Picture in Picture

Drake264
Org Profile

Picture in Picture

Post by Drake264 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:51 pm

Alright, I've seen it done in plenty of videos, I'm sure there's a way but I want to be positive as to how to do it. Does anyone know how to show a section of a video inside of another already playing video. One example would have been Tyler's Video the best of you. The one that won for vid of the year last year. He did it a bunch of times. I was wondering if there was a difinitive way to do it in Sony Vegas 7 and if so how.

Wolfy2hk
Org Profile

Post by Wolfy2hk » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:52 pm

You can do that w/ the cookie cutter effect its listed with the rest of the effects

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:07 pm

depending on what exactly you are wanting to do will depend on how you do it... heres some "basics"
he used a masking tool:

(note: the number of keyframes will change depending on how long your clip is, how much movement you are masking around... ect... this is a frame by frame effect...)

i hope those help, they were originally made for someone else trying to do the "same effect"

to set it up so that the video is behind the frame put the image with the masking/cut out on the top line and the video to go in the frame on the bottom line then pan the video on the bottom line into the frame..

this effect takes a long time...

JazzyDJ
Org Profile

Post by JazzyDJ » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:10 am

Using Track motion is a simple way to do it too if you don't mind the extra layer/track. You would have to dedicate a whole track to that one effect but other than that, it's really easy. You just size the track down and drag it to the right part on top of the other layer.
Number 1 on the Bottom 40

GaarahungryXReBornX
Org Profile

Re: Picture in Picture

Post by GaarahungryXReBornX » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:25 pm

Drake264 wrote:Alright, I've seen it done in plenty of videos, I'm sure there's a way but I want to be positive as to how to do it. Does anyone know how to show a section of a video inside of another already playing video. One example would have been Tyler's Video the best of you. The one that won for vid of the year last year. He did it a bunch of times. I was wondering if there was a difinitive way to do it in Sony Vegas 7 and if so how.
are u talking about the thing the one person posted wut was like a tutorial,or are you just talking about making a clip see-thrue and then having anpother clip playing with it,if thats the case,put a video on a track,and let your mouse lay on the top of it,and when it says "100% opacity" just drag the little bar down to how much you think you would like it to be see-thrue,and then put another clip below it(the other clip you want to be playing),and just play it and thats about it,XD

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:02 pm

seriously dude watch it and tell me what he means:

xDarkShurikenx
Org Profile

Post by xDarkShurikenx » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:33 pm

Use track motion it's really easy go to tools>video>track motion and you can just mess with the size till you have it right

GH
Org Profile

Post by GH » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:14 am

JaddziaDax wrote:depending on what exactly you are wanting to do will depend on how you do it... heres some "basics"
he used a masking tool:

(note: the number of keyframes will change depending on how long your clip is, how much movement you are masking around... ect... this is a frame by frame effect...)

i hope those help, they were originally made for someone else trying to do the "same effect"

to set it up so that the video is behind the frame put the image with the masking/cut out on the top line and the video to go in the frame on the bottom line then pan the video on the bottom line into the frame..

this effect takes a long time...

this one explains the way you do it perfectly

Return to “Video Editing Software”