Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sun May 20, 2007 10:29 am

wurpess wrote:
Kionon wrote:
Shazzy wrote:And
Spoiler :
Harry and Ginny?
WTF was that?
I did a fucking mambo around the room. Been predicting that one since CoS, bitchez.
Might have taken me til PoA to predict that one, but I still predicted it.
Yeah, but something tells me you're not a rabid supporter of that particular fact.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sun May 20, 2007 11:50 am

Kionon wrote:
Spoiler :
Harry and Ginny?
WTF was that?
I did a fucking mambo around the room. Been predicting that one since CoS, bitchez.
well that was way too ovbious... (thats like predicting winter in alaska is going to be cold) she had been hinting that she liked him since the first book with "who is that? *drool*" and in the second one where she freaks out on him.. she just went about it a really weird way of pointing it out to him O.o
Spoiler :
the potion that they made smelled of what they desired most, and even though he didnt know what it was it at the time, he knew it was from the weasley's house and it ended up being Ginny wtf? totally read like a fanfic
i read fanfic for the relationship stuff... I wanted more story when i went to read the real books and instead i got alot of sappy romance stuff that seemed to distract from the story...
wurpess wrote:That one on the other hand, I think she was trying to prove her characters weren't gay since it came out of nowhere.
yea im sure of it O: lolz funny though cause lupin doesnt seem to like her all that much back.... i wonder if its because hes gay???? dude hes so gay for sirius O: (who wouldnt be?)

SilversLightning
Resident Yaoi Fangirl
Org Profile

Post by SilversLightning » Sun May 20, 2007 11:57 am

I wanna see Tonks in the movie so I can see pink hair :roll: :lol:

wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Sun May 20, 2007 1:09 pm

Kionon wrote:
wurpess wrote:
Kionon wrote:
Spoiler :
Harry and Ginny?
WTF was that?
Yeah, but something tells me you're not a rabid supporter of that particular fact.
Eh, better her than Cho. Once they actually got together, I thought she was kinda a bitch. :roll: But yeah, I know J.K. Rowling is trying to make the story interesting by adding romance, but personally, even though someone else is probably going to bail him out in the end, I think he should just concentrate on the task at hand instead of worrying about girls. Unless she makes a decent bodyguard for him. lol. I don't know. I guess I'm just hoping for a severely awesome final fight that makes up for all of Harry's angsty pansy-ness.
JaddziaDax wrote:
wurpess wrote:That one on the other hand, I think she was trying to prove her characters weren't gay since it came out of nowhere.
yea im sure of it O: lolz funny though cause lupin doesnt seem to like her all that much back.... i wonder if its because hes gay???? dude hes so gay for sirius O: (who wouldnt be?)
lol. Totally! *^_^*
ImageImage

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sun May 20, 2007 1:44 pm

wurpess wrote:
Kionon wrote:
wurpess wrote:
Kionon wrote:
Spoiler :
Harry and Ginny?
WTF was that?
Eh, better her than Cho. Once they actually got together, I thought she was kinda a bitch. :roll: But yeah, I know J.K. Rowling is trying to make the story interesting by adding romance, but personally, even though someone else is probably going to bail him out in the end, I think he should just concentrate on the task at hand instead of worrying about girls. Unless she makes a decent bodyguard for him. lol. I don't know. I guess I'm just hoping for a severely awesome final fight that makes up for all of Harry's angsty pansy-ness.

You fail to realize how right you are:
Spoiler :
Ginny holds the secret to Voldemort's defeat because the connection between her and Diary-Tom went both directions. She knows as much about Voldy as Diary-Tom knew about her, since the Diary was a horcrux and held a piece of his soul. Once Ginny tells Harry, Harry will know how to defeat Voldemort. So she's a very important component. It's just that in general, most of the narration ignores her so it will come to more people as a surprise, even though Jo has left a trail of breadcrumbs for those of us serious potterheads.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sun May 20, 2007 1:45 pm

Goddamn lack of edit button. I even double-checked my tags. Boo.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Sun May 20, 2007 2:58 pm

