Final Round - VIDEOS [All Videos Available]

PantherMarie1988
Org Profile

Re: Final Round - VIDEOS [All Videos Available]

Post by PantherMarie1988 » Wed May 21, 2014 9:35 am

[11:03:18 PM] Ninja Marie: Teresa, you can haz all da editing
[11:03:22 PM] Ninja Marie: *gives it to you*
[11:04:09 PM] Teresa-MamaHen: D:
[11:04:30 PM] Amber (Mura) ~♬: - gives Teresa what skills she even has and leaves -
[11:04:47 PM] Teresa-MamaHen: AMBER HAS BETTER SKILLS THAN I DO
[11:04:49 PM] Ninja Marie: Cami someone entered a mawaru taco buffet vid ;3
[11:04:50 PM] Teresa-MamaHen: NOW GET BACK HERE
[11:05:46 PM] Ninja Marie: I like how this potentially silly theme somehow has all of these super serious vids xD
[11:07:11 PM] Amber (Mura) ~♬: LOL
[11:07:23 PM] Amber (Mura) ~♬: Expects fansevice, gets feels hurt and crys
[11:08:26 PM] Ninja Marie: Oh, I'm sorry? You were expecting flopping boobs? WELL TOO BAD
[11:09:48 PM] Amber (Mura) ~♬: LOL, pretty much xD
Hi There!
youtube / MAL / tumblr
Stalk Me On All Of Them To Receive A Cookie Reward

Liquified
Org Profile

Post by Liquified » Wed May 21, 2014 12:24 pm

Wow, you all did such a great job! i really enjoyed them all! good job! :D

My Favorite's (No specific order) :mrgreen:

Crystal vitality - Dangowaffles
Smoke and Mirrors - Dangowaffles
M&MS - AEON studios
Possessive Hatred - Dangowaffles
Animal Love - Donde esta la baguette

And i really, really enjoyed participating the warfare altough i had not that much time etc, but it was alot of fun! :ying:
Last edited by Liquified on Thu May 29, 2014 8:36 am, edited 5 times in total.
"What do you think Doc, am I crazy?"
"It sounds like you have a classic case of Anatidaephobia, which is a fear of being watched by ducks. I recommend that you go to the store, buy many loaves of bread and and feed the ducks. Feed ALL the ducks. FEED THE DUCKS!."
"That's your advice?"
"FEED THEM!"

PantherMarie1988
Org Profile

Post by PantherMarie1988 » Wed May 21, 2014 12:35 pm

This is long.
Be nice.
It took me forever to write. xD

*because this contest needs some self-esteem boosting, positive comments*
I love critique, I love improvement and I love commentary where the aim is to tell you what works as well as to point out what doesn't so that you won't make the same mistakes and can do better next time - but sometimes I feel like some of what was being said in the comments and in the chat was a little derogatory, whether intended or not. I know that my team at least has gotten their feelings hurt a bit by it and it killed the enjoyment factor of this contest for them, so if anyone else felt the same way, here are some comments that focus only on the positives and not the negatives of the groups. I'm not trying to stroke egos; I just want to give the teams some credit. Collectively, some of these entries might have not been perfect, but you're all good editors who are capable of many amazing things if you just put your mind and hard work into it. Regardless of what the final placements may come out to be, there weren't any horrible editors in this contest. Remember that!

Team Unresponsive
Out of all of the teams, this is probably my favorite one. You guys are consistent every round with producing quality edits. The song choices in your videos are always really awesome, and they always seem to work so well despite maybe not being the most obvious choices for the footage you're working with (like Feel Again with Spice and Wolf and Little Talks with How's Moving Castle). What's more, your videos are always really enjoyable to watch. I feel like you all had fun making these edits, and it feels like you were really enjoying what you were editing and doing it for the fun factor and not “competing” so much. TBH, It would make me really happy if Team Unresponsive wins 1st place.

+ always great timing and scene selection
+ your RAW edits were super awesome
+ everyone seemed to know the footage they were working with well, and I felt like you all really loved the anime shows you were using

Dangowaffles
I don't personally know you guys that well as individuals, but I do know you as editors. I've been following all of you for years. I know Fidelity Studios and how you guys edit so the type of editing we are seeing from this group in this contest is pretty formulaic. IT'S NOT A BAD THING - I'm just saying that you guys are street smart to this type of competitiveness and you've worked together before and have been friends with each other long enough that you know what to do and how to do it and how to do it well...and you use this to your advantage. YOU'RE LIKE THE EVIL MAD SCIENTISTS OF TEAM WAREFARE!

