Possessed!

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
Brigid
Org Profile

Possessed!

Post by Brigid » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:41 pm

Either it's the expletive deleted program or my entire computer is out to get me. (Could be both.)

Anyway, I've had a hard enough time saving movie files from WMM, but now I can't save a bloody thing! I've tried with two short clips and I always get the same 'cannot complete saving' error message.

You know, the one that suggests that there isn't enough space or that one or more of the clips is missing. Neither of which is the case. And since it does that no matter what clip I'm using I don't think it has to do with corrupt files. Unless, of course, *all* my video files have been corrupted.

I've even tried reinstalling the stupid thing, but that only seemed to make the problem worse. It's a miracle right now if I can have the program open for a minute without crashing.

:evil: I am very displeased. If I had the money I'd go out and buy Premiere, along with a new computer.
I am a rabid Inuyasha fangirl! Fear me!
Check out my videos! <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... 425041">In my profile.</a>

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:46 pm

what kinds of source files are you using?

what is the compression / codec?

to get codec information right-click on the video file, and choose "properties" and click the tab that says "summery" it should be listed next to compression and if that doesnt work, get a program called GSpot and drop the file in it

>.>

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:15 pm

I'm thinking there should be a check box up for these form responces since they're needed so much.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Brigid
Org Profile

Post by Brigid » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:27 am

They're standard AVI files. The sort created by Avisynth. Though a couple are WMV format since I tried reducing the number of clips by saving a portion of the video separately and then replacing the clips with the resulting movie file. (Did that make sense?)
Check out my videos! <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... 425041">In my profile.</a>

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Gepetto » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:12 am

"Standard AVI files"? Sorry, but you failed to answer the question. "Created by AviSynth" has nothing to do with how they were encoded, unless you hacked WMM to accept AVS scripts directly (I think Scintilla made a .xml file for that). If you're using DivX or XviD (or God forbid, H.264 in AVI) then you need to re-encode them losslessly.
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

Brigid
Org Profile

Post by Brigid » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:44 pm

Oh, right.

Hmm. I'm afraid I'm still getting used to the terminology. :oops:

Ah. I selected fast recompression. The compression codec, I think this is the right one, is HuffYUV.

Does that help?

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Gepetto » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:51 pm

Yep, when we ask for compression/codec, we want to know exactly that. HuffYUV shouldn't be causing problems, though, so it must be something else.

The project you're trying to export, are you using any video effects or transitions? If so, then does disabling them help? Are you saving to a protected folder or without administrator priviledges?
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

Brigid
Org Profile

Post by Brigid » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:37 pm

That's the weird thing. All the folders in My Documents have for some reason become read-only. But I'm still able to modify and save image files using Photoshop. :?

Anyway, every time I try to remove the read-only protection it just gets added back on right away.

Brigid
Org Profile

Post by Brigid » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:38 pm

Gepetto wrote:The project you're trying to export, are you using any video effects or transitions? If so, then does disabling them help?
Oops. Didn't answer this one.

I was, but I removed them and it still won't save.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:46 pm

Brigid wrote:That's the weird thing. All the folders in My Documents have for some reason become read-only. But I'm still able to modify and save image files using Photoshop. :?

Anyway, every time I try to remove the read-only protection it just gets added back on right away.
That's a significant concern right there... Run virus/spyware/adware scans lately?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”