Gotta Boogie

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Gotta Boogie

Post by Kitsuner » Tue May 22, 2007 12:28 am

Alright, so I understand that the whole picking-one's-nose thing is considered rude and gross and all that, but if that's so, what do polite people do when their boogers start bugging them? Just try to ignore it for hours on end? Or is there some nice way of emptying one's nasal passages?

Discuss.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue May 22, 2007 1:00 am

I agree. This is a serious issue that has always concerned me.

No, seriously. I tend to err on the wrong side of this, usually, but mostly because I'm not paying attention. Which kinda makes me feel bad, having brought up with obvious guidance towards good manners etc. Unfortunately, I'm the stereotypical guy when it comes to these things if I start spacing out. I'll pick my nose, scratch my head and other places, slouch, sit cross-legged and/or in an excessively reclined position, and otherwise engage in uncouth public behaviour.
Hey, at least I don't bite my nails. Or chew on pens. :roll:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Tue May 22, 2007 1:25 am

Always carry a tissue, keep themselves always stoned on allergy meds so they don't have any, or pick them in private when no one is looking. . . but make sure to dispose of the booger properly and wash their hands afterwards. I don't know. Just a few guesses.
Otohiko wrote:No, seriously. I tend to err on the wrong side of this, usually, but mostly because I'm not paying attention. Which kinda makes me feel bad, having brought up with obvious guidance towards good manners etc. Unfortunately, I'm the stereotypical guy when it comes to these things if I start spacing out. I'll pick my nose, scratch my head and other places, slouch, sit cross-legged and/or in an excessively reclined position, and otherwise engage in uncouth public behaviour.
Hey, at least I don't bite my nails. Or chew on pens. :roll:
I bite my nails and chew on pens. . .though I usually only bite my nails when I'm stressed and I only chew on pens that are mine. :shock:
ImageImage

Jnzk
Artsy Bastid
Org Profile

Re: Gotta Boogie

Post by Jnzk » Tue May 22, 2007 1:29 am

Kitsuner wrote:Alright, so I understand that the whole picking-one's-nose thing is considered rude and gross and all that...
It's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it. Good manners are overrated anyway.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Tue May 22, 2007 1:36 am

wurpess wrote:Always carry a tissue
Oh yeah, that's another problem I have; I've never been much good at blowing my nose. Any suggestions on how to get the most out of my tissued adventures?
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Nessephanie
Cookie Monster
Org Profile

Post by Nessephanie » Tue May 22, 2007 1:53 am

Polite people excuse themselves to the restroom and go blow their nose. sheesh, it's not rocked science. :P

Nose blowing tip: Plug one nostril while you blow, repeat with other side.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Tue May 22, 2007 1:57 am

This thread is what we paid for, people. THIS IS WHAT WE PAID FOR.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Tue May 22, 2007 2:13 am

Ileia wrote:This thread is what we paid for, people. THIS IS WHAT WE PAID FOR.
Well, who wouldn't pay $12+ to talk about boogers on an AMV forum? :roll:
ImageImage

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Tue May 22, 2007 2:40 am

Ileia wrote:This thread is what we paid for, people. THIS IS WHAT WE PAID FOR.
Speak for yourself, I didn't pay a god damned thing. I snuck in through the back exit.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Tue May 22, 2007 2:42 am

Oh, and to answer the question, I hold one nostril shut while blow hard enough to make it hit the person who looks most likely to be offended. This way there's still the other nostril so if my aim is a little off I have a second chance to correct it.

Return to “General Discussion”