AX 2007 amv finalists

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
anneke
Org Profile

Post by anneke » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:29 pm

I didn't make the finals, and wondering how I didn't make the finals....

The two videos I sent in, were REALLY strong. 'History of Anime' which just recently took best of show at Fanime. And 'Too Loud!' which I have won two 'best of shows' for at smaller conventions, and which I get hounded by about posting.

SOOOO Annoyed...

But good luck to the finalist. Atleast I caused enough noise that they are doing balloted judging vs the decible thing.

-Anneke
http://www.bakadeshiproductions.com
(Stop by for a different Video each month...)

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:37 pm

I just realized, I swear to god three or four of those videos on that list were in the phoney list I made about a week ago.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:43 pm

anneke wrote:I didn't make the finals, and wondering how I didn't make the finals...
maybe the judging staff has different tastes... expecting to make the finals in a contest JUST be cause you've won in the past doesn't mean shit...

Pwolf

anneke
Org Profile

Post by anneke » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:20 pm

I know the judges may have different taste. Was stating how I knew my entries were 'strong' entries based on that they have won at other conventions. So this better be a good contest. Wait it's AX...I'll just be happy if it starts on time for once.

-Anneke
http://www.bakadeshiproductions.com
(Stop by for a different Video each month...)

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Re: AX 2007 amv finalists

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:18 pm

dwchang wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:Sorry Daniel, with Koop in your category, it's over for you. :P
Yeah and after I told them to put me in Romance no less! :evil:

(I did hope to be in Drama instead though since I think it's a Drama video and I'm not sure why I'm in amTV, but it happens)

Seriously though, it's not a big deal to be in there with Koop. I have no aspirations of winning anything with this video (even though it's a first of it's kind :shock:) so it doesn't burst my bubble or anything.

It should be enjoyable to see my video with such a large audience (5,000+). I usually only get that once a year (Otakon) so twice a year is like...twice as good?

Looks like we have enough tickets for our group as well Castor. Hitori will be my date since Maaya isn't there to attend with me :oops:. You can have Nappy >_>

Good luck to everyone else and I look forward to seeing the contest.

Edit: I was reading the AX boards and did I read this right? Valion/Kisanzi, you're going to AX? You should meet up with Suberunker, myself and Castor some time during the con! There's nothing else to do at AX >_>
dota/board game bitches?
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

KagatoAMV
Studio Hybrid
Org Profile

Post by KagatoAMV » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:18 pm

Thats been one of the things about AX's AMV contest. Its not just this year either, videos that have done real well in other contests sometimes don't make the cut. And these were real good videos too, I saw someone's entry that didn't make it this year and I was certainly impressed.

I feel lucky my video made it. I don't think comedy is my strong suit and I always seem to end up competing with the likes to Tim Park and other masters of the genre. :)

Remember to attend the videoless AMV Panel at 3:30 in LP4 on Friday. It'll be hosted by Brad DeMoss, Tommy Rude and myself, we're counting on your questions!

Erinn
Org Profile

Post by Erinn » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:53 pm

I still can't believe my video made it in. I thought that video sucked big time and I didnt even want to upload it here on a-m-v.org...lol looks like I have to now, huh?

My other entries didnt make it. Syaoran's Memories, Say His Name and Believer were my other three entries...

Ryvannis
Org Profile

Post by Ryvannis » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:08 pm

I declare shinnagins. :x

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:36 pm

Castor Troy wrote: - Caleb Taylor - Fullmetal Lane
I'm soooooo happy I made it this year! I tried to get into the contest last year and failed, and was 1-4th crushed (for a day or two >_>). But this time I actually made it! It's a rush just knowing that. I hope you enjoy my AMV as much as the few I have seen that have been entered! GREAT stuff this year!

Not to say it isn't good every other year ;p

Kisanzi
Why I likes so much?
Org Profile

Post by Kisanzi » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:31 am

dwchang wrote:Edit: I was reading the AX boards and did I read this right? Valion/Kisanzi, you're going to AX? You should meet up with Suberunker, myself and Castor some time during the con! There's nothing else to do at AX >_>
Indeed. I was under the impression that Subey was gonna duck outta AX this year. >.> But yeah, that would be awesome to hang out sometime this weekend. God knows there's only how many hours of downtime on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Just PM us with some plans if you guys have something already in the works.

Return to “AMV Contests”