about Frontier etc. So what's the first one etc.

Cornwiggle
Org Profile

Post by Cornwiggle » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:06 pm

vebs wrote:Mh, is this seriously anime worth watching? I've been doubting that ever since it came, seems like some anime for 5-year-olds. Is it? Well, I could check out some of the eps.
Which are the first episodes, I mean like I've been reading about Frontier etc. So what's the first one etc.
The first one is Digimon Adventure, then Digimon Adventure 02 (it's a continuation).
After that Digimon Tamers was made (alternate universe, new characters, etc...) and after that, they've all been seperate. After Tamers was Frontier which had a new concept of Digimon (the kids themselves became them). After that it was Savers.

So really if you wanted you could pick up on 3 and above without seeing the first two. Though it would give you a little more knowledge on digimon and the evolution process...as it's quite different from Pokemon (if you watch that).
¯\(°_o)/¯

vebs
Org Profile

Post by vebs » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:11 pm

No, I don't watch Pokemon because I think it, frankly put, sucks. I think this could be better because isn't these evolutions like they don't evolve for good, like in DBZ Sayians etc. In-battle evolutions. That's why I thought it would be better than Pokemon, which was good for me when I was 10 or so. But thanks for your effort on listing those up, I'll check something out later.

Cornwiggle
Org Profile

Post by Cornwiggle » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:15 pm

vebs wrote:No, I don't watch Pokemon because I think it, frankly put, sucks. I think this could be better because isn't these evolutions like they don't evolve for good, like in DBZ Sayians etc. In-battle evolutions. That's why I thought it would be better than Pokemon, which was good for me when I was 10 or so. But thanks for your effort on listing those up, I'll check something out later.
Digimon don't have "pre-set" evolutions. They can evolve into...almost anything. It takes awhile to figure out really....it's kinda confusing. But yeah, check it out.
¯\(°_o)/¯

vebs
Org Profile

Post by vebs » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:18 pm

Yeah, I'll check out if I get interested. Just looking for something new to watch. I hope the "bad guys" of the series are not like Jesse and James from Pokemon, are they..?

pinky75910
Org Profile

Post by pinky75910 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:23 pm

vebs wrote:Yeah, I'll check out if I get interested. Just looking for something new to watch. I hope the "bad guys" of the series are not like Jesse and James from Pokemon, are they..?
No. They're evil scary bad things that go around hurting and killing.
Making an amv, is rather like being the director of a Broadway show, where you have a million dancers and each of them only knows one step.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=50239

Cornwiggle
Org Profile

Post by Cornwiggle » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:31 pm

pinky75910 wrote:
vebs wrote:Yeah, I'll check out if I get interested. Just looking for something new to watch. I hope the "bad guys" of the series are not like Jesse and James from Pokemon, are they..?
No. They're evil scary bad things that go around hurting and killing.
Well...if you don't watch the first and 2nd dub that is.
¯\(°_o)/¯

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”