Bleach

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Lyrs
Org Profile

Post by Lyrs » Sat May 19, 2007 5:04 pm

I'm a big fan of the nature energies, elemental powers, and mythological connections so I found Naruto to have at least a solid base on the power structure. Bleach on the other hand draws more from the regular shonen structure and has proved beyond doubt that it relies heavily on the reiatsu level vs reiatsu level formula. i enjoy watching both, but i like to reference things and so far, I'm pulling more connections with Naruto than I am with bleach.

As far as the coolness factor is concerned, bleach looks awesome and it's fairly cinematic when Kubo puts his mind to it, but again, there's more to be desired and bleach just doesn't have the intricacies to pull a really interesting battle, except for Ishida.
GeneshaSeal - Dead Seals for Free
Orgasm - It's a Science

bslforever
Org Profile

Post by bslforever » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:43 pm

I know what you guys mean, but apparently, Bleach goes back on fillers just after Ichigo begins training with the Vaizard. And in regards to the whole Naruto v Bleach, they are too different to compare. Naruto was quite good, but the fillers just totally killed it for me. The new stuff...just doesnt excuse the fillers. Bleach on the other hand is quite good with fillers. The Bleach fillers are worth watching, even though they drag on a bit (esp. the bounto series). At the end of the day, Naruto is more kiddish. I prefer Bleach
||Cold Was My Soul | Untold Was The Pain | I Felt When You Left Me | A Rose In The Rain ||

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:14 am

2 more fillers mean I abandon Bleach...

This is getting horrendous... I abandoned Inu Yasha [after stupidly sitting through the first 100 eps]

This thing HAD promise when it got back on manga track but... bah*
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

bslforever
Org Profile

Post by bslforever » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:38 am

I totally agree. Bleach has a lot of promise though, ones it stopps with the terrible fillers. I just watched 134 where Hanataru cooks the cake...man, who comes up with these stupid fillers.

I am praying for the manga.
||Cold Was My Soul | Untold Was The Pain | I Felt When You Left Me | A Rose In The Rain ||

Wolfy2hk
Org Profile

Post by Wolfy2hk » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:11 pm

Fillers Are Over! :D :D

bslforever
Org Profile

Post by bslforever » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:15 am

Yep :D thank God for that!!!

Just watched the latest non-filler ep, the next one promises to be really good. It kinda makes up for that episode with hanatarou and the cake...

Enjoy everyone

Vegeta_ssj4
Org Profile

Post by Vegeta_ssj4 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:34 am

i seen up to part where ichigo fighting that little girl who a hollow manage to use the power became human looking use it as will

and ichigo can do it 2 but he got is ass kicked by her

Wolfy2hk
Org Profile

Post by Wolfy2hk » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:18 am

If ichigo could hold his Vizard longer he would have beat grimmjows ass :twisted:

bslforever
Org Profile

Post by bslforever » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:03 am

:O i know!!! it was so irritating...he was that close! The funny thing was that ichigo had his hollow transformation on for ages! you cant tell me that was within 11 seconds lol.

Vegeta_ssj4
Org Profile

Post by Vegeta_ssj4 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:29 pm

funny thing was chad tryed to remember what ichigo sister look like

what funny thing came out was ichigo with lipstick long hair and baseball cap which made me laugh so hard

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”