AMV Roulette - Rules

User avatar
Zanzaben
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:33 pm
Status: awesome
Location: Ohio
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: AMV Roulette - Rules

Postby Zanzaben » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:17 pm

It says how FTP information will be given on the last day. If we are busy on the last day for some reason (Valentine's Day) could we get that information earlier. Also when you say your own hosting does that mean I can just give you info for my own FTP server and you will download it.
Zanz Bonus Points Tally
8bit_samurai: 1, CodeZTM: 1, Eake4: 2, ibabrak: 5, Mirkosp: 4, tipsd9video: 1, uncreative: 1

User avatar
Fall_Child42
has a rock
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:32 pm
Status: Veloci-tossin' to the max!
Location: Jurassic Park
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: AMV Roulette - Rules

Postby Fall_Child42 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:55 pm

Yue,
You really know what kind of contests are right down my ally.
I will totally join maybe it'll atually give me the push I need to make some things.

But there are some problems you should address. (not for me of course, but instead for those who might be trouble makers.) :space:

But since you can pick from the millions of songs in existence, try to avoid the fringe and pick something that isn't going to stir up trouble/debate. If the judges choose to veto your song for the genre requirement, you will lose points. :(

This is assuming people have prescient abilities. How is anybody supposed to figure out what song will stir up trouble or debate? Losing pints because I can't predict the future doesn't sound right. Why not just "will be required to select a different song"

1. Each participant hereby agrees to that he/she is the sole and exclusive author and does not violate directly and / or indirectly any third party rights.

If I'm going to make an AMV I can't actually agree to this.
Image

User avatar
Radical_Yue
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:45 pm
Status: The flamer with heart of gold~<3
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: AMV Roulette - Rules

Postby Radical_Yue » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:55 pm

Zanzaben wrote:It says how FTP information will be given on the last day. If we are busy on the last day for some reason (Valentine's Day) could we get that information earlier. Also when you say your own hosting does that mean I can just give you info for my own FTP server and you will download it.



I can give you a log in and password to use my hosting. Yes, I can provide it prior to the last day if necessary.

When I say your own hosting, I mean things like sendspace, mediafire, dropbox, etc... Something that you've obtained on your own and uploaded to.
I would request that a log in and password not be required to get the videos because I imagine that'll just turn into a headache after a while, especially if multiple people have it set up that way.

User avatar
Radical_Yue
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:45 pm
Status: The flamer with heart of gold~<3
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: AMV Roulette - Rules

Postby Radical_Yue » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:01 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:
Zanzaben wrote:It says how FTP information will be given on the last day. If we are busy on the last day for some reason (Valentine's Day) could we get that information earlier. Also when you say your own hosting does that mean I can just give you info for my own FTP server and you will download it.



I can give you a log in and password to use my hosting. Yes, I can provide it prior to the last day if necessary.

When I say your own hosting, I mean things like sendspace, mediafire, dropbox, etc... Something that you've obtained on your own and uploaded to.
I would request that a log in and password not be required to get the videos because I imagine that'll just turn into a headache after a while, especially if multiple people have it set up that way.



Fall_Child42 wrote:But since you can pick from the millions of songs in existence, try to avoid the fringe and pick something that isn't going to stir up trouble/debate. If the judges choose to veto your song for the genre requirement, you will lose points. :(

This is assuming people have prescient abilities. How is anybody supposed to figure out what song will stir up trouble or debate? Losing pints because I can't predict the future doesn't sound right. Why not just "will be required to select a different song"


If they are not sure then they have the ability to contact the coordinators (myself and Matt) within 48 hours of the round start to confirm if their song is ok. If their song is ok'd by the coordinators then they're good. If they're worried about it and they do not get confirmation then they have to be willing to lose those points if the judges deem it no bueno.
Maybe it's not clear enough but a song veto/loss of points only comes after all is said and done and the videos have been turned in but if there is even a shred of doubt then they have the option to have it checked with no penalty.
So there is a safety net for those that wish to use it but it's only available for a short period of time. If they don't use it then they're walking the tightrope with the possibility of falling and getting hurt pretty badly.
I'll look at rewording that to clear things up.


Fall_Child42 wrote:1. Each participant hereby agrees to that he/she is the sole and exclusive author and does not violate directly and / or indirectly any third party rights.

If I'm going to make an AMV I can't actually agree to this.


Yeah, I know. That's been pointed out in the past but it's just legal BS that is in just about every single contest's requirements/agreements.

User avatar
Fall_Child42
has a rock
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:32 pm
Status: Veloci-tossin' to the max!
Location: Jurassic Park
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: AMV Roulette - Rules

Postby Fall_Child42 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:14 pm

NO RULES! NO MAStErS!
Image

User avatar
Radical_Yue
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:45 pm
Status: The flamer with heart of gold~<3
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: AMV Roulette - Rules

Postby Radical_Yue » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:17 pm

Theeeeeeeere we go! That's the kind of Todd post I was expecting :3

User avatar
[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:34 am
Status: Under your bed!
Location: Argentina
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: AMV Roulette - Rules

Postby [madaraxD] » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:54 pm

Sounds fun but i think i wont have too much free time to join this D: stil..cool idea and good luck!
Image

User avatar
ProjectBarcodeError
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 2:57 pm
Location: snooping as usual
Org Profile

Re: AMV Roulette - Rules

Postby ProjectBarcodeError » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:38 pm

same as madara, i think joining it will be bad for the beginning of my semester :x.

though, i LOVE the no-elimination rule.

Hope you'll get good vids !

User avatar
Begi
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Detroit, Michigan, U.S.
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: AMV Roulette - Rules

Postby Begi » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:34 am

NO ONE ELSE BOTHER JOINING CUZ IM GONNA WIN! IT'S JUST A WASTE OF YOUR TIME HAHAHAHAHAHA

User avatar
Shui
Shuitcake
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:27 am
Org Profile

Re: AMV Roulette - Rules

Postby Shui » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:08 pm

This sounds like so much fun... this sounds like so much fun... this is going to be so much fun.
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

User avatar
Iron Solari
OSHMKUFA2010
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:08 am
Status: I can't believe it's not butter.
Org Profile

Re: AMV Roulette - Rules

Postby Iron Solari » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:19 pm

Image
"Some guy stuck a butter knife covered in peanut butter into my DvD player because he said it was hungry."
-Anonymous

User avatar
slackergirl
is the Ultimate Boy Scout
Joined: Sat May 12, 2001 2:46 pm
Location: Historic NJ, USA
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: AMV Roulette - Rules

Postby slackergirl » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:29 pm

Just for clarification, is there an ACTUAL taxidermically stuffed giraffe available as a prize? Because I think that's illegal...

User avatar
Radical_Yue
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:45 pm
Status: The flamer with heart of gold~<3
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: AMV Roulette - Rules

Postby Radical_Yue » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:53 pm

slackergirl wrote:Just for clarification, is there an ACTUAL taxidermically stuffed giraffe available as a prize? Because I think that's illegal...


No giraffes were harmed in the creation of this contest.

User avatar
NotReallyHere
The Macho Man
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:50 am
Org Profile

Re: AMV Roulette - Rules

Postby NotReallyHere » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:14 am

This sounds interesting, I'll see if I can hog a spot. :)

User avatar
lloyd9988
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 4:57 pm
Status: Yeahhhhh......
Location: AZ
Org Profile

Re: AMV Roulette - Rules

Postby lloyd9988 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:01 am

ProjectBarcodeError wrote:same as madara, i think joining it will be bad for the beginning of my semester :x.


ditto.
~Yo~


Return to “AMV Roulette”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest