Project FMV: Official Thread (released!)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Takefuji
Org Profile

Post by Takefuji » Sun May 20, 2007 5:10 pm

So I lied and didn't get the beta link up last night like I said I would. Take fails, is shot, let's move on.

Dirge of Cerberus beta by Take-Take, posting it here and PM'ing to DJ-san so it gets around. File is compressed in XviD so it wouldn't take forever to upload.

As for the KH track, my clips are pretty much all ripped so I'll try and get some editing on that tonight. I've been playing the song all day and that should put me into a good editing mood =3 Shall try to have something of a beta up tonight if rendering times don't kill me, if not then either by tomorrow night but definitely by the end of the week.

. . . . so I should get to work on that.

Takefuji
Org Profile

Post by Takefuji » Wed May 23, 2007 8:43 pm

Me again o.o Got a beta up for the final track of the project.

Kingdom Hearts beta by Take-Take, yet again compressed in XviD.

I am thinking of totally redoing the second half of the track and using something different for the end clips, I don't think it worked out too well. And I also want to use footage other than Deep Dive and the FinalMix secret ending. I might not even use the FM clips at all, as that was an HQ download a friend sent to me and I was just seeing how it'd work. Upon watching the final render, I don't think it fits in with the rest of the clips.

So yeah, I'd like to know what everybody thinks so far, I've never worked with KH before and this is also my first time working with Vegas. I'll probably play around a bit more with both tracks, maybe try some different effects/transitions in Premiere too.

And if anybody else has betas, I'd like to see them too =3

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Sat May 26, 2007 2:27 pm

i started editing with albatross and its looking like PURE CRAP... we had to screen cap at 800 x 600 and it isnt looking good... jumpy frames and all that, but me and my roomate were out and we bought Crimson Sea 2, and well its kinda anime style, and i ripped it to watch the cut scenes and it seems to be going ok.. looks beautiful. so sadly i may have to change once and for all... sorry if im being a major pain... but things havent been going well as far as capturing and ripping...

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Sun May 27, 2007 11:35 pm

Yo. Sorry for the somewhat slow responses. I haven't really been on top of things lately.

@Take: got both of your betas. I circulated the first already, but I still have to send out the KH one to the other testers.

@AMV4000: not a problem at all. As long as you find something you're comfortable editing with, that's what's important to me. Besides, we still haven't decided on a second beta deadline, so you've got time yet.

I got confirmation from everyone regarding the first deadline, so it looks like we're more or less on the right track. There is another possible drop from the project, but I don't want to go into more details until I'm positive that I have a replacement for that track. The song mix won't be changed, so don't worry about that. Just giving you guys a heads up, that's all.

Hope you guys are all getting along on your tracks. If I don't get some suggestions for a second deadline, I'll assume that you're all in good enough shape for me to just pick a deadline I'm comfortable with, alrighty?

- Jen

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:19 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know that I decided that the final beta deadline will be August 13th. Why that day? Firstly, it's about two months from now, which should be plenty of time for everyone to finish their tracks. Secondly, it's a Monday, so that leaves that entire weekend before the deadline to fix up whatever is needed. Lastly, it's about three weeks before I start my next semester, so it'll give me plenty of time to make the final encode and do any potential troubleshooting revolving around that before I'm tied down with school again.

If that deadline doesn't work for you guys, let me know. Options are as follows:

1. Make it earlier. No earlier than July 1st, as even I wouldn't be done with my segment by then most likely.

2. Make it later. Would have to be after September 20th, as I refuse to be tied down with a project during my first few weeks of school.

Hopefully August 13th will work for everyone and we won't have any problems. If I don't get any responses, I'll just assume that everyone is editing and on track for now.

See you, folks. <3

- Jen

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:29 am

wow, i guess i better have it in by the 12th, cause the 13th is my sis's bday...

bluetrain
Org Profile

Post by bluetrain » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:33 am

Doesn't that mean that Aug 13th is the final deadline?
Not BETA Deadline, otherwise we'd still be beta-testing at that stage - and then we'd probably have it all finished during ur next semester?

Anyway, that date works fine for me, i;ve got the entire next week off which i will devote to finishing my current projects and then maybe starting this one (properly) - And then 2 weeks after that i have school holidays in which i will probably finish most of it. GOsh i've been waiting a long time for these holidays!

Now off to work! I have a few movies to edit before friday... stupid stuid arts: film!
*one day something with some effort will reside here*

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:17 pm

Well, I hesitate to say "final" deadline, because I may still request some alterations on tracks at that point. But essentially, yes - it's the final deadline. By August 13th, everyone should have their segment completely edited and ready to be put into the full project. Hope that clarifies.

- Jen

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:53 pm

Double posting again, but I wanted to mention that I altered the main page regarding beta testing. It basically says the same thing that I just told you in my last post.

Also, inthesto is being replaced by Kitsuner on his track, due to unforeseen circumstances. I'm waiting for sure confirmation on what game he's using, but I believe it will be 'Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.' I'll edit the main page regarding this once I've gotten a response.

I apologize for being somewhat sporadic as of late. Summer is a bit of a strange time for me, and I don't always get on the computer when I want to. If there's anything you feel I'm slacking on or haven't covered, as usual, let me know and I'll try to get on top of it.

- Jen

Scott Green
Greenwhore
Org Profile

Post by Scott Green » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:13 pm

-beta no more available-

sry if you are too late, you´ll see it in the final project.....

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”