A Challenge To All

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Shazzy
Org Profile

Post by Shazzy » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:37 pm

SarahtheBoring wrote:Or, you know, live in denial and Photoshop a pretty sense of self if it lets you sleep at night. <3
Several studies have shown that facial attractiveness is positively correlated with both familiarity and typicality. Here we manipulated the familiarity of typical and distinctive faces to measure the effect on attractiveness. In our first experiment, we collected ratings of attractiveness, distinctiveness, and familiarity using three different groups of participants. Our stimuli included 84 images of female faces, presented in a full-face view. We replicated the finding that attractiveness ratings negatively correlate with distinctiveness ratings. In addition, we showed that attractiveness ratings were positively correlated with familiarity ratings. In our second experiment, we demonstrated that increasing exposure to faces increases their attractiveness, although there was no differential effect of exposure on typical and distinctive faces. Our results suggest that episodic familiarity affects attractiveness ratings independently of general or structural familiarity. The implications of our findings for the 'face-space' model are discussed.
In other words, inundate us with pictures, and soon we'll think you're the next Playboy cover.

But continue exuding your overdeveloped sense of realism if it lets you sleep at night. <3
AMV guides for Mac users
DOWNLOAD THIS AMV
Quarter-life crisis: a sense that everyone is, somehow, doing better than you.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:48 pm

Shazzy wrote:
In other words, inundate us with pictures, and soon we'll think you're the next Playboy cover.
So I WAS right posting all those pictures of me in the self-photos thread :o

/goes to take/post more :roll:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:00 pm

:lol:
<3<3<3

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:35 pm

aaaaneway, I can't get a general one, but here's one for my online personality, I guess

The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Return to “General Discussion”