Kionon wrote:
You fail to realize how right you are:
Spoiler :
Ginny holds the secret to Voldemort's defeat because the connection between her and Diary-Tom went both directions. She knows as much about Voldy as Diary-Tom knew about her, since the Diary was a horcrux and held a piece of his soul. Once Ginny tells Harry, Harry will know how to defeat Voldemort. So she's a very important component. It's just that in general, most of the narration ignores her so it will come to more people as a surprise, even though Jo has left a trail of breadcrumbs for those of us serious potterheads.
True
Spoiler :
While she could do the same as a friend, I could see how it would make it more exciting as a girlfriend. I'm thinking that Harry himself is the final horcrux. Which means that in order to defeat Voldemort, Harry has to die, or at least have something happen so that the soul is released. If Voldemort's soul can be released from Harry without him dying, then Ginny would probably have that info, and yes, that would be important. But if he has to die, I just always figured he would figure that out on his own after all the research he and Dumbledore had done. Unless he's really that retarded and she's the one jumping up and down with the semi fore flags. lol.
But yeah, I might not agree with the whole situation, but I'm not the one writing the book. lol
ImageImage

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Mon May 21, 2007 1:23 am

wurpess wrote:
Spoiler :
While she could do the same as a friend, I could see how it would make it more exciting as a girlfriend. I'm thinking that Harry himself is the final horcrux. Which means that in order to defeat Voldemort, Harry has to die, or at least have something happen so that the soul is released. If Voldemort's soul can be released from Harry without him dying, then Ginny would probably have that info, and yes, that would be important. But if he has to die, I just always figured he would figure that out on his own after all the research he and Dumbledore had done. Unless he's really that retarded and she's the one jumping up and down with the semi fore flags. lol.
I just don't see the latter happening because...
Spoiler :
Frankly, I think there would be a fandom revolt if Jo actually kills Harry. I myself have considered the horcrux argument, based on the fact that Harry has many of the similarities to Tom, including parseltongue, and the brother wand. These could be because part of Tom's soul is in Harry. However, because of the reason I mentioned, I think that this is a dead end trail given to us by Jo to confuse us further. Do you realize how many millions of children Jo would sadden if she kills Harry? The PR nightmare is beyond imagining. Scholastic and Bloombury have most likely already informed her that Harry can't die... he's too valuable a cash cow to be executed simply by freedom of expression or truth in artistic vision. The children, they'll have said. Think of the children.
:evil:
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Mon May 21, 2007 1:56 am

Kionon wrote: I just don't see the latter happening because...
Spoiler :
Frankly, I think there would be a fandom revolt if Jo actually kills Harry. I myself have considered the horcrux argument, based on the fact that Harry has many of the similarities to Tom, including parseltongue, and the brother wand. These could be because part of Tom's soul is in Harry. However, because of the reason I mentioned, I think that this is a dead end trail given to us by Jo to confuse us further. Do you realize how many millions of children Jo would sadden if she kills Harry? The PR nightmare is beyond imagining. Scholastic and Bloombury have most likely already informed her that Harry can't die... he's too valuable a cash cow to be executed simply by freedom of expression or truth in artistic vision. The children, they'll have said. Think of the children.
:evil:
Spoiler :
Well, it would be an international tragedy if he did. But, she also said that she was signed on for 7 books and that after book 7, she would never write another Harry novel again. What better way to ensure that you cannot be talked into another novel than to kill off the main character? There's already quite a bit of money that's been made to the point where she's sitting extremely comfortable in that dept, they're not done making the movies, the books will always sell, and the merchandise is usually where a lot of the money is made throughout the entertainment industry. Which will all sell with or without Harry being "alive" and new books coming out. So financially, nothing is being killed. And yes, people will be sad, but frankly, most of the people I've talked to are bracing themselves for it. So if it does come to that, I don't think it would come as a big shock to a lot of the fandom. Sad, yes. Surprising, no. But at this point its just a hoping for the best but expecting the worst til July. I mean, hey, he might be able to make it through this. lol. *^_^*
ImageImage

Nessephanie
Cookie Monster
Org Profile

Post by Nessephanie » Mon May 21, 2007 2:33 am

all these spoilers are dumb lol, they're just theories, they're not even spoiling anything! wtf!

...personally I don't think harry will die. I don't think the ending will be based off anything monetary, I just don't think that the author would take a character, make him tradgic and his whole life crap, just to have him come out and die at the end... I mean some authors would do that, I just don't think this one will.

Return to “General Discussion”