Compression Questions

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
LeperDoctor
Org Profile

Compression Questions

Post by LeperDoctor » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:05 pm

I skimmed this area, but I haven't quite found a question like mine. In case someone already asked this, I apologize in advance:

I made a music video with Windows Movie Maker, complete with music and all that, but I forgot to compress the files before importing them into my movie maker. (one website advises you do that). Needless to say, the actual video is pretty huge.

My problem is not saving the project, it's saving the movie file. Whenever I go through the screens, my computer stalls, and I don't even have any of those nifty time bars appearing to show me any progress has been made.

I don't know how to fix this without redoing the entire video (making sure to compress everything first, of course). Does anyone have any suggestions or downloads that might help?

starseekergem
Org Profile

Post by starseekergem » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:04 pm

Compressing your footage beforehand is not a smart move. What need to do is try and split the video into sections and export it like that. Failing that, get more RAM.
I provide unattributable press briefings, You leak, He is being prosecuted under the Official Secrets Act.
I am an original thinker, You are eccentric, He is loony.

LeperDoctor
Org Profile

Post by LeperDoctor » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:23 pm

starseekergem wrote:Compressing your footage beforehand is not a smart move. What need to do is try and split the video into sections and export it like that.
Awesome. Thanks!

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”