+ editing that seems catered to this contest or at least attempts to be with quality level
+ Crystal Vitality was everything everyone ever loved about final fantasy games (y)
+ pretty awesome emotional edits
+ I know your editing well enough that I could pick out who edited what without reading who did, and I think you all put a lot of effort into what you made. It wasn't necessarily innovative, but everything you guys created was done well. Good job!

Æon Studios
I'm not sure what to say about your studio. XD I feel like you guys have some sort of expectation and code that all of the members abide by or something when it comes to what you edit and how well it is done but I can't quite place what that “code” is exactly. I will say YOU GUYS TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY. I can tell by the quality of everything you all did...and that's awesome. Even things that are intended to be silly still have a lot of thought and effort put into them. I can also tell that you guys are really proud of your team and of each other because you flaunt your logo and your effects skills because if an effect added wasn't done well, I don't think it made it to the final cut on any of these videos - you're flawless. You guys are really skillful. There is no denying that you all are great editors, both when working alone and as a team.

+ fluid clip movements
+ awesome effects
+ transitional zooms are among some of the best I've ever seen
+ team pride

¿¡ Dondé esta la baguette ?!
Sometimes I think you guys are taking this seriously and sometimes I don't. ^-^ haha - I wish you'd entered three vids in round #2. I'm not sure if they were made and you just didn't make the deadline or what, but I really like this group. I'm not sure if all of the members have a specific aim or if you were just editing what you felt like and how you felt like doing it, but overall, I think all of your entries were pretty good.

+ your psychedelic editing is the best psychedelic editing
+ Animal Love was amazeballz
+ it's funny that you did the same song/anime pick as another team in round #1. Though it wasn't necessarily edited as well, you had better lyric matching so I liked “forbidden love” better overall (even if it was enevitably more pervy ;3)

Team Psundercyan
I feel like you guys are the dark horse in this competition - like that team that people didn't expect much from and then you make awesome stuff that blows them away. You haven't always been consistent, but the videos that you did well, you did really well. Femme Fatale (sadly not many people will get this one if they haven't played Catherine and realized what a mind fuck it is, but I think this video is really brilliant and the tone of the song matches what the main character is going through perfectly … + DAT SONG <3) and Pamplemousse are among my favorite videos in this competition.

+ surprise awesomeness
+ I don't know how welcome to the NHK is moe xD just saying
+ interesting song choices and unique ways of approaching how to edit them in relation to your theme picks

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

You guys are either the fun group of this competition or the wtf group (I HAVEN'T DECIDED YET). A lot of your edits were weird or silly, but they were all done well (even Nano Ha Ha Ha and Woman Interrupted, which scared the crap out of me honestly but they weren't troll vids so much as they were intended to actually have the effect that they did and there was a lot of effort put into the creation process so I respect that)...and then on the other hand, you also created The Ballad of Steve and A Different Kind of Love Story, which were awesomesauce...so I don't have any complaints. I'm glad you guys created things that you seemed to personally have fun with even if the humor in it didn't always settle well with me personally.

+ effort
+ that psychotic, unsettled feeling
+ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Virtual Reality
I'm sad that you guys had a team disagreement and dropped out. You were good and could have even won this thing if you'd stuck with it. C'est la vie

Team Mutiny
I'm not sure what to say about you guys. I'm happy for the bond everyone has. I know TM is a group more focused on the friendships and supporting each other than how you guys edit even though you like betaing and improving...and some of this competition feels like you guys had it kind of disorganized but were still able to produce some nice things in the end (even though this final round is missing videos - where has Chaos been? ;-; I remember him mentioning something about having his computer ready in time for this round).

+ round #2 was really good for you guys - Butterfly Caught and Kiss from a Hydrangea were your best entries in the entire competition in my opinion
+ Drango is the master of internal sync
+ Janikachan is sparkly *^*

Chicken Cult
I love you guys! I think we all said everything worth saying in our team chat. I just wish you guys had given more than one night/one day edits on those MEP parts (sometimes the effort wasn't there when I wished it was and I know we could have done better - glitches and things that could have been fixed but weren't because we didn't have time are the thing I find myself regretting about what we entered). Granted, I know we were busy, but we also could have edited more than that one night right before the deadline. We might have really had something then with more dedication, but regardless, you know how I feel about you all and this competition and I'm just happy that everyone hung in there. GO CHICKEN CULT!

I~A~S

I feel like everyone in this group has potential, but a lot of the times, your videos seem to have missed their mark with the judges (don't feel bad about that, chicken cult didn't do so great either)...you really could have done better with little things like removing the AR, centering your text when you used it so that it is all on the screen and avoiding lip flap and top corner logo watermarks because they honestly weren't bad entries, they just had some technical/quality issues and little things that could have been cleaned up to make the appearance better.

