Round 1 Videos - Complete!

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Re: Round 1 Videos

Post by Radical_Yue » Mon May 27, 2013 5:04 pm

Mystery Editor 2 has chosen to reveal herself!

Welcome Chiiisus!

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Tue May 28, 2013 8:02 am

Ok, so the official tally?!

All 8 entrants in Group B submit! :D No drops |:> |:> |:>

As for Group C~ We received 7 official entries and 3 noncompeting!

So Group B is currently being uploaded and will be available for download shortly. Group C will be delayed a bit since the 3 noncompeting entries will be voted on to decide which entry will be considered official and which 2 will remain noncompeting. Once that is completed, the Group C video pack will be posted.

Zanzaben
Org Profile

Post by Zanzaben » Tue May 28, 2013 8:04 am

Alright Group B, look at all of us not dropping. :awesome:
Zanz Bonus Points Tally
8bit_samurai: 1, CodeZTM: 1, Eake4: 2, ibabrak: 5, Mirkosp: 4, tipsd9video: 1, uncreative: 1

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Tue May 28, 2013 8:55 am

Group B is up!

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Tue May 28, 2013 9:37 am

Zanzaben wrote:Alright Group B, look at all of us not dropping. :awesome:
But our group had to drop the bass! :uhoh:

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Tue May 28, 2013 9:39 am

Nya-chan Production wrote:
Sadly, Mamo! dropped the bass a little too hard and ended up hurting his ankle something fierce D:

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Tue May 28, 2013 10:05 am

Radical_Yue wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:
Sadly, Mamo! dropped the bass a little too hard and ended up hurting his ankle something fierce D:
Poor Mamo! D:

FadingSundown
Org Profile

Post by FadingSundown » Tue May 28, 2013 1:04 pm

Im not going to go comment on all the vids, but here are the persons I think should go to round 2 : ). In order of which vid I liked best.

Group A
1. Mystery editor - Exodus
- Loved the pacing, the scene selection. Loved everything except the song cuts. Still, you're my fav from Round 1 so far ; ).
2. Cecco - Out of Control
- Liked it alot. Kara no Kyoukai is a good fit for this song. But the pacing was sometimes way too fast for the song.
3. Kyros- Astral Notes
- Technically very good. The colors and color changes were perfect. But because all of the different sources it appeared really random to me. Sheryl's dancing seemed randomly placed to fill space to.
4. LopezAMV - Majesty
- It was good, but it felt like something was really lacking. It didn't really have impact. At moments in the song where I thought: here comes an epic.... Oh nothing. It just followed the pacing of the rest. And so it seemed quite slow-paced at many moments. Even though you commented that Exodus felt too slow paced, I don't agree with that. But this is just my personal opinion ; ).

Group B
1. Chiiisus - The Tyrant
- Pacing, timing and story were very good. BRS is a good fit for this song, and you edited perfectly. You're my fav from group B.
2. ngsilver - Surfeited
- Even though I found your AMV very hard to watch because of the old, cartoony anime, it was still very good. The editing was good.
3. NotReallyHere - HOMRA
- Good anime choice. But keep an eye on your timing and pacing. Sometimes you switched scenes too fast. And the zooms were a bit sudden, I didnt like those very much. But a very good job Jeff, you have really imrpoved ^-^!
4. xPauChan - Sick Of It
- Good timing, but putting a bit of a storyline in this would've made it much better. Now it appeared just as a random bunch of fighting.

But, chaosgod357 - Karma Kill, and alchemymini - Fractures could also be 3th or 4th. I found it hard to choose.

Cecco
Biscotto
Org Profile

Post by Cecco » Tue May 28, 2013 3:02 pm

Group B:
1- Chiiisus
2- ngsilver
3- Xpauchan
4- Alcheminy

The best for me

alchemymini
doesn't eat shoes
Org Profile

Post by alchemymini » Tue May 28, 2013 5:34 pm

Here are my critiques and rankings for Group A. This is my first time writing such a large amount of feedback, so apologies in advance for any rambling/hurt feels. Also, the order I put the videos in is the ranking I would also give owo Simple enough me thinks~

Mystery Editor 3~ Exodus
Spoiler :
Although it is very similar to Lopez’s AMV it has a completely different feel of urgency, which was nice in such a calm song. It really established your concept and I felt captivated almost all the way through. I FELT something watching this, and that is what I look for when I go into watching an AMV. Although, while this was for the most part brilliant, your pacing was TOO fast at times when you really should have slowed down. That is honestly the only gripe I have though. Great atmosphere =]
Kyros~ Astral Notes
Spoiler :
Now THIS is a concept. I am a sucker for good story telling, and you appealed to me greatly in this aspect. It also was a plus that I have not seen any of these animes really so I was able to just watch the AMV and see what you created. The only thing that kinda put me off was the singing didn't seem to be needed…and the lip sync could use some work owo Also…the ending seemed a bit odd since the boy she kisses isn't even visible through the AMV, but I can forgive it since it brings everything to a close nicely. Solid second place in my book!
LopezAMV~Majesty
Spoiler :
I really enjoyed this AMV. A lot. Much like “Exodus” you have a nicely established atmosphere! However, where their AMV was too fast at times, yours was too slow. Like at 56 seconds when those stills start…I understand what you were trying to do story-wise, but the flow that you established up to that point gets completely thrown off ;w; Besides that though, you made a very pretty and solid AMV full of a kind of emotion lacking in other entries. Great job!
Cecco~Out of Control
Spoiler :
The beginning of your AMV sucked me in instantly. The flow was godly and set up the oddest of serene atmospheres for such a violent anime. For that, props. However, towards the middle it started to go way too fast for me and then at the end every bit of momentum you built up to that very last moment when she raises the blade…is lost in still scenes. There were such drastic changes in pace I had a hard time keeping up, and that kinda ruined the mood for me. But overall, soooo pretty and a well done AMV that I think deserves to make it to the next round!
Nivedo~Reality Getaway
Spoiler :
Okay where to start…This AMV completely lacked concept. I could not tell what you were trying to say throughout the entire AMV. It started out like it was going to be about Rika..It ended like the entire AMV had been about Rika…and the rest of the AMV had nothing to do with her. Why was she fighting with each girl? Why was Yuuta randomly thrown in there? Is this supposed to be a romance AMV? An action AMV? It lacks identity and I felt nothing watching it, unfortunately. The only thing that I really liked was the flow you had in switching between scenes. Even though Im not sure why you chose the scenes, your use of them wasn’t horrid.
Lloyd9988~ Guardian and Treasure
Spoiler :
Honestly, I was a bit surprised. This AMV had a lot of potential and then…it died for me. I was bored watching it. I could not figure out the concept, there were run on scenes, cuts were…bad. The use of black and white…what was the point? I guess I just could not appreciate this AMV even though I can see it has a lot that COULD be done with it. The second half of your AMV is definitely better, but it’s mostly action…that I don’t understand what it is for. I guess I am mostly just confused. Not sure what else I can say x’D
Blacksun~ Sisters of War
Spoiler :
Story-present. Interesting anime-present. Flow? Ehh…This AMV has a lot of potential, but the synch and flow is all over the place. However, a concept is there. I can see it and I appreciate that. It’s…just..not as well executed as it could be.

Return to “The Quickening 2013”