P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - "The King of Spring"

This is the official forum for Project OrgEditor Season 3, hosted by CodeZTM.
User avatar
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Joined: Thu May 03, 2001 4:17 pm
Location: Some where in California, I forgot :\
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - "The King of Spring"

Postby Pwolf » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:32 pm

Kimberly wrote:Well I actually considered originality to be part of concept. There's the question of if the video has a concept, but then I also thought about if the concept is just something that's been done over and over.


Originality, at least to me, is a very personal thing. Its completely based on perspective. Video quality, editing, concept and adherence to theme are all measurable traits are relatively universal between anyone whos ever edited. The only differences between judges would be their level of comprehension of each trait and their experiences. What i consider original and new will be different to your views. IMHO stuff like that shouldnt be a factor when judging. As a judge, I often give videos i dont like higher scores because the standards say i have to. My personal bias about source shouldnt factor into anything unless i am directed to by the coordinator... in which case i probably wouldn't judge.

Thats me though so if code has no problem, by all means. I just want a fair contest, wither or not ill make it past the current round. My personal opinion is that taking originality into account isn't fair. My only exception would to be use it only if you have two videos that are equally scored in all categories. This rarely happens.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.

User avatar
Kimberly
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:39 pm
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - "The King of Spring"

Postby Kimberly » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:47 pm

Pwolf wrote:
Kimberly wrote:Well I actually considered originality to be part of concept. There's the question of if the video has a concept, but then I also thought about if the concept is just something that's been done over and over.


Originality, at least to me, is a very personal thing. Its completely based on perspective. Video quality, editing, concept and adherence to theme are all measurable traits are relatively universal between anyone whos ever edited. The only differences between judges would be their level of comprehension of each trait and their experiences. What i consider original and new will be different to your views. IMHO stuff like that shouldnt be a factor when judging. As a judge, I often give videos i dont like higher scores because the standards say i have to. My personal bias about source shouldnt factor into anything unless i am directed to by the coordinator... in which case i probably wouldn't judge.

Thats me though so if code has no problem, by all means. I just want a fair contest, wither or not ill make it past the current round. My personal opinion is that taking originality into account isn't fair. My only exception would to be use it only if you have two videos that are equally scored in all categories. This rarely happens.


Fair enough. I'll update my scores when I get home :p
ImageImage

User avatar
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:38 pm
Status: Top Breeder
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - "The King of Spring"

Postby Kitsuner » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:02 pm

Quick, everybody haggle with the judges to improve your scores!
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

User avatar
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Joined: Thu May 03, 2001 4:17 pm
Location: Some where in California, I forgot :\
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - "The King of Spring"

Postby Pwolf » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:05 pm

Kitsuner wrote:Quick, everybody haggle with the judges to improve your scores!


i have a bunch of 20's also... :ying:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.

User avatar
Kimberly
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:39 pm
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - "The King of Spring"

Postby Kimberly » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:14 pm

Pwolf wrote:
Kitsuner wrote:Quick, everybody haggle with the judges to improve your scores!


i have a bunch of 20's also... :ying:

Sorry I only accept 100s
ImageImage

User avatar
RAWdangers
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:40 pm
Status: herp a derp derp
Location: Nowheresville, Middle of Nowhere
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - "The King of Spring"

Postby RAWdangers » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:15 pm

I say we stop getting on the judges case and telling them how to judge before even one round of judging. No matter what every judge is going to judge slightly differently and its not up to the competitors to decide how they should judge. The judges aren't judging to please the competitors. If after some round of judging there is a serious judging issue, then take that to Code and its up to him to decide whether or not a judge is being unfair. Seriously, lets at least wait for the results before we go after the judges with our pitchforks and torches.

Now to address my own opinion on the idea of originality and what Siny said. She was giving advice on how to stand out in a more positive way in this competition. Being original is a great way to stand out and get yourself more points if that's what you're aiming for. If i were judging and I was down to the last spot to make it through to the next round and had two videos with equal editing, quality of footage, etc. both addressed the theme well enough and and i thought they could both deserve to make it through to the next round but I would have to eliminate one of them, i would find it easier to justify sending the one that was more original than the one that used the same anime, the same type of song, had the same tone and was pretty much the same concept wise as 20 other videos in the round, to the next round. Again, this is just my own opinion, and another judge might not do it this way. But when it comes down to it, as a competitor you want to differentiate yourself from your competition; whether it be through sheer better quality of editing or an amazing concept. That is what it means to compete.

But as I said, just let the judges judge.

User avatar
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:38 pm
Status: Top Breeder
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - "The King of Spring"

Postby Kitsuner » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:17 pm

RAWdangers wrote:I say we stop getting on the judges case and telling them how to judge before even one round of judging. No matter what every judge is going to judge slightly differently and its not up to the competitors to decide how they should judge. The judges aren't judging to please the competitors. If after some round of judging there is a serious judging issue, then take that to Code and its up to him to decide whether or not a judge is being unfair. Seriously, lets at least wait for the results before we go after the judges with our pitchforks and torches.

Now to address my own opinion on the idea of originality and what Siny said. She was giving advice on how to stand out in a more positive way in this competition. Being original is a great way to stand out and get yourself more points if that's what you're aiming for. If i were judging and I was down to the last spot to make it through to the next round and had two videos with equal editing, quality of footage, etc. both addressed the theme well enough and and i thought they could both deserve to make it through to the next round but I would have to eliminate one of them, i would find it easier to justify sending the one that was more original than the one that used the same anime, the same type of song, had the same tone and was pretty much the same concept wise as 20 other videos in the round, to the next round. Again, this is just my own opinion, and another judge might not do it this way. But when it comes down to it, as a competitor you want to differentiate yourself from your competition; whether it be through sheer better quality of editing or an amazing concept. That is what it means to compete.

But as I said, just let the judges judge.

Dammit, Tommy, stop judging people for judging the judges!
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

User avatar
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:25 am
Status: I has a TRU Arceus
Location: somewhere i think O.o
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - "The King of Spring"

Postby JaddziaDax » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:18 pm

My judging is biased still

User avatar
meleechampion
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:05 pm
Status: wtf is a jabber address
Org Profile

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - "The King of Spring"

Postby meleechampion » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:20 pm

RAWdangers wrote:judge

16 times, by (not) my count

User avatar
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:38 pm
Status: Top Breeder
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - "The King of Spring"

Postby Kitsuner » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:24 pm

meleechampion wrote:(not) my count

Pictured:

Image
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

User avatar
catgod
cat stalker
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:12 am
Org Profile

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - "The King of Spring"

Postby catgod » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:25 pm

Kimberly wrote:
Pwolf wrote:
Kitsuner wrote:Quick, everybody haggle with the judges to improve your scores!


i have a bunch of 20's also... :ying:

Sorry I only accept 100s


so basically
pwolf tried to pop some points but only had twenty dollars in his pocket~
do you even kininarimasu!?
http://shitstirspearesays.tumblr.com/

User avatar
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2003 1:22 pm
Status: Calm Your Miniature Colorful Horses
Location: Detroit area
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - "The King of Spring"

Postby ngsilver » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:27 pm

Spoiler :
Image
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Kimberly
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:39 pm
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - "The King of Spring"

Postby Kimberly » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:17 am

Meh, done. There wasn't much of a change though.
ImageImage

User avatar
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Joined: Thu May 03, 2001 4:17 pm
Location: Some where in California, I forgot :\
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - "The King of Spring"

Postby Pwolf » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:19 am

RAWdangers wrote:I say we stop getting on the judges case and telling them how to judge before even one round of judging. No matter what every judge is going to judge slightly differently and its not up to the competitors to decide how they should judge.


But the coordinator has laid out how the judges should judge. I'm only asking that they follow the standard of judging set out by the coordinator. Of which, originality isn't mentioned or clearly defined. The standards, as they are currently written, are clear and I want to make sure the judges are being fair when they are doing their job.

chit wrote:
Kimberly wrote:Sorry I only accept 100s


so basically
pwolf tried to pop some points but only had twenty dollars in his pocket~


I can do $100's :ying:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.

User avatar
Kimberly
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:39 pm
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - "The King of Spring"

Postby Kimberly » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:28 am

Pwolf wrote:
RAWdangers wrote:I say we stop getting on the judges case and telling them how to judge before even one round of judging. No matter what every judge is going to judge slightly differently and its not up to the competitors to decide how they should judge.


But the coordinator has laid out how the judges should judge. I'm only asking that they follow the standard of judging set out by the coordinator. Of which, originality isn't mentioned or clearly defined. The standards, as they are currently written, are clear and I want to make sure the judges are being fair when they are doing their job.

I just wanted to ask, out of curiosity, and I'm not going to change any scores. But how would you judge theme then? Since originality isn't included, would you give full points for the theme if they chose to do Summer and just put a bunch of Summer scenes in their video?

Pwolf wrote:
chit wrote:
Kimberly wrote:Sorry I only accept 100s


so basically
pwolf tried to pop some points but only had twenty dollars in his pocket~


I can do $100's :ying:

Meet me in the alley. Come alone :nose:
ImageImage


Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 3: The King of Spring”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest