P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - "The King of Spring"

meleechampion
Org Profile

Re: P.O.E Season 3 : Round 1 - "The King of Spring"

Post by meleechampion » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:02 pm

While I can appreciate the "show, don't tell" rule it was easy, for me at least, to lose focus and not give some videos my full attention just given the number of videos, repeated sources, etc. I think the comments helped me at least have something to look for when watching.

I don't know if you can judge someone's use of theme based solely on how readily apparent their concept was. Not for those that went off the beaten path a little bit, and especially because these videos were made in a week. Works of art they are not.

I'll just say if you wait until after to read the comments, I sincerely hope you are watching these more than once.

LopezAMV
Org Profile

Post by LopezAMV » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:26 pm

Video 1:
Spoiler :
Editing was ok. Cute video. Too many white crossfades. I would comment on it more but I feel like people already addressed everything worth mentioning. Good effort, keep it up.
Video 2:
Spoiler :
Don't know how to feel about this one. I like that it's not mushy like most other entries but at the same time it's kind of..strange. Idk I guess that at the end of the day I enjoyed this vid a lot more than some of the other entries :nose: I hope this gets you a spot in the next round, I would like to see how you deal with the next theme.
Video 3:
Spoiler :
K-On cuteness. That's about all it is. Doesn't really stick out as anything special, editing is decent but bland. Next time try to make the editing a little more dynamic :up:
Video 4:
Spoiler :
Everything is well-edited but its biggest flaw is not being longer. Draws you in but lets you down hard. Good video though :nose:
Video 5:
Spoiler :
Didn't particularly like this one. It was edited well and it'll easily make it past this round, but I just can't get it into it. I can see why everyone liked it but in my opinion it's a bad mix of song/source. Good job, nonetheless. Props for trying something original despite only having a week to edit.
Other notes: 1:03-1:10 is bland and the sync is kinda strange. Could've easily gone without the "falling girl" scene :( .
Video 6:
Spoiler :
One of my favorites from the round, not a fan of text in amvs but the feels make it stand out :up: Editing is simple but effective. I would elaborate more but it's not necessary for this one.
Video 7:
Spoiler :
Pretty cool. The plot (could have used "sadder" scenes) and sync needed some work but I like it. Paco's comment covers it pretty well :P
Video 8:
Spoiler :
I like the song choice, didn't like the editing so much though. Seems really rushed :?
Video 9:
Spoiler :
Watched it and didn't get it. Read the comments and I get it now...but the plot is still a bit weak and the video as a whole could have been a lot better with a bit more effort. Though to be fair, one week is not enough time to perfect a video. With that said, it's still one of my favorites from the round. I like the mood of the song and I think that Kara no Kyoukai fits it rather well.
Video 10:
Spoiler :
Good stuff. The letterboxed clips were really distracting, they pop in and out randomly and the video as a whole would've been a lot better without them. The dance scene at 1:15 was amusing but it was dragged out a little too much. I also found that parts of the video progressed rather slowly and didn't really match the pace of the song as well as they could have. Take 1:54-1:59 for example, the clips look amusing enough but they seem randomly placed and ill synced. A little more sync would have definitely gone a long way. The lip sync was good for the most part so that's a plus :nose:
One of the better videos of the round, for sure. Good job :up: I look forward to seeing your next video as this will easily earn you a spot in the next round :3.
Video 11:
Spoiler :
I agree with Paco, the editing is a little bland. That said, I really like this one cause of the "lazy" aspect. Got super lazy just watching it...which is both good and bad haha. The editing was simple but effective enough to get the point across :up:.
The start of the song reminded me of Trigun, love that show :awesome:
Working on the rest.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:57 pm

CodeZTM wrote:2 more still uploading right now.

The official number by my record is 30.
So how is it with backups this year, btw? They can't get thrown in now, because it'd be clear which vid it is, but advancing straight to R2 would be weird too, right? Are they already in?

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:03 pm

I have watched the videos as much as I felt I needed to. I'm not going to argue about how many times I need to watch a video in order to "get" it.

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:33 pm

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:45 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
NS wrote:some fun stuff comin out of this. I'll remind every judge that when thinking "Idk why this video was inspired by a season" there are comments on each vid for a reason. :bzz:
Number one rule of being creative: Show, don't tell.
Number one rule of being a judge: get the whole perspective before ruling.

GuntherAMVs
Mistress of Cocaine.
Org Profile

Post by GuntherAMVs » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:51 pm

After watching them all, Videos 28 and 29 really stood out to me~
Loved them both <3
Good luck everyone! :sorcerer:
LIVE YOUR ART. LOVE YOUR LIFE.

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:07 pm

NS wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:
NS wrote:some fun stuff comin out of this. I'll remind every judge that when thinking "Idk why this video was inspired by a season" there are comments on each vid for a reason. :bzz:
Number one rule of being creative: Show, don't tell.
Number one rule of being a judge: get the whole perspective before ruling.
Couldn't agree more.
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:46 pm

My ratings are in, I'll post my comments later the next week as I am going home for the rest of the weekend.

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:02 am

Okay, I'm done with my judging. Woo hoo!
ImageImage

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 3: The King of Spring”