P.O.E Season 3 : Round 3 - "Mythical Tales"

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 3 - "Mythical Tales"

Post by Radical_Yue » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:58 pm

I'd be up for this to be honest. Hell, I'd rather have an extension till tomorrow night, Sunday seems like quite a bit too much.

EDIT: The reason behind Sunday seeming like too much is from what I've heard everyone say is that they're not enjoying this round/theme and I sincerely doubt everyone would use that time wisely to polish (what most consider) to be a turd that they will leave behind to die a horrible death. I know that once I'm done with my video I'll probably never look at it again.

LopezAMV
Org Profile

Post by LopezAMV » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:01 pm

It would take a huge load off my mind if that extension pushes through so I'm all for it. I'd hate to turn in something so terribly bland :(

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:04 pm

CodeZTM wrote: So what's the public consensus on having an extension until Sunday (giving you the rest of this week)?
TOTALLY terrible timing. I have to say no. It's 4 am here, and I was supposed to wake up in 2 hours from now to go to work. If I knew we had 3 more days, I would have just forgotten all about this and would have gone to sleep 8 hours ago. I'm editing for 10 hours straight because of the deadline!!!

:down:

Sorry, but I have to decline the offer.

RAWdangers
Org Profile

Post by RAWdangers » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:05 pm

I am not diametrically opposed to an extension. I'm probably going to finish up my vid pretty soonish, but having some extra time to smooth it out and do some stuff I want to do would be nice. As yue said, even an extension till just tomorrow would be fine with me. Also if doing an extension keeps more editors from dropping, I would prefer to be able to go up against as many of them as possible.
So I vote yes, although Sunday seems a tad bit much. Maybe tomorrow or friday? But whatever is best for everyone.
:up:

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:11 pm

Since everyone's voting for "yes", I'll take it as granted that there will be given a deadline extension. I'm off to bed and will not upload my video right now, which has just ended rendering. Goodnight fellas.

(...you owe me an apology)

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:14 pm

CodeZTM wrote:So... I've been contacted by several people in the last few hours. So what's the public consensus on having an extension until Sunday (giving you the rest of this week)? I am loathe to do it, but the purpose of the contest is to have videos made and to have fun, and from what I am hearing, there seems to be a large number of people on the verge of dropping and/or not publishing work they want to put out.
I feel like a lot of the reason I didn't make it through last round was because of the deadline, I didn't whine and complain for an extension. A deadline is a deadline, and a huge part of contests like these. For consistency's sake an extension shouldn't even be considered.

:down:

Kisanzi
Why I likes so much?
Org Profile

Post by Kisanzi » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:24 pm

CodeZTM wrote:So... I've been contacted by several people in the last few hours. So what's the public consensus on having an extension until Sunday (giving you the rest of this week)? I am loathe to do it, but the purpose of the contest is to have videos made and to have fun, and from what I am hearing, there seems to be a large number of people on the verge of dropping and/or not publishing work they want to put out.
Ughhhh....that sucks guys. An extension would have been great to ask for days ago, but here we are 3 hours from the deadline and I have already destroyed my eyes from the past two evenings of marathon editing when I could have taking it easier? (I say 2 days because I got my concept nailed down a bit late in the process.) :P

(Sorry, just venting some frustration.)

I guess I'd be a little more understanding if I hadn't already buckled down and squeezed every ounce of my time since Monday knowing that meeting the deadline is part of the competition. But, I can understand if it's necessary to give until tomorrow night if people may need an extra day to do some finishing touches, but four more days is too much and seems like enough time for someone who hasn't even started yet to make an entire video. I'm not against people having fun or making something they like, but some editors, like myself, have only limited days/time to edit with and I push myself to get the job done, sometimes against all concern for my sleep schedule or health. :(

I vote :up: to and extension only if it's until tomorrow, otherwise :down:.

Now back to editing...

Rendakor
Falling Like A Star
Org Profile

Post by Rendakor » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:26 pm

Well I'd love an extension to Sunday. I've got literally nothing done because of IRL shit, and had PM'd Code to drop; however if others are in favor of an extension then I'd love a chance to actually put something out this round.
:up:
Image Image

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:41 pm

Mmmmkway, I think I've got a general idea of how you guys feel. Thanks for the responses both in thread and via pm/skype.

I'll go with this and consider it the new official deadline.

Please have your AMVs in my hands by 6 PM CST tomorrow. That is about the time when I get home from work, and I WILL be checking it them. Any videos not in by then are forfeit.

Iron Solari
OSHMKUFA2010
Org Profile

Post by Iron Solari » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:08 pm

The extension is your call ultimately. If you choose to extend, it will help some and make a few upset, unfortunately not everyone can be pleased. Do as you see fit.
"Some guy stuck a butter knife covered in peanut butter into my DvD player because he said it was hungry."
-Anonymous

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 3: The King of Spring”