+ you guys seem to really have stepped up your game in this last round
+ your song choices are always fun and you use a lot of silly and fun anime to go along with it. I find myself wanting to dance like the characters on the screen are doing.
+ The more serious edits (It's Alright and Bury Me) were actually really great even though Bury me was catered to people who have seen Monster (Monster is a really hard anime to edit to because of the length and dark/complicated subject material so I really didn't agree with the bad comments on the Monster edits in round #2) - the nameless monster story part with the overlays was especially well done.

---

Well, that's my input. My team has unanimously decided not to enter something like this again, but it was an interesting learning experience. I look forward to hearing the official word from the judges and wrapping things up. ;3
Last edited by PantherMarie1988 on Wed May 21, 2014 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi There!
youtube / MAL / tumblr
Stalk Me On All Of Them To Receive A Cookie Reward

WolfandSerpent
iz a grill
Org Profile

Post by WolfandSerpent » Wed May 21, 2014 2:15 pm

I had a lot of fun with this (even though I almost died having to edit and finish University work but yeah :awesome: )
My favourites (in no real order):
Smoke and Mirrors
Possessive Hatred
Phenomenon (Open Your Moe)
This One Counts Double

This was my first contest type thing and I hope I can be in more in the future :3

xDieguitoAMV
Org Profile

Post by xDieguitoAMV » Wed May 21, 2014 4:17 pm

Very good videos!, im pretty sure that the final results will be really close.
My personal favs on this round:
- Phenomenom (open your moe)
- Find our way
- Key brothers
- Clarte
A personal opinion for the organizers.. please if the results are going to be late like on the second round for some problems of course everybody will understand it and its fine, but at least allow us to share our video on the internet in that sittuation beucase is really anoying to wait like 2 weeks or more for share our videos in my opinion.
Thats all, good luck everybody :D

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Wed May 21, 2014 5:17 pm

PantherMarie1988 wrote: Stuff
Oh my goodness, you are a fucking sweetheart and I love you. Thank you for the lovely comments, and not just for the ones on my team, but everyone else's also.
ImageImage

xSnowflakes
Org Profile

Post by xSnowflakes » Wed May 21, 2014 5:36 pm

Finally have time to post my favourites (never had the chance to during previous rounds...)
In no order:

Find your way
I love the way you linked live action footage to the anime scenes, beautiful *_*

Oblivious Futon-Dwelling Stargazer
This amv brought back so many memories, I loved that Haruhi amv back in the day!!

Riot
Even though I've never seen this series, I still really enjoyed this video, it had the right amount of impact and I love the lighting effects.. (plus one ok rock <3)

Immortal

I love the whole idea of the video being in memory of the "sister who passed away".

Everyone did amazing though, I can tell we all put our all into our final entries - it has definitely paid off. Everyone should be proud of themselves!

&

Marie, you're a star for posting that, thanks a lot for taking time to give everyone feedback!
I agree with xDieguitoAMV.

chikasole
Org Profile

Post by chikasole » Fri May 23, 2014 4:59 pm

Okay so I might have been slightly tired from work, editing & school, which is why it took me this long to even visit the forums. BUT I'm ready to tackle the beast so let's get on with it 8-) *editor's note* Ooh boy it took me a long to write this xD Also I'm sorry for any possible typos. I tried to pay attention & fix every typo I could find. *hides*
OK KIM, go finish what you started 8D *nudges*
Team Psundercyan
Latter Days
Imo Madoka is one of the toughest animes to edit with. It has a huge variety of scenes, which is one of the reasons why it's so hard to get it right. The flow, sync, emotion & scene selection are top notch in some parts but there are also certain parts which could be improved & don't have these qualities. I also feel like you could've shown the different characters more. It's mainly a Madoka x Homura video with occasional appearances of the other three girls. It would've been better to show the five girls equally or make it solely a Madoka x Homura video. But all in all I think you did a pretty solid work (it's a great collab & you should also be proud of yourselves!) and I couldn't tell your parts apart. Felt like it was edited by one person only :3

Femme Fatale
Well this song definitely suits Vincent. The line "Where is my mind?" was portrayed exceptionally well throughout the video. Your story telling was clear in my opinion (having played the game might have helped) & I hope it was clear to others as well. I noticed those 2D scenes you used btw and I thought we weren't allowed to use any 2D scenes. But idk.. Maybe a few won't hurt, right? I know the very end wouldn't have been able to express with game footage only so yeah. OH and I loved the relaxed atmosphere your video had! GJ :3

Pop Train
This video starts out great. Some parts are just perfect & I think you found just the right scenes there. But it falls to a lipsync video towards the end. Don't get me wrong, e.g. the beginning is absolutely amazing & the part right before the chorus but maybe the anime turned out to be a mismatch or maybe you didn't have enough time in the end or? Some, if not all of us, were pretty busy during the final round after all.
I'm glad you were ambitious and wanted to tame the Skittles Beast, though. :shock: With a little bit of time & skittles effects this would've been awesome. It's still one of my favs of the round. :up:

Immortal
Ungh this vid contains all of my feels ;_; *sobs* And the ending kills me. Hard to give any feedback when I'm like this but I shall try >.<''
The editing, font, flow... Everything fits well together. It's kind of a simple video which has the power to move people. The topics, e.g. her death, the pop duo etc. were portrayed well that it's almost cruel. Not much to say about it than well done, Mims! I'm proud you finished a video >:D I really enjoyed it.

Clarté
You're one of my new fav editors, Raitei. Your editing & scene selection are once again superb but I'm not sure if I get the story of this video. The main guy drinks some sort of interesting liquid and then he either starts trippin' because he took drugs in a liquid form or has some sort of realization about mankind & the universe. That's how I interpreted it. :shock: Song choice is definitely great; it has this psych feel to it. Love how you divided live action & anime into sections. I usually prefer mixes instead of sections but they were better for your concept & for the song. GJ Raitei, it's one of my favs!

Animal Love
Shalyes is one of my new fav editors >w< *huggles* Absolutely loved your video! My fav again! (Told ya guys I had tons of them.. Please bare with me. There's more to come) It's a great crossover, Taiga & the guy were a great choice since the art is similar and they go well together. But 1) I get the Black & white memory section but imo it could've been slightly shorter or taken out completely. Showing them having fun together would've worked better here. 2) .... I'm sorry to point this out but I see it as a romance edit ;_;'' Maybe it's because of the song & the kiss at the end. Ofc fun can have kisses and all those lovey dovey moments & it does start out as a fun edit. Maybe it's also because I have seen this type of videos to be categorized as romance edits before so it affects me. You're all free to disagree with me, though. These are all personal opinions :D Nevertheless great job!

Team Chicken Cult

Yaah once again one of my favs xD It brought back so many memories oh goodness. Marie, I absolutely love your editing. You've been my inspiration ever since I started editing. The song fits Denpa Onna pretty darn well, the chorus especially. Smart anime choice :up: The video has a solid story & manages to follow it till the end. There were a few scenes which I thought were a mismatch as far as the song goes but everything else was top notch to me. Seems to me like you had a good idea & you executed it well. Love the outcome.

WHAT TEAM?
I personally think it was ingenious to use High School Musical and Kuroko. The song has a few nice sound effects which acts in for for the game aspect. It feels like I'm in an actual game haha. I really need to finish KnK cuz the ending might've spoiled some of it 8D My fault for not watching it sooner, though.
There are parts when the live action doesn't transition well with the anime but e.g. the transition at 2:19 is perfect. More of those please <3 I also like how you followed the orig structure of the HSM song. A few parts could have been worked on slightly some more but I do love it as it is ;w; aaand here's once again one of my favs haha. Oh and once again I couldn't tell your parts apart. That's pretty nice blending, girls :up:

Elevator Jammed
An immediate fav! Flow, story, editing & emotion are really good in this one! I love how you used taco buffet with a guy song =D Honestly I can't point out much of this video. BUT If I have to nitpick about something, it'd be the fade-outs, some of the hard cuts & dynamic. There are parts where a fade-out is too fast, sync gets interrupted and therefore some parts feel a little choppy. But that's honestly not a big issue at all & it's easily fixed. I also feel like you could've started the video much slower & build it up towards the end. Yue pointed out how my collab with Toya on R2 didn't have much dynamic so I've been paying a lot of attention to it on this round (or at least tried lol xD). But it's a favourite of mine and you made me want to watch Utena. I seriously need to do that once of these day ;__;'' (( COULD SOMEONE PLEASE WATCH IT WITH ME? lol so many series & anime to watch. )) So sad the song's short ;w; That epic Utena edit needs moar. MOAR *rawrs*

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
(Your group has the most unique song choices by far.)
Manic Undead Fanservice Slaughter (feat. Tits McGee)
Now it's time to settle the score 8-) Well this is definitely a manic undead fanservice slaughter but we finally got tits and panties for this round so no one's allowed to complain. That's definitely the smooth & slick editing à la Todd that we're used to. Some of the syncing is definitely spot on and I feel like I can learn from that. I did wish to see more ordinary scenes such as those you had at the beginning of the video. But if your purpose was to produce fanservice salughter video, you did really well. This game's also caught my interest & I kinda want to play it even though this is definitely not my cup of tea xD

This One Counts Double
FAV FAV FAV! It has "favorite" written all over it lol. Ok who used that sex scene, The Breakfast Club & a dancing bunny? I demand names :shock:
You guys made one epic MEP. Be proud of yourselves :up: The person who suggested this song is the mad chemist here hahah. Idk if I have anything to nitpick. I wish the live action would've been mixed more instead of clear sections but ofc it gives a lot of structure to the video. The only part that stood out is pokemon since the art is so different from others (but don't get me wrong, I was happy you included pokemon since it's one of my absolute fav animes & I still watch it haha =D). Idk why everything else blended well together. But yeah. Personal onions again. Haha this fucking best song ever is stuck in my head... Oh did I mention the pwning lipsync and comedy being strong in this one? LAUGHS WERE HAD! Seriously, thank you guys :D

3rd video
... ;-; *sniffs*

Team Unresponsive

PreSinct
.. *sighs* I wrote a long comments to you & Aeon but I got logged out and I'm frigging tired lol xD So I'm gonna keep it simple & short.
Khoa & Phlash, I loved your collab. You did a neat job editingwise but seems like all of the effects are at the beginning of the video. I didn't expect nothing else since your ae skills are bomb, Khoa. But now there's a big difference between your & Phlash's parts. You could've toned down on the effect department, helped Phlash with effects or done them for him. It's still a collab if you had been in charge of the effects. But this went straight into my favs :3 Nice job, guys!

Slimed, you surprised me every round. You've been consistent throughout the competition imo. Here's an example of your solid work once again. The only thing that didn't quite fit was the stabbing scene from Haruhi. But if you were satisfied with it and it had a purpose, it's fine really =) Extraordinary song combined with moe is like breathing fresh air.

Find Our Way
Well your vid definitely found it's way to my favs <3 And yay for a mix! FINALLY. TY, KIM >.< I love how there're no clear sections for anime & live action. It all still fits & flows without those. Some transitions were ingenious but I gotta admit that there are a couple of parts where the transitions aren't glorious (do they have to be, though? :3) but overall you did a pretty darn good job, Kim. The video probably follows the plot line of the music video, right? Ah the video is dreamy, though ;w; -sobs-

Æon Studios

M&Ms
Haha the idea is brilliant :'D The title, execution, effects, editing.. Well done! I love how you even did similar credits. Paura executed some parts better than you did but then again you executed some parts better than Paura. I'd really love to see a longer version of this. Maybe one day. And this's one of my favs _yet again lol_

Riot
And here comes Diego with his slick effects. Gotta love them & your song choice. Aw man what can I say here? I absolutely love Kuroko & I think your did fantastic job editing wise. Great that you had both the regular scenes & the game scenes but I wished you would've mixed them even more together. I know the old fashioned, structured split is a safe choice since it's guaranteed to work and mixing it more is always riskier. That's the only thing I'm going to nitpick. I thought everything else was great. GJ Diego!

Luna's video
Good luck with JE ~! I'm looking forward to seeing the final result <:

Team Mutiny

Uh! Bromance
Your sync is frigging amazing o.o *jaw drops* Just look at that flow. I love how you didn't hurry & took your time with everything. Now your video has a certain atmosphere thanks to that. But since the title is bromance, I'm not sure I get the fighting scenes. 1:38-2:00 fit perfectly, though. Btw it's a talent to make editing seem as effortless as you did. Good job :up: :D

2nd & 3rd
;___;

I~A~S

Anime Idiots
I swear to god I had this song stuck in my head the whole day when I first saw it LOL xD Very enjoyable & couldn't really tell your parts apart at all. Guys seriously! You've got to be proud of your collab since this kicks some butt ;D YAY for the mix up! I thought the transitions were awesome and executed really well. Some of your live action footage doesn't have the best quality but I don't expect you to find an HD version of the George Bush clip. & hey, some of my FF scenes are upscaled to HD so oh wells ;D We definitely did get some anime idiots here. Laughs were had (once again) :up:

Vividred Strikers
kk Nayton. INSTANT FAV! You did a splendid job. I'm glad you changed your plans since now everything works in your favour. It seems like you've done many crossovers before even though I know that's not the case. It means how you really put the effort into it & manged to pull it off. I do think there are a couple of parts, which are over synced. I also noticed a TV logo, which sneakily got pass you. (( I have serious issues with TV logos TwT'' )). You did a great crossover nevertheless. I love it to pieces <3

Key Brothers
Oh goodness those piano scenes are gorgeous <3 Says a former pianist *cough* I've wanted to edit to this song the longest I can remember. You captured the moment well and adding those voice overs was a smart move. Oh god the ending scared me D8 Lol I'm not a fan of blood... Okay umm.. I thought some of the voice overs were a mismatch scene wise. Like they were telling a separate story while your scenes & music were telling another. But finding the right voice overs is a tough job. You wouldn't believe how many times I changed mine and what a pain in the butt it was to actually find them *shakes fist* Hmm.. Also your text stands out a little too much. But what does the text matter? Does the font, font-size, spacing, alignment, does any of those matter? I didn't care much about it before but it all changed once I studied typography. The worst decision I've ever made lol xD Honestly the text isn't a big issue. It would've only given a finishing touch to your AMV and if you don't know much about fonts & all, someone could've helped you with that. I could've helped you if I had known. But at the end of the day it comes down to your preferences. If you like it as it is, that's what matters imo :3 I really enjoyed this Eva AMV. Well done =)

Paura
Whatever it is, I didn't do it!
Org Profile

Post by Paura » Mon May 26, 2014 1:52 am

chikasole wrote:Okay so I might have been slightly tired from work, editing & school, which is why it took me this long to even visit the forums. BUT I'm ready to tackle the beast so let's get on with it 8-) *editor's note* Ooh boy it took me a long to write this xD Also I'm sorry for any possible typos. I tried to pay attention & fix every typo I could find. *hides*
OK KIM, go finish what you started 8D *nudges*
Team Psundercyan
Latter Days
Imo Madoka is one of the toughest animes to edit with. It has a huge variety of scenes, which is one of the reasons why it's so hard to get it right. The flow, sync, emotion & scene selection are top notch in some parts but there are also certain parts which could be improved & don't have these qualities. I also feel like you could've shown the different characters more. It's mainly a Madoka x Homura video with occasional appearances of the other three girls. It would've been better to show the five girls equally or make it solely a Madoka x Homura video. But all in all I think you did a pretty solid work (it's a great collab & you should also be proud of yourselves!) and I couldn't tell your parts apart. Felt like it was edited by one person only :3

Femme Fatale
Well this song definitely suits Vincent. The line "Where is my mind?" was portrayed exceptionally well throughout the video. Your story telling was clear in my opinion (having played the game might have helped) & I hope it was clear to others as well. I noticed those 2D scenes you used btw and I thought we weren't allowed to use any 2D scenes. But idk.. Maybe a few won't hurt, right? I know the very end wouldn't have been able to express with game footage only so yeah. OH and I loved the relaxed atmosphere your video had! GJ :3

Pop Train
This video starts out great. Some parts are just perfect & I think you found just the right scenes there. But it falls to a lipsync video towards the end. Don't get me wrong, e.g. the beginning is absolutely amazing & the part right before the chorus but maybe the anime turned out to be a mismatch or maybe you didn't have enough time in the end or? Some, if not all of us, were pretty busy during the final round after all.
I'm glad you were ambitious and wanted to tame the Skittles Beast, though. :shock: With a little bit of time & skittles effects this would've been awesome. It's still one of my favs of the round. :up:

Immortal
Ungh this vid contains all of my feels ;_; *sobs* And the ending kills me. Hard to give any feedback when I'm like this but I shall try >.<''
The editing, font, flow... Everything fits well together. It's kind of a simple video which has the power to move people. The topics, e.g. her death, the pop duo etc. were portrayed well that it's almost cruel. Not much to say about it than well done, Mims! I'm proud you finished a video >:D I really enjoyed it.

Clarté
You're one of my new fav editors, Raitei. Your editing & scene selection are once again superb but I'm not sure if I get the story of this video. The main guy drinks some sort of interesting liquid and then he either starts trippin' because he took drugs in a liquid form or has some sort of realization about mankind & the universe. That's how I interpreted it. :shock: Song choice is definitely great; it has this psych feel to it. Love how you divided live action & anime into sections. I usually prefer mixes instead of sections but they were better for your concept & for the song. GJ Raitei, it's one of my favs!

Animal Love
Shalyes is one of my new fav editors >w< *huggles* Absolutely loved your video! My fav again! (Told ya guys I had tons of them.. Please bare with me. There's more to come) It's a great crossover, Taiga & the guy were a great choice since the art is similar and they go well together. But 1) I get the Black & white memory section but imo it could've been slightly shorter or taken out completely. Showing them having fun together would've worked better here. 2) .... I'm sorry to point this out but I see it as a romance edit ;_;'' Maybe it's because of the song & the kiss at the end. Ofc fun can have kisses and all those lovey dovey moments & it does start out as a fun edit. Maybe it's also because I have seen this type of videos to be categorized as romance edits before so it affects me. You're all free to disagree with me, though. These are all personal opinions :D Nevertheless great job!

Team Chicken Cult

Yaah once again one of my favs xD It brought back so many memories oh goodness. Marie, I absolutely love your editing. You've been my inspiration ever since I started editing. The song fits Denpa Onna pretty darn well, the chorus especially. Smart anime choice :up: The video has a solid story & manages to follow it till the end. There were a few scenes which I thought were a mismatch as far as the song goes but everything else was top notch to me. Seems to me like you had a good idea & you executed it well. Love the outcome.

WHAT TEAM?
I personally think it was ingenious to use High School Musical and Kuroko. The song has a few nice sound effects which acts in for for the game aspect. It feels like I'm in an actual game haha. I really need to finish KnK cuz the ending might've spoiled some of it 8D My fault for not watching it sooner, though.
There are parts when the live action doesn't transition well with the anime but e.g. the transition at 2:19 is perfect. More of those please <3 I also like how you followed the orig structure of the HSM song. A few parts could have been worked on slightly some more but I do love it as it is ;w; aaand here's once again one of my favs haha. Oh and once again I couldn't tell your parts apart. That's pretty nice blending, girls :up:

Elevator Jammed
An immediate fav! Flow, story, editing & emotion are really good in this one! I love how you used taco buffet with a guy song =D Honestly I can't point out much of this video. BUT If I have to nitpick about something, it'd be the fade-outs, some of the hard cuts & dynamic. There are parts where a fade-out is too fast, sync gets interrupted and therefore some parts feel a little choppy. But that's honestly not a big issue at all & it's easily fixed. I also feel like you could've started the video much slower & build it up towards the end. Yue pointed out how my collab with Toya on R2 didn't have much dynamic so I've been paying a lot of attention to it on this round (or at least tried lol xD). But it's a favourite of mine and you made me want to watch Utena. I seriously need to do that once of these day ;__;'' (( COULD SOMEONE PLEASE WATCH IT WITH ME? lol so many series & anime to watch. )) So sad the song's short ;w; That epic Utena edit needs moar. MOAR *rawrs*

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
(Your group has the most unique song choices by far.)
Manic Undead Fanservice Slaughter (feat. Tits McGee)
Now it's time to settle the score 8-) Well this is definitely a manic undead fanservice slaughter but we finally got tits and panties for this round so no one's allowed to complain. That's definitely the smooth & slick editing à la Todd that we're used to. Some of the syncing is definitely spot on and I feel like I can learn from that. I did wish to see more ordinary scenes such as those you had at the beginning of the video. But if your purpose was to produce fanservice salughter video, you did really well. This game's also caught my interest & I kinda want to play it even though this is definitely not my cup of tea xD

This One Counts Double
FAV FAV FAV! It has "favorite" written all over it lol. Ok who used that sex scene, The Breakfast Club & a dancing bunny? I demand names :shock:
You guys made one epic MEP. Be proud of yourselves :up: The person who suggested this song is the mad chemist here hahah. Idk if I have anything to nitpick. I wish the live action would've been mixed more instead of clear sections but ofc it gives a lot of structure to the video. The only part that stood out is pokemon since the art is so different from others (but don't get me wrong, I was happy you included pokemon since it's one of my absolute fav animes & I still watch it haha =D). Idk why everything else blended well together. But yeah. Personal onions again. Haha this fucking best song ever is stuck in my head... Oh did I mention the pwning lipsync and comedy being strong in this one? LAUGHS WERE HAD! Seriously, thank you guys :D

3rd video
... ;-; *sniffs*

Team Unresponsive

PreSinct
.. *sighs* I wrote a long comments to you & Aeon but I got logged out and I'm frigging tired lol xD So I'm gonna keep it simple & short.
Khoa & Phlash, I loved your collab. You did a neat job editingwise but seems like all of the effects are at the beginning of the video. I didn't expect nothing else since your ae skills are bomb, Khoa. But now there's a big difference between your & Phlash's parts. You could've toned down on the effect department, helped Phlash with effects or done them for him. It's still a collab if you had been in charge of the effects. But this went straight into my favs :3 Nice job, guys!

Slimed, you surprised me every round. You've been consistent throughout the competition imo. Here's an example of your solid work once again. The only thing that didn't quite fit was the stabbing scene from Haruhi. But if you were satisfied with it and it had a purpose, it's fine really =) Extraordinary song combined with moe is like breathing fresh air.

Find Our Way
Well your vid definitely found it's way to my favs <3 And yay for a mix! FINALLY. TY, KIM >.< I love how there're no clear sections for anime & live action. It all still fits & flows without those. Some transitions were ingenious but I gotta admit that there are a couple of parts where the transitions aren't glorious (do they have to be, though? :3) but overall you did a pretty darn good job, Kim. The video probably follows the plot line of the music video, right? Ah the video is dreamy, though ;w; -sobs-

Æon Studios

M&Ms
Haha the idea is brilliant :'D The title, execution, effects, editing.. Well done! I love how you even did similar credits. Paura executed some parts better than you did but then again you executed some parts better than Paura. I'd really love to see a longer version of this. Maybe one day. And this's one of my favs _yet again lol_

Riot
And here comes Diego with his slick effects. Gotta love them & your song choice. Aw man what can I say here? I absolutely love Kuroko & I think your did fantastic job editing wise. Great that you had both the regular scenes & the game scenes but I wished you would've mixed them even more together. I know the old fashioned, structured split is a safe choice since it's guaranteed to work and mixing it more is always riskier. That's the only thing I'm going to nitpick. I thought everything else was great. GJ Diego!

