The Quickening - Registration FULL (AGAIN)

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Re: The Quickening - Registration (FULL)

Post by Koopiskeva » Sat May 11, 2013 6:50 pm

left hand? |:
Hi.

Orestes
Org Profile

Post by Orestes » Sun May 12, 2013 8:22 pm

Koopiskeva wrote:left hand? |:
or maybe right hand? :bear:

FadingSundown
Org Profile

Post by FadingSundown » Mon May 13, 2013 3:42 am

I was late by... three full days o_0!! Ah well I wasnt even at home but I heard it took less than 20 minutes for the contest to get full, so that went damn fast xD. I was looking forward to entering again this year because I found last year really helpful with my editing.

Isn't is possible to open up another group? I mean, I know you can make non-competing viddies, but it doesnt really feel like competing to me then, making a vid and hoping that someone drops out for whatever reason. If you'd open up another group in different time frames (or the same time frame as one of the other groups) im sure it would fill up in just a very small time.

But that is just what I think hahaha xD. Prolly isnt going to happen ^^'

Mkid
Im on the case
Org Profile

Post by Mkid » Mon May 13, 2013 4:51 am

FadingSundown wrote: Ah well I wasnt even at home but I heard it took less than 20 minutes
Isn't is possible to open up another group?
i agree with this notion :up: it kinda sucks but oh well what cha gonna do about it?

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Mon May 13, 2013 6:34 am

ANOTHER GROUP YUE, GO FOR IT |:> |:> |:>

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Mon May 13, 2013 6:35 am

Hastega wrote:
Koopiskeva wrote:left hand? |:
or maybe right hand? :bear:
Why one hand? :rofl:

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Mon May 13, 2013 7:39 am

Btw, the fast registration was kinda... underestimated. Sure, the last year it took almost a single day to get 32 people, but you can't forget that:
- Nobody knew that it was going to happen then
- Nobody knew what to expect of it, so people were careful.

Open a registration for a successful contest on a set hour (and announce it a week before), halve the contestant number, and you can be almost sure it will take hours at most to fill up, because of the hype. It would happen to OrgEditor, it would happen to Brad's IC, to practically anything with set limit of participants.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Mon May 13, 2013 2:23 pm

Well, last year it took about a day and a half for 64 people, not 32. One of the most common comments I received from people was that I should reduce the number of entrants so that's what I decided to test out this year. I knew that registration would be fast, but not as fast as it was. Org Editor took almost a full week to fill this year with only 32 spots and while I had a decent amount of people stating that they couldn't wait for registration to open, I figured the fastest it would go would be 24 hours not 20 minutes. To be honest, I have tooled with the idea of opening it up to a handful more but there are some issues I've run into so here is what I'm dealin' with.

+ With more people to register, that means more people that are happy so yaaay!
+ The chance for more awesome videos.

- Attempting to add another group would lead to me having to totally re-tool the current way the bracket is set up and there isn't exactly a ton of time to do that.
- In addition to re-tooling the bracket, the Quickening is totally based around time frames. If I add more groups and I've got to screw with the way rounds and eliminations are set up which would kind of be a giant middle finger to those already counting on the schedules they signed up for.
- It wouldn't exactly be fair to the ones who were waiting to signup when everything officially went live. Some people reported waiting for as long as 4 hours, just stalking the thread.

The best I would be able to do in this situation is look at maybe adding a couple more slots to the current groups but if I did that, the registration would have to be opened like, today. And I would need the songs immediately because I've timed and scheduled this entire thing around what I have time to do. So basically, I'd open up a last minute registration with only a couple slots and then whoever didn't get it would be left to complain about the fact that it was short notice.

See my problem?

Either way, I'll look it over and see what, if anything, I can possibly do. Don't get me wrong, some really great editors I were looking forward to missed registration which makes me sad but I have to think about this in a logical way. No matter what, there will be a group of pissed off people.

Edit: Gimme like, 20 minutes.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Mon May 13, 2013 2:58 pm

Announcement
Due to the large demand, I've managed to figure out a way to add 2 additional groups. The groups will be called E and F but will run off the same schedules as B & D. The rules have been updated with the schedules. I will once again put this thread in lockdown until the signup goes live. In order to sign up you must follow the exact same rules that the previous entrants did. Once signups have completed if any entrants would like to swap spots then they must both communicate this to me by 5:00pm CDT on 05/14/2013. If you have any questions, please post them in the rules thread or PM me.
Ladies and Gentlemen, you have 8 hours.

Signup Countdown

Mamo!
El Shine-o
Org Profile

Re: The Quickening - Registration

Post by Mamo! » Mon May 13, 2013 11:00 pm

Group E!

No, no, no, no, no, no, no.
So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye.

<3

Return to “The Quickening 2013”