P.O.E Season 3 : Semifinals Results - The Final 3 Are Here!

This is the official forum for Project OrgEditor Season 3, hosted by CodeZTM.

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Semifinals Results - The Final 3 Are He

Postby TritioAFB » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:27 pm

Kisanzi wrote:Also, it's not as big of a deal as the TTT judging, but it did hurt my feelings a bit that some judges commented on their thoughts of the original videos negatively when it really didn't need to be mentioned. Since they are our favorite videos, I can't help but feel a little sad when reading something like "the effects look cheesy or ugly" on a video that I've held in such high esteem for years, and still do to this day. Not to call anyone out, just know that you made me sad for a few seconds. :(


Actually I was thinking the same. This is the situation: 'I see what you did here, but then the video X did better'
ImageImage
User avatar
TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld
 
Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Location: Honduras
Status: Doctor

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Semifinals Results - The Final 3 Are He

Postby Ileia » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:27 pm

You don't want to arm-wrestle me, Yue. <3
User avatar
Ileia
CornDog Whisperer
 
Joined: 09 Aug 2004
Location: On teh Z-drive, CornDog
Status: ....to completion

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Semifinals Results - The Final 3 Are He

Postby Radical_Yue » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:28 pm

I just imagine your arm like, the size of a muscly sailor with a pink anchor tattoo or something.
ImageImage
User avatar
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose
 
Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Status: The flamer with heart of gold~<3

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Semifinals Results - The Final 3 Are He

Postby Ileia » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:30 pm

The entire thing is pink.
User avatar
Ileia
CornDog Whisperer
 
Joined: 09 Aug 2004
Location: On teh Z-drive, CornDog
Status: ....to completion

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Semifinals Results - The Final 3 Are He

Postby JaddziaDax » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:30 pm

Animated wrote:Feels bad. There are some things I want to say, discussed it with other contestants on skype... Harsh things. I don't feel angry against any of you, (I've gotten this far thanks to you), but...

Spoiler :
Seems that I shouldn't have made a parody video to begin with: Most of the judges were biased against it, while they showed more love towards the happy/romantic ones. Let's say, Jaddziadax. Last round she gave me perfect 20s everywhere for my cute video, and now the lowest score, without even downloading the uncensored video (and another video got the perfect 20s again). Also: Theme points. 20s were supposed to be given to the videos with the most unique "creative spin" on the original video, while most of the judges gave me the lowest score of all 6 contestants. If what I did is not considered a "creative spin", then what is? Should I have gone with "cute scenes" formula to follow siny's and Lopez's example? All of the other 5 videos sticked to the original video's concept (except from Kisanzi's), but still I had to take the lowest theme points because of... black humour? Why? Ok then, let's block NSFW parodies then from the contest!

I believe I got low points for my intention to "destroy" such a beautiful video that everyone loves. No, I didn't do it for the lols, and I was creative. If i wasn't, i would just throw a bunch of gore and porn clips et voila. Also, to get a 6/20 rating for overall from a judge... No. That's not even subjectively a truthful rating. I'm not the one to talk, but hey... 6/20? No.

I feel like TwilightChrono now, well done.



I like how I mentioned by name for this, especially when I actually felt I scored your video rather high despite my personal taste. Insulting the judges in your comments probably didn't help. However I didn't read the comments until I scored 4 of the videos, and I still didn't change my mind.

I have actually never seen the original video until this contest, so I can't say I have any personal feelings for it. However I could only see your video as a fairly weak attempt at trolling, so I didn't feel the need to score highly overall (15) and why this is the lowest of the scores I gave you.

Your spin, while the antithesis of the original video, didn't seem all that creative because it just felt as though it was only made for shock value. As you say "just a bunch of porn and gore thrown on the timeline" is pretty much what I got out of this.

I didn't watch the uncensored video because 1. it was not entered into the contest and 2. I didn't feel like being trolled a second time. However I don't think that viewing the uncensored version will change my mind much because it was nothing but shock imagery for "black humor" aka "the lulz". You said so yourself in your comments.

