Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Beowulf
Org Profile

NEW HypeO: Sympathy For The Devil

Post by Beowulf » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:50 pm

Source : Various
Song : Sympathy For The Devil
Artist : The Rolling Stones

Technical Note: This is an .mp4 video and requires a codec pack for you to download to view properly. Just install and keep clicking "next" and everything will be fine.

My 16th video. This is a political video. However, unlike most political videos, its actually fun to watch, and doesn't beat you with the point (I think). I've always loved The Rolling Stones, and I feel this is their best song. It is certainly appropriate for our times, now more than ever.

This was a really ambitious video for me as an editor. I've never edited this way, and it took me a year of trying (and failing) to finally get out of my own way, and let the video be itself, and not my own avant-garde artfag nonsense. In turn, I think it came out awesome, and is some of my finest work. This video is a breakthrough for me.

I thought it would be interesting to show some well known characters juxtaposed with real people to represent the theme of the video. It definitely makes for more interesting watching than 6 minutes of news reel footage. Those film buffs in the audience can have an extra level of enjoyment for this piece. "Rofl, Dr. Strangelove is the devil? Look at him biting his own fist!"

There are shots in this video that show what I feel is evil, there are shots that are there to elevate the intensity, there are shots for you to laugh at, and there are shots for you too look at with disgust and go "...those motherfuckers!" Mick Jagger dancing always helps your bottom line as well, look it up.

I was originally going to name this video "We're all fucking fucked!", but decided it wasn't catchy enough.

For those that have read this far: This video doesn't have an agenda. Its not left-wing and its certainly not right-wing. At the end of the day, the world is our creation, not thier's Evil shit is happening in a lot of good peoples name's, but we allow it, so shame on us.

This video is dedicated to the past, present, and future. Hopefully at least one of those will change, or we're all fucking fucked.
This is a live action video. With the admins permission I'd like to announce it here, as its my home. Enjoy everyone.

/love

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:54 pm

Saw the sneak preview of this video last night. It's one of the best videos this year!

:two thumbs up:

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:58 pm

I don't get it.... Where's the animu?
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:59 pm

AtomX wrote:I don't get it.... Where's the animu?
Anime is dead sir. :twisted:

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:01 pm

Machine wrote:
AtomX wrote:I don't get it.... Where's the animu?
Anime is dead sir. :twisted:
Yer dead :\ ..... to the world.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:02 pm

nicely encoded |:>
Hi.

Paul Kievits
Org Profile

Post by Paul Kievits » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:02 pm

You finished it :up:

I loved the beta, so I'll download immediatly
Get my 5th video "Mass Murderer": here

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:21 pm

not too hott on the political stuff but well done

DaCoolGohan
Org Profile

Post by DaCoolGohan » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:10 pm

This is the biggest piece of propaganda I have seen this year. The video is way too pretentious and self-righteous. Oh and making fun of the government is old bag and I don't see its place in music videos anymore its too cliché.

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:28 pm

DaCoolGohan wrote:This is the biggest piece of propaganda I have seen this year.
Huh must not get out much.
DaCoolGohan wrote:The video is way too pretentious and self-righteous.

Do you know what those words mean?

[quote="DacoolGohan"
Oh and making fun of the government is old bag and I don't see its place in music videos anymore its too cliché.[/quote]

Please, point me to 5 other videos made in the last year that are directly attacking the government. I would love to see these as I consider them very rare.

But as appearently they are in so many videos it's cliché, i must not be watching the right ones

As I rather like political videos, I sincerly would like you to point me to strongly political videos.

On topic. Nice video Beo.

Return to “General Discussion”