2007 Logo Contest Winner

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:09 am

Corran wrote:It seems that people typically like the logo from the year they joined the best. :amv:
That's just a coincidence. It just happens when I joined is the last time we had a logo that came close to representing anime, music, or videos.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:31 am

Corran wrote:
godix wrote:
Ileia wrote:I actually like this logo. And just wait til next year, everyone who hates it this year will be all "I miss last year's logo, this year's logo sucks."
Actually I still think last years is pretty bad too. We have to go back to the filmstrip logo to get one I like.
It seems that people typically like the logo from the year they joined the best. :amv:
AMV Face isn't from 2003 :?
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

zamora
Org Profile

I don't know

Post by zamora » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:27 am

I don't know how??? If there is a lot of people that don't like the winner logo of all years. Ohhh I know. Its because is the same people year by year that spit bad feelings. :idea: :arrow:
ALWAYS got the Plan B

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:38 am

the filmstrip while tasteful i was constantly getting rejected banners for "modifying the logo" when i hadnt done anything to it aside from change the colors @_@ it got really annoying after a while and i welcomed the change...

I like the eye-note because its cleaver :) and i feel sad that i wasnt around to see it O.o

i actually voted for the red-paint-smear because i was thinking of it in different colors and not just the red... it wasnt untill someone compared it to a cat dragging its bloody rear across the floor that the connotation of the logo changed for me..

i also liked the circle that they had the year before, there was so many neato things i could have and did do with it...

i really like the sakura flower this year cause 1 its pretty and I got all sorts of ideas of stuff i can do with it... while the blue circle thing was okay and tasteful, i think that the blue would have clashed with the site >.> and yea, like someone said it kinda looked like the HDDVD logo or something like that O.o

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:59 pm

i agree, while the color could easily be changed in the banner making process, the logo is supposed to be representative of the entire AMV site. not strictly for banner makers.

i very much like the cherry blossom, it is distinctly representative of the japanese culture, and i've never seen that text before. it's very oriental looking, and very classy.

while i think that the video reel from (3?) years ago definitely was well made and artistic, i think this logo represents the site best out of any others from the past.

great job Hinatasan! ^_^

Hinatasan
Org Profile

Post by Hinatasan » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:52 am

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

haru_hara_haruko
Org Profile

Post by haru_hara_haruko » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:31 am

not bad

rubyeye
Org Profile

Post by rubyeye » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:52 pm

Why does this new AMV logo remind me so much of the Adam's Mark Hall symbol, the hotel where AKON was held this year?

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:25 am

Or maybe the Sakura-Con logo.

Hinatasan
Org Profile

Post by Hinatasan » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:54 am

-____- don't search more.....I don't copy nothing....

Return to “Site Announcements”