This is video that was begging for a reaction and well you got one. I'm surprised that you seem so surprised about that.
User avatar
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
 
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Location: somewhere i think O.o
Status: I has a TRU Arceus

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Semifinals Results - The Final 3 Are He

Postby CodeZTM » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:57 pm

By the way, the final round start date has been moved to Friday of this week. This is to give our finalists a few extra days to breathe before the final stretch. It will be posted sometime in the evening hours.
User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Location: Arkansas
Status: Flapping Lips

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Semifinals Results - The Final 3 Are He

Postby Kimberly » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:02 pm

Not everything I say in my comments is what I judged it on. They are, as labeled, comments.
Image
User avatar
Kimberly
Kardashian
 
Joined: 18 Sep 2004

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Semifinals Results - The Final 3 Are He

Postby Hagaren Viper » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:09 pm

What a fun ride! I haven't been actively commenting but I've been following this competition and there's been a lot of great vids, this round is no exception. Really wish I could have been in this with you guys ignoring the fact that you'd all have destroyed me, like woah. Me being me, the next theme is the one I've been quite interested in and I can't wait to see what comes from it.
ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
Hagaren Viper
 
Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Location: I dont wanna edit
Status: Just wanna play Persona 4Ever

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Semifinals Results - The Final 3 Are He

Postby Chiiisus » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:15 pm

/This round made me want to comment, but I've been following this Org Editor all the way through.

First of all, I've been finding this year disappointing compared to last year as a whole if I'm being completely honest.
The quality of the videos just seems lower in some ways. I've been told to be more honest and say what I think, so I'm pretty much doing that for a change. :uhoh:

For me, the videos this round were ok, I didn't love them, I didn't hate them. My favourite was the remake of Shin's video which I enjoyed much more than the original. Though, I do think Kisanzi really did deserve first place since he pulled off the theme really well! The Ouran video felt a little slow at times but it was really happy and upbeat and it really did pay homage to the original video.

In terms of the whole Animated's video should have gotten through/comments on judges, it's a bit hard to be completely objective if the video is not to your tastes. I mean judges are really just giving their opinion in the end and I actually agree with Nya this time around. While the editing was really solid, I watched the video and all I could think of was 'no' because it's not the kind of video I personally can enjoy watching. I get the whole 'doing the opposite' of the original video thing, but I never got the feeling that it was your favourite video because no one (in my opinion) would change a video so drastically that it loses its charm as a favourite video. I honestly don't understand why you would do that to your favourite video. XD I mean, it's good to do something different but to that extent just makes it seem like a troll video.


Good luck in the next round and congrats to the finalists! |:>
Rawr desu <3
User avatar
Chiiisus
 
Joined: 03 Feb 2009
Location: London
Status: Turtle Creeping.

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Semifinals Results - The Final 3 Are He

Postby hamstar138 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:32 pm

CodeZTM wrote:By the way, the final round start date has been moved to Friday of this week. This is to give our finalists a few extra days to breathe before the final stretch. It will be posted sometime in the evening hours.


Good to know. I look forward to it. Have fun on your break finalists. ^__^
Image
User avatar
hamstar138
A Big Ol' Bowl Of Fruit
 
Joined: 01 Aug 2006
Location: On A Magical Planet Called Earth~
Status: 8 year AMV Maker

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Semifinals Results - The Final 3 Are He

Postby slimed » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:47 pm

different strokes for different folks. and the effects in that video were pretty cheesy, not callin anyone out doe
User avatar
slimed
Kardashian
 
Joined: 22 Dec 2011

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Semifinals Results - The Final 3 Are He

Postby SilverFreedoms » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:55 pm

Chiiisus wrote:/This round made me want to comment, but I've been following this Org Editor all the way through.

First of all, I've been finding this year disappointing compared to last year as a whole if I'm being completely honest.
The quality of the videos just seems lower in some ways. I've been told to be more honest and say what I think, so I'm pretty much doing that for a change. :uhoh:

For me, the videos this round were ok, I didn't love them, I didn't hate them. My favourite was the remake of Shin's video which I enjoyed much more than the original. Though, I do think Kisanzi really did deserve first place since he pulled off the theme really well! The Ouran video felt a little slow at times but it was really happy and upbeat and it really did pay homage to the original video.

In terms of the whole Animated's video should have gotten through/comments on judges, it's a bit hard to be completely objective if the video is not to your tastes. I mean judges are really just giving their opinion in the end and I actually agree with Nya this time around. While the editing was really solid, I watched the video and all I could think of was 'no' because it's not the kind of video I personally can enjoy watching. I get the whole 'doing the opposite' of the original video thing, but I never got the feeling that it was your favourite video because no one (in my opinion) would change a video so drastically that it loses its charm as a favourite video. I honestly don't understand why you would do that to your favourite video. XD I mean, it's good to do something different but to that extent just makes it seem like a troll video.


