I put on my robe and wizard hat: Harry Potter Movie 5/Book 7

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

I put on my robe and wizard hat: Harry Potter Movie 5/Book 7

Post by Kionon » Wed May 16, 2007 4:55 am

Is anyone else doing anything for the Harry Potter movie/book releases in July?

I am planning to attend both a midnight showing of Movie!OotP and a midnight release party of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Here I am wearing my prescription English Warwicks (the name of the frames Harry Potter wears) and Gryffindor tie. I have my robe too, but it needs some more reworking. This year Movie!OotP shows a cardigan version of the Hogwarts uniform sweater, so I might get one of those instead of the standard v-neck. Just one more small detail meant to outdo everyone else waiting in line with me.

Yeah, I am a nerd. But then, so are you. I mean, c'mon, AMVs? Who makes those anyway?
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Wed May 16, 2007 6:24 am

Nah. I haven't liked Harry's character since book four. I'll probably read the new book eventually to find out what happens to the other characters, though.

My mom has the new book on her 'earlybird delivery' thing - she gets the new books early, before they're allowed to be put on the shelves or something like that. Whatever the deal is, I know it costs a lot and makes her smug.

Me, I'll probably borrow the book whenever she finishes it - after reading all the spoilers I can find on the internet so I know which Harry-centric chapters to skip. Honestly don't like him anymore. I still love the 'world' the story's set in.

I don't like how the movies were done, namely the "hip/modern" teenage clothes when they're supposed to be robed 90% of the time (and anti-muggle besides that), and the way they screwed up Hermione's hair. I probably won't watch the new one unless my mom starts harrassing me to share her fangirl glee. :x

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed May 16, 2007 6:50 am

i havent dressed up for a HP event since the second movie:

i dont really plan on dressing up for this one because texas is hot and sticky in july.. (hell its pretty damn hot now) and i highly doubt that the local theater will do a MIDNIGHT show, we will be lucky to get the damn movie at all and since the movie comes out two days BEFORE my birthday i will probably go ON my birthday O.o

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed May 16, 2007 6:52 am

oops thats the third movie lolz...

jubjub2
Org Profile

Post by jubjub2 » Wed May 16, 2007 7:00 am

Midnight party for the.... 4th time?

I won't be dressing up, but the kid might. He has the scar on his forehead already and the glasses. Wonder if his Quidditch robes still fit him?

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Wed May 16, 2007 7:13 am

JaddziaDax wrote:i havent dressed up for a HP event since the second movie:

i dont really plan on dressing up for this one because texas is hot and sticky in july.. (hell its pretty damn hot now) and i highly doubt that the local theater will do a MIDNIGHT show, we will be lucky to get the damn movie at all and since the movie comes out two days BEFORE my birthday i will probably go ON my birthday O.o
That looks like a regal or a cinemark, but I think it's the former. It's definitely not an AMC. I work as a projectionist for AMC, and thus will most likely get in for free, and I know right now we will be having midnight showings. Likely at least three. And Texas may be hotter than hell, but malls are usually air conditioned. I live here too, you know.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed May 16, 2007 7:30 am

that picture was taken at an Edwards "stadium" 16 or something in california midnight premeire for Azkaban. (they are owned by Regal I believe, I could be wrong)

still not worth dressing up due to the heat here... i can barely stand to walk around in a t-shirt/shorts let alone my "school robes" and all the layers i would have to wear for the entire outfit...

i dressed up for the release of the 5th book but i was working at a walden books then...

i agree with ari though i kinda stopped liking the character around the 5th-6th book but i keep reading cause dammit i wanna know what happens to Snape! and theres lots of him in the later books...

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Wed May 16, 2007 8:10 am

Ned Flanders wrote: And then Harry Potter, and all his friends ...went straight to hell for practicing witch craft!

You people make me sick. : /
Cosplay is bad enough, but harry potter? -_-;

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed May 16, 2007 8:15 am

harry potter cosplay?

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed May 16, 2007 8:15 am

Return to “General Discussion”