If Can't Use DivX or Xvid Then.........

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
The_God_Of_Death_Mara
Org Profile

If Can't Use DivX or Xvid Then.........

Post by The_God_Of_Death_Mara » Wed May 30, 2007 8:59 pm

Well alot of people are saying not to use Xvid or DivX files with windows movie maker or it will shut down on you and I have found that to be very true but..... what type of files should I be useing for the windows movie maker I've tried many file types but none seem to work. Can some one please tell the type of files they use so that I can make an Amv?

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Wed May 30, 2007 9:02 pm

The_God_Of_Death_Mara
Org Profile

Post by The_God_Of_Death_Mara » Wed May 30, 2007 9:37 pm

Kalium wrote:Read and learn.
that did not help.

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Wed May 30, 2007 9:37 pm

Or you know maybe the FAQs at the top of the page... the stickied topic. you know cause you say you've seen lots of stuff about it so. the question at hand may possibly have been asked, rather frequently.

The_God_Of_Death_Mara
Org Profile

Post by The_God_Of_Death_Mara » Wed May 30, 2007 9:55 pm

NerdStrudel wrote:Or you know maybe the FAQs at the top of the page... the stickied topic. you know cause you say you've seen lots of stuff about it so. the question at hand may possibly have been asked, rather frequently.
I acually checked there first there was nothing about what type of file I should be useing there was stuff on what files I should not be useing the only file formats that I know that I can't convert any of my videos into is Huffyuv and AVISynth . If any could give me a coder that can convert anytype of file into Huffyuv or AVISynth I will be fine but if not please tell me what other files I can use.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed May 30, 2007 10:10 pm

seriously... read what kalium posted it tells you exactly what kind of footage you should be using and how to get it :/

downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
Org Profile

Post by downwithpants » Wed May 30, 2007 11:39 pm

you'll find everything you need to encode huffyuv or create avs scripts by installing this: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... app-21.exe
maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Thu May 31, 2007 1:50 am

The_God_Of_Death_Mara wrote:
NerdStrudel wrote:Or you know maybe the FAQs at the top of the page... the stickied topic. you know cause you say you've seen lots of stuff about it so. the question at hand may possibly have been asked, rather frequently.
I acually checked there first there was nothing about what type of file I should be useing there was stuff on what files I should not be useing the only file formats that I know that I can't convert any of my videos into is Huffyuv and AVISynth . If any could give me a coder that can convert anytype of file into Huffyuv or AVISynth I will be fine but if not please tell me what other files I can use.
*Beats to death with broom handle*

Yeah, you know I'm sorry I only linked you to the guides that have the link to the amvapp in the FAQ, and had you actually read the guide the sticky links to you would have known to download the amvapp >.< and what huffyuv and avisynth are.
Silly me...

Now that you've got the AMVapp I hope you read the guide that tells you how to use it and take note of Kalium's suggestion.

*runs away to headbut another wall, one without blood stains*
new banzors in the making :p

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Thu May 31, 2007 6:42 am

Autraya it's ok I appareciate the FAQs, and reaqlly. My appreciation is the only that matters.

The_God_Of_Death_Mara
Org Profile

Post by The_God_Of_Death_Mara » Thu May 31, 2007 10:56 am

Thanks Alot Everybody I'll try what you guys say I've been use WMM for a while with DivX and Xvid and it has been working fine untile about a few nights ago.

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”