The Wicked Witch of Cephiro

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Topstar_Productions
Org Profile

The Wicked Witch of Cephiro

Post by Topstar_Productions » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:25 pm

This was spawned by an idea in chat last night, do do a MEP based soley on using all the tracks in the Broadway Musical "Wicked", to the anime Magic Knights Rayearth, as a lot of the songs can easily work for the characters. Thanks to trythil, Kit and LantisEscudo for helping fomulate the idea, as well as several others.

Basically it's a very simple concept, use one of the tracks from wicked and set it to footage from Magic Knight Rayearth, Rayearth II, The Rayearth OVA or FMVs footage from the Rayearth games (though I think the saturn game is the only one to have FMVs).

You don't have to use the same characters someone else is using to represent the same characters from the play, though certainly if you want to co-oridnate between each other that would be cool. Please post what your general idea for the video is just so we can keep it in mind.

Edit: Removed due dates... let's just let it progress naturally, and set some dates down the road.

You can only sign up for 2 tracks to start, we'll probably expand that later on since this is going to be low interest, do to it's specialty. Also we don't have to use all the tracks, as some of them would be kind of hard to do. If we get 10 or more, I think that's quite good.

1) Dimensions - 720 x 480
2) Framerate - 29.97
3) DVD Rips only, this stuff is pretty easily available and pretty cheap these days.
4) Finals in HuffyUV or Lagarith
5) Betas can be in any format (Preferably .WMV for the low file size)
6) Aspect is 4:3 if the video doesn't fit, letterbox it or crop it. (Eveyrthing but FMV footage will be 4:3 anyway).
7) No water marks, end of discussion
8) Please provide a few seconds of Buffer footage before and after your video

I will provide ftp uploads closer to the beta date.

Tracklist:

01 No One Mourns the Wicked - Open
02 Dear Old Shiz -Open
<b>03 The Wizard and I - Topstar Productions</b>
04 What is this Feeling - Open
05 Something Bad - 0pen
06 Dancing Through Life - open
07 Popular - open
08 I'm not that Girl - open
09 One Short Day - open
10 A Sentimental Man - open
11 Defying Gravity - open
12 Thank Goodness -open
13 Wonderfu - open
14 I'm not that Girl (reprise) -open
15 As Long As You're Mine -open
<b>16 No Good Deed - Topstar Productions</b>
17 March of the Witch Hunters - Open
<b>18 For Good - LantisEscudo</b>
19 Finale - Open

If you need help getting a source for the track, let me know.

I'm not going to be uptight about editing skill for this project, as long as it's watchable and properly encoded I'll use it. I'm still a bit of newbie myself, and my first two videos were full of mistakes. The bottom line is to have fun. Hopefully enough people will be interested.
Last edited by Topstar_Productions on Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:22 pm, edited 8 times in total.

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Post by LantisEscudo » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:40 pm

Could I get 18 - For Good, using a Hikaru/Nova pairing, please?

Oh, and the OVAs are 4:3, too, though the Saturn game is widescreen.

Topstar_Productions
Org Profile

Post by Topstar_Productions » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:51 pm

It's yours... by the way the two tracks I've selected for myself

The Wizard and I will be a Alcyione/Zagato Video

and

No Good Deed will be a Esmaraude/Zagato Video

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:10 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Topstar_Productions
Org Profile

Post by Topstar_Productions » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:16 pm

edit:

Well it's slow so far but that's to be expected, we don't have to get all the songs just enough of them done to make it worthwhile.

I'm also going to do special opening and closing tracks which are going to be a bit of a suprise.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:07 pm

Honestly, I might actually participate if I didn't have so much other work on my plate right now. It IS AWA season, after all. :wink:
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Topstar_Productions
Org Profile

Post by Topstar_Productions » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:15 pm

Well... there's no rush, none of the dates are fixed so you can certainly join in once you're done.

Angelic86
Org Profile

Post by Angelic86 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:41 pm

I MIGHT participate, depends on how my inspiration fairy is working with me ^_^ But I´ll keep this in mind ^^
Last edited by Angelic86 on Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:04 pm

I may come back to this after ayumix. Maybe. Don't count on it though, I keep telling myself no more MEPs for a while, yet I keep finding something interesting in this forum >.>

I do happen to like (and Have) RayEarth, one of my favorite early animes that helped dragged me into this fandom, so an MEP dedicated partly to it definitely perks my interest...

Angelic86
Org Profile

Post by Angelic86 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:31 am

Can I have "As long as you are mine", plz ^^? I don´t think I´ll get this outta my head in a long time :D Oh and it´ll be Zagato/Emeraude, of course...

EDIT: Should I give it a shot and make a banner for this baby to spread the love?

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”