P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - Results

This is the official forum for Project OrgEditor Season 3, hosted by CodeZTM.

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - Results

Postby HiikariAMV » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:28 pm

eGHUIER5HGERIGNUIERJHBGEIU WHAT IS THIS MADNESSSS!?!
I got into the next round *A*... thank you so much guys ;^; <3
User avatar
HiikariAMV
Fun things are fun
 
Joined: 11 Nov 2012
Status: Nice to meet you! :3

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - Results

Postby xPauChan » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:55 am

:bzz: Passed :bzz2:

Thank you judges for being so kind <3
xPauChan
 
Joined: 12 Jan 2012

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - Results

Postby afanador » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:18 pm

This was so fun, thank you judges for the nice comments! Already started editing for next round. :D
User avatar
afanador
 
Joined: 27 Mar 2011

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - Results

Postby AMV_4000 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:37 pm

pacotacoshell wrote:
CodeZTM wrote:
pacotacoshell wrote:Sooooooooooooooooooooo.....19 really didn't get dq'd? lol.


I can't disqualify it for a rule that does not exist. Using footage from other AMVs isn't in my rules, so I can't just do it because I disagree with the practice.

I haven't typed it out yet, but there will be an addition to the rules regarding this for all of my future contests and for the rest of this contest. There will be a pm sent out tonight too. I just want to word it correctly, and I'm technically still at work. :uhoh:

BUT IT'S THE AMV EDITING STANDARD. :l

If these people can't respect other editors to at least ASK before they take our edits then they shouldn't be in this contest. I'd rather see some of the people that got eliminated that actually tried editing their vid and worked hard to get to the next round instead of the LAMEST. GUY. EVER. And it's not even your fault Code, because it shouldn't need to be mentioned. This isn't the freaking King of Spayn people, JESUS H. FUCKING CHRIST.

Glad I'm not a judge. Back in my day, if we couldn't get clips we would take them from other videos. Its not about respect. You saying that we don't respect who we borrow clips from is bs. Does that mean you don't respect the anime you take clips from? Unless it was blatently obvious Iwould have let them stay. Just my opinion though.
User avatar
AMV_4000
 
Joined: 10 Apr 2002
Location: USA

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - Results

Postby AMV_4000 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:57 pm

So after reading the final ruling and why, I must say that is some bs as well, however, rules are rules so... WATCH YOUR COMPRESSION! NO VIDEOS OVER 150 MB CAN BE ON THE ORG SO YOU MIGHT GET DQ'd... even tho I thought there was one last year that was huge... just sayin :p
User avatar
AMV_4000
 
Joined: 10 Apr 2002
Location: USA

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - Results

Postby CodeZTM » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:09 pm

AMV_4000 wrote:So after reading the final ruling and why, I must say that is some bs as well, however, rules are rules so... WATCH YOUR COMPRESSION! NO VIDEOS OVER 150 MB CAN BE ON THE ORG SO YOU MIGHT GET DQ'd... even tho I thought there was one last year that was huge... just sayin :p


Actually...

The Technical Rules wrote:AMVs must be less than 150 MB, unless an applicable reason is given otherwise.


So, yeah, there's that.
User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Location: Arkansas
Status: Flapping Lips

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - Results

Postby AMV_4000 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:24 pm

I better see some reasons posted if its over 150 mb!

The point I'm trying to make is you're holding a contest for fun then being a rules nazi... which is stupid.. its your contest, but I personally won't enter anymore if its not fun... also, report most of my vids for not gettingg permission, including my animix track...
User avatar
AMV_4000
 
Joined: 10 Apr 2002
Location: USA

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - Results

Postby CodeZTM » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:19 pm

I'm sorry that you're unhappy about this situation. I don't believe I'm being too stringent about this, but I suppose we will agree to disagree about this.

That being said, at the end of the contest, I always have a small exit survey to improve future contests. If you have thoughts about this subject in particular (using amv footage/editing in contest entries), please feel free to comment then.
User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Location: Arkansas
Status: Flapping Lips

Previous

Return to Project OrgEditor Season 3: The King of Spring

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest