XX: More Than Eye Candy - On hiatus

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
u_queen
Org Profile

Post by u_queen » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:59 pm

I'm a little busy with my MEP but your idea is so cool that I'm definitely in :up:

I haven't decide a song yet but one character came to my mind in the moment I read the concept ^_^

Character: Ray Kasugano
Anime: Ray The animation
Genre: Drama

It's not a very known anime but I hope it fits with your main idea.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:53 pm

How can I not join this!

Character: Tohru Honda
Anime: Fruits Basket
Song: Do It Anyway
Song Artist: Martina McBride
Type: Drama

Lord, I have a good idea for this combo. :shock:

Fay-Sa
Chasing Crimson Butterflies
Org Profile

Post by Fay-Sa » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:39 am

Being the little feminist I am I really like this project idea and even though I told myself I wouldn't join anymore MEP's this year after the Clow one I would really like to join. If there one thing I don't like about some animes is the stereotype for girls and women. Anyway while I think it's a great idea I can't really think of any animes I own that may work(most have somewhat the 1st or 2nd cliché, but not to it's full description ) I do have a few ideas however I'm not 100% sure if they work, like the girl doesn't fit any of the cliches you listed and I believe her to be a strong person though just that nagging feeling that she may not work.

Anyway I would like to join but I guess I have to come up with something 1st so I'll get back to ya later about which girl I chose and what song. ja

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:25 am

I claim a slot with a song and anime to be announced later. I assume me being me that's enough for now :P

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:39 am

hmh..I was thinking of Rushuna Tendo from Grenadier when I first read this..later I got the Idea of Lucy from Elfen Lied..eh..I most likely wont have time to do something..soo if anyone wants to use them, go for it, lol. I'd recommened them xP

kiarrens
Hagane no Aikousha
Org Profile

Post by kiarrens » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:03 am

miss sakura-san wrote:Anyway while I think it's a great idea I can't really think of any animes I own that may work(most have somewhat the 1st or 2nd cliché, but not to it's full description ) I do have a few ideas however I'm not 100% sure if they work, like the girl doesn't fit any of the cliches you listed and I believe her to be a strong person though just that nagging feeling that she may not work.
Even if a character fits into one of the cliches listed above, if you can make a video proving that despite the cliche, she's a strong (well-rounded, engaging) character then you're free to use her. :)

Example: code-chrono's using Tohru Honda from Fruits Basket. While she certainly falls into the first stereotypical category, she also has hidden depths to her character which come out from time to time. She's not a flat, single-dimensional stereotype, so while she does fit into a cliche, I would still consider her a strong character. (Although I will admit that I believed her to be pretty flat for awhile in that series - she was just TOO good, you know? But then you get those little gems like when she shoves Akito.)
ConnectiCon 2009 - 2013: FMV Contest Coordinator
AnimeBoston 2010 - 2013: Cosplay Chess Coordinator
AnimeBoston 2012/2013: Assistant Masquerade Coordinator

Fay-Sa
Chasing Crimson Butterflies
Org Profile

Post by Fay-Sa » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:21 pm

kiarrens wrote:
Even if a character fits into one of the cliches listed above, if you can make a video proving that despite the cliche, she's a strong (well-rounded, engaging) character then you're free to use her. :)

Example: code-chrono's using Tohru Honda from Fruits Basket. While she certainly falls into the first stereotypical category, she also has hidden depths to her character which come out from time to time. She's not a flat, single-dimensional stereotype, so while she does fit into a cliche, I would still consider her a strong character. (Although I will admit that I believed her to be pretty flat for awhile in that series - she was just TOO good, you know? But then you get those little gems like when she shoves Akito.)
I see, thought so. Anyway I did come up with an idea however I don't think I'll be able to do it at this time so good luck with the project.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:43 pm

I like this >_>

What's your feelings on Armitage? o.0

(From Armitage Dual Matrix that is =P)

kiarrens
Hagane no Aikousha
Org Profile

Post by kiarrens » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:02 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:I like this >_>

What's your feelings on Armitage? o.0

(From Armitage Dual Matrix that is =P)
Good question. My roommate in college was a huuuuuuuge Armitage fan but I never really got into it, so I can't recall my feelings on the subject.
If YOU feel that she's a strong character and believe that you can make that point come across in a segment, then feel free to use her. I'm going to be trusting my contributors' judgment in most cases here, because while I have seen a LOT of anime, I have by no means seen them all. :) (Or remember them all, as is the case here.)
ConnectiCon 2009 - 2013: FMV Contest Coordinator
AnimeBoston 2010 - 2013: Cosplay Chess Coordinator
AnimeBoston 2012/2013: Assistant Masquerade Coordinator

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:22 pm

don;t have time to join, but I'd say that Both Matsura and Mana from Sola would be great for this project. Especially Mana, she handles things so well and cool in the show that just gets you thinkin man what a breath of fresh air. Those of you who have seen sola I think know exactly what I speak of ;p

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”