Magix Movie Edit Pro 12

GoJeff24
Org Profile

Magix Movie Edit Pro 12

Post by GoJeff24 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:16 pm

I just got this thing and I'm having all sorts of trouble exporting my videos in AVI. when I edit my videos and export them what comes out is different. However, it only does this after about ten seconds, before that all my edits are the same and the the program some how ruptures the space-time continuum and messes it all up.
It's crazy like this little guy.javascript:emoticon(':arrow:')
Arrowjavascript:emoticon(':twisted:')
Twisted Evil
If anyone has had this problem and has found a way to fix it please respond. Also feel free to add any comments on the program scince it's pretty new and I don't know how many people are using it right now.
Check out my profile for updates on my situation.
Naruto truly is the badest ninja around.

808-buma
Org Profile

Post by 808-buma » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:40 pm

I think we need a bit more info from you:
process you've used to edit with
codecs for source and output (not AVI, that's a container file - is it divx, xvid, huffy, etc)
setup
operating system
etc etc

the more info, the more someone here can probably help you - right now there just isn't quite enough there...

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:30 pm

naaah, I know what he's talking about.
.. at the top of "video 01" area is a Blue-ish Green time-bar; you need to set the Starting Point and the Ending Point of the Area you want to Export. Next you need to tell the Size of the Video ( 1440 X 900 ) and the Frame Rate ( 280 fps ) and the Codec you wish to use.
.. give me a few minutes and I'll walk you thru it 8-)

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:59 pm

ok, where the greenish marks are defines what you will Export.

next ... Export.

a menu will pop-up and ask you the rest 8-)

if you have the downloaded version, the marks for stop & start will be red.
... actually I'm joking about the Red ( its in the Options Menu Settings for Colors )

the good news for those who have Vista is Pro 12 does DOES work in Vista ^___^

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:21 pm

hmmm... I'm gonna guess it's either what's going in, or what's going out.

-if you are using something like XviD as your source, it's not frame-accurate [so a cut won't be exactly where you want it to be]; use an editable codec like Huffyuv, MJPEG or uncompressed
-if you export directly to something like XviD... sometimes works... but it's best to export to something lossless, then re-compress to whatever you like with vdub.

If it's any consolation, I always wonder if what I edit is the same as the export... usually I end up interleaving the audio by about 30ms in vdub afterwards...

since you said the unsync only occurs after 10 seconds... that sounds unusual... not consistent... D_D
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:56 am

Phantasmagoriat wrote:... the unsync only occurs after 10 seconds... that sounds unusual...
Actually its not unheard of; I've been playing with the setting sence 9:40 last night in both WinXP ( on the computer I'm on-line with ) & Vista ( which is on another computer that doesn't seem to like Magix Pro 12 either [ Internet off-line ]) and ... there IS quite the problem here !!!

Magix Movie Edit Pro 12 does NOT have a "stretch to fit " audio/video alignment option :shock:

I got in touch with Help Support and they say it doesn't need it [ matching audio to video ] because its time-based not sync-based and that it will work while Xvid/divx/WMV/MP4/VOB are in their containers ( which I already knew would make videos that were not smoothly blended together [ see my software review ... the Magix Pro 11 has the same flaws as Magix Pro 12 ]

now you would expect to see some break-down if THIS PICTURE were from a Divx or Xvid avi yet THIS is the way it looks from a VOB Mixxing off the DVD's :oops:
808-buma wrote: setup
operating system
etc etc
... this software only works on WinXP & Vista.

My solution to the Magix Movie Pro Series is to `just use RAW footage!

I'm sorry but the "Magix Music on CD & DVD Editor" puts their "Movie Pro Editors" to shame and the Music Editor was not designed to handle AVI's :oops: :oops: :oops:

again, I repeat: `just use RAW footage!

sorry!

Return to “Video Editing Software”