Good luck in the next round and congrats to the finalists! |:>


I believe the drop in quality could be due to the sheer number of drops/dq. Half the contestants seemed to miss the
"Please DO NOT sign up if you do not have the time/energy to enter the competition. It is a weekly edit for 5 weeks, with only 2 days rest in between rounds for judging. If you cannot commit, do NOT compete."
while the other half got disqualified for breaking easy to follow rules. This turned my expected participation from 1-2 round into a bout in the semi-finals.
Imaget had to be said: the world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrifice.

in Ayn Rand's _The Fountainhead
User avatar
SilverFreedoms
 
Joined: 27 Feb 2009
Location: Texas
Status: Hungry

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Semifinals Results - The Final 3 Are He

Postby Nya-chan Production » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:56 pm

Animated wrote:Feels bad. There are some things I want to say, discussed it with other contestants on skype... Harsh things. I don't feel angry against any of you, (I've gotten this far thanks to you), but...

Spoiler :
Seems that I shouldn't have made a parody video to begin with: Most of the judges were biased against it, while they showed more love towards the happy/romantic ones. Let's say, Jaddziadax. Last round she gave me perfect 20s everywhere for my cute video, and now the lowest score, without even downloading the uncensored video (and another video got the perfect 20s again). Also: Theme points. 20s were supposed to be given to the videos with the most unique "creative spin" on the original video, while most of the judges gave me the lowest score of all 6 contestants. If what I did is not considered a "creative spin", then what is? Should I have gone with "cute scenes" formula to follow siny's and Lopez's example? All of the other 5 videos sticked to the original video's concept (except from Kisanzi's), but still I had to take the lowest theme points because of... black humour? Why? Ok then, let's block NSFW parodies then from the contest!

I believe I got low points for my intention to "destroy" such a beautiful video that everyone loves. No, I didn't do it for the lols, and I was creative. If i wasn't, i would just throw a bunch of gore and porn clips et voila. Also, to get a 6/20 rating for overall from a judge... No. That's not even subjectively a truthful rating. I'm not the one to talk, but hey... 6/20? No.

I feel like TwilightChrono now, well done.

I am sorry for rating it like I did, but there's no crossing over the whole "This video, in my opinion, sucks big times, even if it's edited in an awesome way". Your video isn't the first one like that I have met and won't be the last one (unless Ileia arm-wrestles me). And it has to show somewhere, that's my opinion.
I have nothing against parodies, btw. Not even the darker ones (for example I quite like, say, , even if it's a bit old and cheesy by now :< ). But there's just some difference I can't quite pinpoint between that and your video. Something that just calls to me that this is not what AMVs should be about. Maybe it's in the fact that it parodies a piece of other person. Maybe it's in the combo of the song/parody. Maybe it's the mocking text that laughs you in the face as you try to find out why it has gone this way. Don't really know and certainly can't be asked to rewatch your video one more time now the judging is over.
Anyways, my original score has been even lower (original total was 50, IIRC), so because I KNEW it was biased, I specifically asked for the coordinator's help to help me get it unbiased (and it was a great help, pointing me in a good directions and making me rethink it from good angles). I have to admit that I overdid it in some parts now that I see it from a time distance, but I stand by my current ratings. Your spin isn't "creative", but "destructive" and as such, for me, you've failed to do what this round's theme was about.

Anyway, it seems I forgot to make my judge's pick (again), so it goes to... da-da-dum... Video Nr5, the "Kickass Growing Adolescents" award

inb4 flame
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
 
Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Location: Ward 7F
Status: White bracelet

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Semifinals Results - The Final 3 Are He

Postby Kimberly » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:03 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:inb4 flame

Spoiler :
Image
Image
User avatar
Kimberly
Kardashian
 
Joined: 18 Sep 2004

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Semifinals Results - The Final 3 Are He

Postby Nya-chan Production » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:21 pm

Kimberly wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:inb4 flame


Was too lazy to search for that, have my <3 ^^
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
 
Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Location: Ward 7F
Status: White bracelet

PreviousNext

Return to Project OrgEditor Season 3: The King of Spring

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest