Official ACEN 2007 AMV Contest Results & Discussion

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Wed May 16, 2007 2:06 pm

OropherZero wrote:yes im dying to see it because just using that awesome anime is instant win =O

ps. good to see what some of you american editors look like =P
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=79857

Tis up.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Fri May 18, 2007 8:06 pm

SailorDeath wrote:Heh that video pushed the limits on what we could allow at acen. It ALMOST didn't make it.
Good thing I photoshoped out the visible nipples then huh.

Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Post by Ashyukun » Mon May 21, 2007 9:49 am

Congrats to the winners and participants- there were a whole lot of excellent videos in the contest (and several really fun ones for me to use in the future for IE games 8-) ).

That said, moving on to the 'Discussion' part of the thread- I talked to Julius and Dan about this at the con, but I'm curious what everyone else thinks. My only real 'gripe' if you will with the contest was the overall length- to me, nearly 3 hours is just too many AMVs at a time. I think you could likely have cut it down to around 2 hours and not have lost too many really outstanding videos.

What does everyone else think?

And yes DW- your video did belong in Romance. :wink:
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions

outlawed
Org Profile

Post by outlawed » Mon May 21, 2007 10:13 am

Ashyukun wrote:DW- your video did belong in Romance. :wink:
He was nearly there! Some doujin images would probably have helped. If we incorporate audience voting next year I want to see at least 3 NarutoxSasuke romance videos submitted.

Back to topic...What is everyone's opinion on 2 hour contest and a portion of voting done by audience ballot?

Prodigi
is the conductor.
Org Profile

Post by Prodigi » Mon May 21, 2007 10:48 am

Fall_Child42 wrote:
SailorDeath wrote:Heh that video pushed the limits on what we could allow at acen. It ALMOST didn't make it.
I think he's referring to the presence of an aussie voice. The aussie vocal pattern exuded so much burly that it almost didn't make it. True story.

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Mon May 21, 2007 12:32 pm

outlawed wrote:
Ashyukun wrote:DW- your video did belong in Romance. :wink:
He was nearly there! Some doujin images would probably have helped. If we incorporate audience voting next year I want to see at least 3 NarutoxSasuke romance videos submitted.

Back to topic...What is everyone's opinion on 2 hour contest and a portion of voting done by audience ballot?
First off I hate all of you.

As for the length of the contest, I agree. Three hours is too long. There were good videos, but in my opinion (zomg flame time?) there were also a lot of mediocre vids and I wouldn't have minded cutting an hour or even just 30 minutes.

The only other contests I've attended have been around that length and it seems just about right.
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon May 21, 2007 12:35 pm

Now i'm curious (and paranoid)... did I produce more mediocre? :oops:
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Mon May 21, 2007 1:03 pm

Prodigi wrote:
Fall_Child42 wrote:
I think he's referring to the presence of an aussie voice. The aussie vocal pattern exuded so much burly that it almost didn't make it. True story.
Yeah, way to break the sound system, Prod. >:|
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon May 21, 2007 10:48 pm

outlawed wrote:Back to topic...What is everyone's opinion on 2 hour contest and a portion of voting done by audience ballot?
I've always found a 2 hour contest seems to hold more viewers longer then a longer showing.

I'm up for audience voting, though I doubt staff contest will be fan voted. I mean come on, I've been surviving off of fan voted contests with the Dance series for almost two years now ^^()
ImageImageImageImage

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Tue May 22, 2007 1:39 am

You know my thoughts on the audience voting, and yeah, a 2 hour contest would be much better IMO. It means more videos cut of course, but it ends up being a much more concise and viewable event for the audience.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Return to “AMV Contests”