"Hell, it's about time." [SC2 discussion]

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Inaaca
Org Profile

Post by Inaaca » Sun May 20, 2007 6:48 am

Kionon wrote:So, you think we're going to see a WoS?
I sure hope not... The last thing we need is another MMO from Blizzard. I'm thankful that they kept SC an RTS.
downwithpants wrote:they sequeled diablo. coincidentally, the animation in diablo 2 was a lot more cartoonish and less dark, and from the sc2 screenshots it looks to be going in the same direction with starcraft.
True, they did give Diablo a sequel, but that was a long time ago. They're practically due for a Diablo III at this point. I guess I was mainly trying to point out that lately, Warcraft has been receiving all the updates and all the attention, whereas the Blizzard games I actually care about have been getting pushed into the shadows. I enjoyed Diablo II though. I'd probably still be playing it every now and then if it wasn't for the fact that I've gotten sick of having my characters deleted all the time.

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Sun May 20, 2007 8:54 am

godix wrote:I'm assuming each race got just as big a overhaul as the protoss but it's just that the demo focused on the protoss so that's what we know about. Blizzard is usually pretty good at balancing their races.
Yeah, I understand that, but even so - moveable pylons? Shields everywhere? Ships that can create black holes? I tremble in fear of what they're giving the Terrans and Zerg to match that.

J-0080
Org Profile

Post by J-0080 » Sun May 20, 2007 9:28 am

I'll probably end up getting this since I enjoyed the original Starcraft so much. In fact after watching all these game play videos I'm kinda in the mood to play through it and Brood War again.
dokool wrote:I tremble in fear of what they're giving the Terrans and Zerg to match that.
So far we know they gave some Terran marines jet packs. :roll:
paizuri wrote:There's also no need for introductions because we're generally a friendly bunch and will welcome you with wide open arms anyway.

NeoQuixotic
Master Procrastinator
Org Profile

Post by NeoQuixotic » Sun May 20, 2007 1:07 pm

I've never cared for Starcraft. Yes I've played it and beat the campaigns and played a few online games. And I was only left with, meh! I've always preferred C&C or ideally Total Annihilation and now Supreme Commander. I just love the epic battles in Supreme Commander. Plus the strategic zoom in SupCom has made it the only RTS I will play for some time now.

Now I'm sure it will be a great game, but Starcraft 2 just doesn't interest me. The games I'm excited for right now are Crisis and Enemy Territory: Quake Wars. Oh yeah, and I can't forget Fallout 3!

All Starcraft fans rejoice! As for me, off to assassinate another ACU ^_^!
Insert clever text/image here.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Sun May 20, 2007 1:29 pm

I don't care what anyone says Nightmare > Xianghua. :?
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Sun May 20, 2007 1:56 pm

I'm glad they finally saw fit to bring out a sequal to this great game. It's looking really awesome from what I've seen so far. I do hope they put in a new race though. That would really add a lot more into the mix than just some new units for the existing guys.
I also hope the AI doesn't suck this time. That was probably the weakest point about the original game, your guys were as dumb as a sack of bricks. It looks like things have improved, but you cant really tell from just what we've seen so far.

And I also hope for vastly increased unit amounts. I think you could have up to 200 units in Starcraft 1... it definitely felt limiting at times. I would like to be able to have up to 1000 or so... that would make for some really epic battles.

Esrhan
Org Profile

Post by Esrhan » Sun May 20, 2007 4:45 pm

anubisx00 wrote:I've never cared for Starcraft. Yes I've played it and beat the campaigns and played a few online games. And I was only left with, meh! I've always preferred C&C or ideally Total Annihilation and now Supreme Commander.
I never did care for Starcraft, but to my surprise I didn't care for Supreme Commander either, even though I used to play a lot of Total Annihilation, old C&Cs and Dawn of War. Once I finally saw what SC was all about I stopped caring about it. I felt there wasn't actually anything new or innovative about it. Upgraded graphics and a larger scale of war were pretty about it for new features.

The reason I maybe liked Dawn of War so much was the amount of personality each faction had. Supreme Commander and CC3 lacked this trait and they feel somewhat boring in terms of unit/faction design.

Dawn of War 2, perhaps someday?

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun May 20, 2007 4:53 pm

I said this in another thread, SC is cool, but I only played the game a couple of times. While it is a good game, it's too... gamey for me :P By that I mean it's really focused on honing your micro-management skills and the unit vs. unit match-ups are far too clean-cut, abstract and easy to balance. I genuinely don't want to sound like a pretentious ass, but gamey games have really gotten old on me. I don't think I can really enjoy them anymore.

Personally I'm far more excited about Jutland, a hardcore WWI naval strategy/sim that was announced the same day as SC2 :roll:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Mon May 21, 2007 8:34 am

great, as if i need yet another thing to eat my time ;p

This game squandered away many of my younger days when SC first came out ;p

Zergling rush was fun times :lol:

I dunno if I will get this game right away, I don't need the temptation to play it for long periods of time when I don't realy have said time right now ;p

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Mon May 21, 2007 8:40 am

meh.
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

Return to “General Discussion”