Rogue Pictures effect.

maxamillion07
Org Profile

Rogue Pictures effect.

Post by maxamillion07 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:07 pm

This is driving me crazy. How do you reproduce this effect.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:09 pm

Could you describe it? I'm not sure I understand what it is you're asking for.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:18 pm

Also, using which program
forum discription wrote:not already covered in an existing forum
?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Kristyrat
Time-traveling penguin
Org Profile

Post by Kristyrat » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:34 pm

I think they mean Rogue Pictures the production studio (also happening to be one of my favourites >_>) the beginning of this trailer:

http://www.roguepictures.com/assets/cli ... 20x134.mov

Should have an example of what they're looking for?

requiett
Org Profile

Post by requiett » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:10 pm

Uh, it doesn't look that hard. Each letter has its own layer that has a dummy layer that motions in off the screen with a lowered opacity and heavy motion blur, and another layer which has the letters show up in full opacity. Throw in some glow shit and Wiggler / shake effects, and you have it for the most part.

maxamillion07
Org Profile

Post by maxamillion07 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:32 am

Ya I'm sorry about the details. I'm using After Effects 7 and yes it is the Rogue Pictures Production Company that you see at teh beginning of trailer or movies.

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:48 am

requiett wrote:Uh, it doesn't look that hard. Each letter has its own layer that has a dummy layer that motions in off the screen with a lowered opacity and heavy motion blur, and another layer which has the letters show up in full opacity. Throw in some glow shit and Wiggler / shake effects, and you have it for the most part.
The Wiggler expression go's across X + Y not just X which we're looking for. Or so I remember.. I tried a Randomized expression but that leaves me dry in most cases. Like Req said Shake effects/plugins where you can apply across stand alone (Single) axis (In your case X aka Left and Right) is what your looking for on the dummy text. The plugin that I think work best for stuff like this is "Genarts Saphire: S_Shake".

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:16 am

Niotex wrote:The Wiggler expression go's across X + Y not just X which we're looking for. Or so I remember..
Wiggler can be confined to one axis. It's a setting in the wiggler window. Since there are only like 3 or 4 settings for wiggler... how do you miss it? :|

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:28 am

Zarxrax wrote:
Niotex wrote:The Wiggler expression go's across X + Y not just X which we're looking for. Or so I remember..
Wiggler can be confined to one axis. It's a setting in the wiggler window. Since there are only like 3 or 4 settings for wiggler... how do you miss it? :|
Cuz he's a Lowlander?

Return to “Effects & Techniques”