Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:07 pm

ZephyrStar wrote:
spacekase wrote: BTW, did anyone else notice Rei and Asuka at the in the hot spring episode? That made me smile.
Not just the two of them....Mahoro (Mahoromatic) was in there, as well as Nono and Lark (Diebuster). I lol'd.
this post alone has convinced me to check out this series ;p

spacekase
Org Profile

Post by spacekase » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:11 pm

I haven't had the pleasure of seeing Mahoromatic or Diebuster (or even Gunbuster, for that matter) yet, so I missed them.

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:34 am

spacekase wrote:I haven't had the pleasure of seeing Mahoromatic or Diebuster (or even Gunbuster, for that matter) yet, so I missed them.
Watch Gunbuster first, then Diebuster. I think it has a bit better of a story. Diebuster is preeeeeetty...but it's no Gunbuster 2. Just a forewarning :)

Mahoromatic is enjoyable also, but a bit sad.

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:14 pm

Cameos?!@#$%^&*()_+

Um, time to check out.
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

generalhs
Org Profile

Post by generalhs » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:30 pm

Ileia wrote:
Spoiler :
Damn right. She started out all action, they should keep that up. I really hope that they don't just try to make her the love interest. Will she show interest in someone else now that Kamina is gone? Perhaps Simon? I HOPE NOT.
Spoiler :
I doubt it. Simon's got Nia for a love interest now.

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:36 pm

Bakadeshi wrote:
ZephyrStar wrote:
spacekase wrote: BTW, did anyone else notice Rei and Asuka at the in the hot spring episode? That made me smile.
Not just the two of them....Mahoro (Mahoromatic) was in there, as well as Nono and Lark (Diebuster). I lol'd.
this post alone has convinced me to check out this series ;p
aww they made em ebil ;p

This series is so full of win and fun, I can't get enough of it :O

I wasn't a huge fan of FLCL, but I like this series characters alot more :up:

Lyrs
Org Profile

Post by Lyrs » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:47 pm

It's quite entertaining. I was wondering if they were going to stick with the Shounen rules regarding the Kamina, but the way they've designed the plot has really made the show credible.
GeneshaSeal - Dead Seals for Free
Orgasm - It's a Science

spacekase
Org Profile

Post by spacekase » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:00 pm

I love the subtle references. LOVE THEM.

(The armband, in case you were wondering) :)

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:20 pm

:lol: :lol:

Wow, that part in eps 11 with the oh so obviously fake SOS message had me on the floor laughing :lol:

gotta say though
Spoiler :
ABOUT TIME that Simoun recovered from Kamina's death, he was startin to get on my nerves. Some of that credit goes to Nia ofcourse. But Simoun as leader now? I wonder :O

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:39 pm

Bakadeshi wrote::lol: :lol:

Wow, that part in eps 11 with the oh so obviously fake SOS message had me on the floor laughing :lol:

gotta say though
Spoiler :
ABOUT TIME that Simoun recovered from Kamina's death, he was startin to get on my nerves. Some of that credit goes to Nia ofcourse. But Simoun as leader now? I wonder :O
I agree in that
Spoiler :
It was about fsking time. This kid really needs to show no more emo from here on out. I was somewhat convinced by his speech that was so much like Kamina's...I found myself rewatching the intro part of the first ep too, where he's standing on the bridge of a starship ganmen with the beastguy...does this mean ultimately he becomes superbadass and also humans team up with beastmen to defeat some yet unrevealed enemy? :O I could see Viral becoming a good guy...but "hating" everybody and every minute of it...tsundere :D

Also, wtf Yoko, kill more stuff in an awsm fashion with yer rifle :/ And, someone give this Nia girl some kinda weapon. (although I can tell right now her stereotypical role is to sit there and look pretty and talk about how she loves everybody and that everybody should just get along)

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”