Luna's video
Good luck with JE ~! I'm looking forward to seeing the final result <:

Team Mutiny

Uh! Bromance
Your sync is frigging amazing o.o *jaw drops* Just look at that flow. I love how you didn't hurry & took your time with everything. Now your video has a certain atmosphere thanks to that. But since the title is bromance, I'm not sure I get the fighting scenes. 1:38-2:00 fit perfectly, though. Btw it's a talent to make editing seem as effortless as you did. Good job :up: :D

2nd & 3rd
;___;

I~A~S

Anime Idiots
I swear to god I had this song stuck in my head the whole day when I first saw it LOL xD Very enjoyable & couldn't really tell your parts apart at all. Guys seriously! You've got to be proud of your collab since this kicks some butt ;D YAY for the mix up! I thought the transitions were awesome and executed really well. Some of your live action footage doesn't have the best quality but I don't expect you to find an HD version of the George Bush clip. & hey, some of my FF scenes are upscaled to HD so oh wells ;D We definitely did get some anime idiots here. Laughs were had (once again) :up:

Vividred Strikers
kk Nayton. INSTANT FAV! You did a splendid job. I'm glad you changed your plans since now everything works in your favour. It seems like you've done many crossovers before even though I know that's not the case. It means how you really put the effort into it & manged to pull it off. I do think there are a couple of parts, which are over synced. I also noticed a TV logo, which sneakily got pass you. (( I have serious issues with TV logos TwT'' )). You did a great crossover nevertheless. I love it to pieces <3

Key Brothers
Oh goodness those piano scenes are gorgeous <3 Says a former pianist *cough* I've wanted to edit to this song the longest I can remember. You captured the moment well and adding those voice overs was a smart move. Oh god the ending scared me D8 Lol I'm not a fan of blood... Okay umm.. I thought some of the voice overs were a mismatch scene wise. Like they were telling a separate story while your scenes & music were telling another. But finding the right voice overs is a tough job. You wouldn't believe how many times I changed mine and what a pain in the butt it was to actually find them *shakes fist* Hmm.. Also your text stands out a little too much. But what does the text matter? Does the font, font-size, spacing, alignment, does any of those matter? I didn't care much about it before but it all changed once I studied typography. The worst decision I've ever made lol xD Honestly the text isn't a big issue. It would've only given a finishing touch to your AMV and if you don't know much about fonts & all, someone could've helped you with that. I could've helped you if I had known. But at the end of the day it comes down to your preferences. If you like it as it is, that's what matters imo :3 I really enjoyed this Eva AMV. Well done =)
Pop Train was something I only had roughly 6 hours alltogether to work on, and by the end of it, my right arm was in too much pain for me to finish masking lol. I plan to go back and finish this and make it much better, however, it will be a little while as I am working on my Otokon entry first :)

Phlashbak
is a failure
Org Profile

Post by Phlashbak » Mon May 26, 2014 12:58 pm

Okay, here are my favorites for this round (No Particular Order):

M&Ms -This video had me smiling right off the bat. This video was practically a spot-on parody and is very well done. I wouldn't have ever though of using Mirai Nikki for a parody of Skittles, but what you guys came up with was quite amazing. credits are also very nice lol

Crystal Vitality - This video gave me some massive chills. The voice over was nicely done and the scene selection was quite astounding. Even though I have not played through all these games, it had quite the emotional impact on me. Good job!

Possessive Hatred - This is another video that I wouldn't have ever thought would work. I have no idea what compelled you guys to make a horror with Sakurasou as a prominent source, but the end result left me speechless. You guys made it work so well that It's almost scary. Very nice job!

Smoke and Mirrors - The transitions between the live action and anime is pretty freaking smooth. This videos balances live action very well with the anime. Minority Report seems to match very well Psycho Pass. You placed visually similar live action scenes with a corresponding scene from Psycho Pass which looks very very nice. The only thing that I thought felt out of place was that live action running scene at like 1:07. Good Job! (Also this song is really freaking catchy)

Vividred Strikers - I'm gonna give this video some love. First off the song itself already has my love. This video had some really good moments of sync and the scene selection created a very flowy (if that's a word) and visually appealing video. The small moments of "voice" over is also really nice. Very nice job! (Sidenote: That TV logo that appears for a split second kills me on the inside)

Return to “Team Warfare”