A week from now, I'll be waking up to the sound of the ocean

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:10 am

Twas a very curious pony who was licking the tent in search of treats. She kept trying to stick her head into the tent. :)

(I, of course, didn't give her anything. Despite their comfort with the island's visitors, they are wild animals after all.)

Here she is again with a friend, in our neibhgor's camp:

(It looks like our neighbors went all out with their stuff, but most other visitors came with RV's and the works. Many were staying for at least a week, some up to a month.)

After grazing a little more, they decided to just bask in the sun near our picnic table:

Meanwhile, we cooked some bacon for breakfast. Actually, Boyfriend did the cooking...

And I just posed for the camera. :P

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:27 am

We brought lots of yummy things to eat, like cheddar wurst for lunch:

On one of the nights, we visited one of the local crab houses and went for the all-you-can-eat seafood buffet. It was awesome. :twisted:

We hit the beach a lot during the trip. Even though the high temperature stayed in the mid-eighties, the sun was brutal during midday, especially with the limited shade. The ocean breezes helped to alleviate that a lot.

Walkway leading to the shore:

Some of the fences were electrified, to keep out both humans and horses I supppose. They serve the protect the dunes, which protect the beach but are only held together by a thin network of easily-crushed plants.

It was nice and quiet there. A lot of people come out to bake between noon and four, but it's still nowhere near the crowdedness you get just north at Ocean City.

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:31 am

Since there was a breeze, we flew a kite:

The ponies also came out enjoy the breeze one afternoon. They galloped up the path and mingle with people for a while:

And then went off to chill on their own:

I picked out my favorite of the bunch. I thought the coloring of its mane was really cool :):

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:52 am

We took a lot of walks in the early morning and evenings. There's a nice pedestrian bridge that connects the island to the mainland. It has telescopes for you to gaze at Ocean City to the north and Chincoteague Island to the south. I forgot to upload a picture of the bay, but here's a picture of boyfriend strolling along the bridge:

While walking, I also took note of nice locations that we should reserve for next year. :P I thought this one was particularly nice-looking:

It's a idyllic location, and there's a little bit of shade to boot.

After dark one night, we went out to the beach to search for ghost crabs. We caught a few in the beam of our flashlight, but they were tricksy and liked to skitter away really fast if we flicked the light away for a second. Here's one that I got with the flash of my camera:

You could tell they were out partying at night though. There were little crab tracks all over the sand in the mornings, like this:

We managed to fit a lot into just three days - we even drove up to OC for a few hours, for ice cream and fries :P - but it was all still pretty laid back. All in all it was a really relaxing (and much-needed) vacation. We'll definitely go back next year... just maybe earlier in the season, before the mosquitoes hatch. :P

Yay!

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:19 am

Cheddar Wurst. YUM.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:25 pm

Horses on a beach? :o Apparently perverted horses even :lol:

Looks like you had fun. :up:

paizuri
Org Profile

Post by paizuri » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:05 pm

jasper-isis wrote:Meanwhile, we cooked some bacon for breakfast. Actually, Boyfriend did the cooking...
That is very strange that your boyfriend is named Boyfriend!
My favorite video: Grilled Steak Trigun I LOVE THE COPS! Rargh!
I ain't 2 proud 2 beg! haha school rumble is great
Why do I always have the most preposterous sigs???
My current favorite thread. I'm a huge fan of GA-JAMMING.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:12 pm

How do you know he's her boyfriend? Maybe he's just a friend with an awkward name.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

DTJB
Org Profile

Post by DTJB » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:52 am

Flint the Dwarf wrote:How do you know he's her boyfriend? Maybe he's just a friend with an awkward name.
Hey there Boy! You ma' friend?

Nice pics, really like the ones of the horses hanging out with everyone on the beach and the tracks.
Probably too busy to be here right now.

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:12 am

Ack, imagine what it'd be like if all the husbands in the world were named "Hubby." :sweat:

(His name is Hunter.)
Nice pics, really like the ones of the horses hanging out with everyone on the beach and the tracks.
Thanks! I kinda envy those horses. They live the good life down there, chillin' out on a relatively safe island year-round, and basking in all the attention from visitors. :P

Return to “General Discussion”